Trophy Discussion Thread

Jerry_Appleby

I don't make forum topics much since I'm still new here, but I had to say something for this game!! 

I just finished the other game Alwa's Awakening literally last night, just in time to see a trophy list drop for this game! Day 1 purchase for me for sure!

Looks like a typical Metroidvania list, glad to see there's a trophy for 100% secrets!

Curious how Pacifist Mode works, maybe no deaths allowed or possibly no damage? :o 

I bet the equilibrium trophy is missable but I'm not sure if anything else is from initial glances.

I hope you can still sequence break like in the original game, it was fun bypassing boss fights using double block/bubble jumps and walljumping. :P 

Seems like a fun list!

• Like 1

Doesn't look like too many difficult trophies aside from maybe Pacifist mode that I could tell
I did finish this game on the Nintendo Switch quite a while ago definitely would probably place it in my top 10 favorite indie games list.
 Might try for the Platinum at some point.
haven't finished Alwa's awakening yet or started it.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Equilibrium trophy is missable of course, due to the fact that you need those 3 items on you at once.

There are at least 4 keys you can get without beating the bosses associated with them, while still progressing the story:

Rose Castle has 2 keys, use the first one to get to your upgrades, but don't use the 2nd key (and thus skip the boss fight).

The dungeon in the top right has a key on the left section, however, it shows up in Central Alwa on the map due to a passageway leading outside to it from the dungeon.

Eldie's Keep has 2 keys on the lower levels that are only used to access some minibosses.

The Tears are not a problem as they are used to create warp points, so just pick up as many as you want, and spend them on warp points as needed while always keeping at least 3.

The Rose Petals are some of the toughest collectibles to find, most requiring some specific platforming skills or hidden passageways.

There are 2 really easy ones to get though:

Westwood - in the water on the lower left (you can get this without the water upgrade, but you'll drown once you get it, so if you're ok with a death on your tally, get this one!)

The Underground Catacomb (can't remember official name) - The top-left room where you entered the dungeon for the first time has a super easy petal behind a locked door. Just remember to go back there when you get the master key!

There are many petals scattered elsewhere, some that require you to have your bubble or green block maximized in order to hit some switches at the same time, so upgrade your magic asap!

Another trophy that I think is missable is reuniting the father with his son. That takes place in the dungeon on the lower right, near Boyd's farm. The father is trapped in the dungeon, but if you raise the water level too fast without opening the door he's behind, he will drown, leaving a skeleton behind. Since I was sequence-breaking a lot while exploring, I had some upgrades that allowed me to bypass certain rooms, meaning that I didn't need to save him as part of normal progression, so I let him die. :P Hopefully there's no orbs attached to this mini-questline, otherwise I'll have locked myself out of 100%.

Edit: If you let him die, you can talk to the witch in Central Alwa and she will revive him, getting you the trophy if you visit the farm!

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
fixed a mistake
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, Jerry_Appleby said:

Another trophy that I think is missable is reuniting the father with his son. That takes place in the dungeon on the lower right, near Boyd's farm. The father is trapped in the dungeon, but if you raise the water level too fast without opening the door he's behind, he will drown, leaving a skeleton behind. Since I was sequence-breaking a lot while exploring, I had some upgrades that allowed me to bypass certain rooms, meaning that I didn't need to save him as part of normal progression, so I let him die. :P Hopefully there's no orbs attached to this mini-questline, otherwise I'll have locked myself out of 100%.

you're fine, save him on your pacifist run

Steam Community :: Guide :: 100% Achievements with videos, Pacifist Walkthrough & Secrets [ENG]

On 12/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, EightBitArtist said:

Turns out it's not actually missable. You can talk to the witch character in Central Alwa, and she will revive him for you. Then just go to the farm and talk to him for his reward.

So then the only missable trophies are:

Pacifist Mode (as if you get an accidental kill it negates the trophy)

Equilibrium

That's Not Right (although it's at the beginning of the game, I purposefully missed it my first run)

• 1 year later...
On 2021-12-25 at 5:36 PM, Jerry_Appleby said:

Pacifist Mode

How tough is Pacifist Mode, and how does Alwa’s Legacy compare to the first game in terms of difficulty in your opinion? Can you use backup saves just in case you accidentally kill something?

There’s no speed run this time around which is nice, but going through the game without killing enemies sounds like it could be tough!

56 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

How tough is Pacifist Mode, and how does Alwa’s Legacy compare to the first game in terms of difficulty in your opinion? Can you use backup saves just in case you accidentally kill something?

There’s no speed run this time around which is nice, but going through the game without killing enemies sounds like it could be tough!

I can't remember since it's been a while :P

I do think the sequel was easier than the first game, but I don't really remember the exact things about the game. I always had backup saves for my games so they will help for pacifist mode.

3 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I can't remember since it's been a while :P

I do think the sequel was easier than the first game, but I don't really remember the exact things about the game. I always had backup saves for my games so they will help for pacifist mode.

It looks a lot easier just based on the trophies, but I just picked it up in the Summer Sale and thought I’d ask. Not that the first game was difficult or anything, but I think I’d rather do something like Pacifist over a speedrun as at least I can take my time. ?

For anyone else — I did find a guide on this random site called Riot Bits and it actually looks pretty detailed and useful for the trickier bits. It’s worth a look if you’re gonna platinum this.