Beware of Saves Corrupting.

BR_Turner

Just got the platinum in this one, but towards the end, Chernobylite regularly crashes to the dashboard and saves corrupt on saving. This also includes autosaving. 

This sounds basic, but backing up saves to the cloud or a USB Drive will be a lifesaver.

• Like 1

Almost lost all my progres yesterday (solid 25 hours of playing), thanks god I've made a copy of my save file. The state this game has been released on PS4 is unacceptable: constant crashes, save corrupts and a lot of glitches - compared to this Cyberpunk is the most polished and bugs free game ever. And it's a shame because the gameplay itself is very fun. Still, DON'T buy it until they fix it, don't risk wasting your time or your nerves. Maybe the latest patch (1.9) will finally fix some major problems, I will test it soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2021 at 0:17 AM, Ptirle said:

So, did the latest patch fix anything? 

No, I lost about 7 hours of gameplay today. I generally don't make cloud saves every hour since I never experienced something like this before. I mostly make a cloud save at the end of the day when I finish play.

Latest patch did NOT fix this.

Also, I noticed that the longer the game went on, the more crashes the game had. My first 5-7 hours (Day 1-10) didn't experience this.

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NISZCZYCIELE said:

Anyone?

I finished it like a month ago and it still suffers from the save corruption problems ..... If you do get the save corruption then just keep playing on until you trigger an autosave (manuel save wont work) and everything will be fine again but DONT close the game before that autosave otherwise your saves wont load.

Also, backup your saves to cloud or better USB once in a while just to be safe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The bug is not fixed, it just happened to me 1 hour ago. Game crashed on day 22, and when I went back to the game… no save data detection. And for I read in several pages and social media, is still a very common bug in PS4 and 5. Its so fucking annoying to lose 15-20h of game…

• Like 1