Is this flaggeable?

zgz93

9 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

Where did I state that this site's leaderboard rules follow Sony's own rules? 

The whole purpose of threads like this is to discuss the leaderboard rules, not Sony's rules.  Bringing them in is irrelevant.

But it wouldn't disable trophies if they didn't want you obtaining them from saves that are not your own. 

I think I understand what you are saying here and if I do, that's not entirely how trophies work.  Save file sharing doesn't disable trophies.  In almost all cases, trophies are obtained through triggers in game.  As in going FROM 299 wins to 300 wins triggers a trophy.  Simply having 300 wins on your save does nothing.  That's not disabling trophies by Sony that's just smart development by the devs.  Some games don't do that though and simply having the states in the file triggers a flood of trophies.  

(I can't click below this next quote box....  But no argument with you here,. I was just responding to the idea of Sony's stance on save file sharing, how it works and if Appealing to Sony's stance is relevant to Leaderboard rules).

Want to be a part of this site's leaderboard? Then you follow its rules... Simple. 

Downloaded saves... Regardless of intent, is against the site's rules. 

And there are a number of reasons why that is. 

End of story. 

Edited by Reboot_Revival

42 minutes ago, Reboot_Revival said:

I think I understand what you are saying here and if I do, that's not entirely how trophies work.  Save file sharing doesn't disable trophies.  In almost all cases, trophies are obtained through triggers in game.  As in going FROM 299 wins to 300 wins triggers a trophy.  Simply having 300 wins on your save does nothing.  That's not disabling trophies by Sony that's just smart development by the devs.  Some games don't do that though and simply having the states in the file triggers a flood of trophies.  

Sorry, what I meant was you cannot earn trophies using someone else's save without resigning that save... Which is what Sony, and this website, does not allow. 

You cannot download a save and chuck it on your playstation, start using it and unlocking trophies. 

I'm also very much aware of how trophy unlocks work. 

That the vast majority don't simply do a data check, it's an actual trigger point that sets them off. 

But my point there was that with the exception of a very select few games, you cannot use downloaded saves without resigning them for the purpose of obtaining trophies. 

Sony just flat out does not allow this. 

Forgive me for ever bringing what Sony allows up in the first place. 

It seems to have trailed off from the point I was trying to make. 

Which is simply in any way shape or form, downloaded saves are not deemed legitimate for obtaining trophies on this sites leaderboard, regardless of save encryption or not. 

Edited by Azure Kite

Idk how this got into what Sony allows or not.

The point is this site and its users agree to certain rules to maintain as what is put out by the site staff and owner in what is allowed or not.

Save sharing of any kind isn't allowed period, one because of the obvious that most saves are protected including this one.

Two the fact it can be hard to tell a modified save from a legitimate one (even then no one is gonna request to verify a save from every single person).

Three and this a bigger but lesser known reason why saves shouldn't be shared and why Sony went with copy protection natively on PS4. Most saves (offline or online but especially ones with online data) uses unique identifiers made from the User ID and Console ID which is typically safely stored directly on the console to verify the user using it. This is also viable data that Sony uses to authorize your account/system to access their services. It's also one of the same reasons most trophy/achievement sites bar closed source private servers for use in trophy hunting as no one can tell if their is a possible phishing program stealing this or other information (besides to ensure no one is cheating with modify servers). While it happens rarely I've seen people get shadow banned from PSN because their CID was stolen and used on an already blacklisted console.

Anyways regardless of what Sony's stance is on it, this site while made for PlayStation fans and trophies hunters, is not operated directly by Sony and as such the staff can make any rules they wish as to how to validate their leaderboards. There is other sites with leaderboards if one trophy or one game here is really making that much of a difficulty for everyone.

7 hours ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Since where in Sonys t&cs does it state anything about using any savefile in a legitimate manner? It could be your own, even if it isnt, that isn't proved by someone else saying or thinking it might not be. The difference being sony dont like modded consoles/cfw. So it's not anything like being illegitimate. How can you claim it is when sony themselves, who are bigger than this site and the people who make decisions for it, dont deem it to be so? You saying its not legitimate doesn't make that the truth.

The rules need to be amended slightly. These things happen is sport

Again, yours, mine, sony's and everyone else's definition of legitimate doesn't matter.  This site has no official affiliation with Sony. Think of it ad a mega fan site or something. It's privately owned and operated.  If you want to be on this site's leaderboards, then you have to follow this site's rules. Simple as that.

And no offense, but you calling for rules to be changed - you may as well be talking to a wall, for a number of reasons.

1) Site owner is inactive, no major changes happening 

2) This isn't an officiated and regulated sport, so comparison is invalid

3) You are a nobody (relative to this site). What I mean by that is you have no authority/influence. If you up and permanently left tomorrow because you don't like the rules, no one that matters would notice.

So again, you can either follow the rules and be on the leaderboard, ignore the leaderboard, or find a new one that's more to your liking 

17 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

You gained the reward without the effort... You used a save file that wasn't yours. 

By definition of the leaderboard that is cheating. 

The trophy is unobtainable by the initially intended method created by the developers. 

Just because a work around exists does not make it legit. 

Also my analogy went completely over your head. 

You're not meant to take it literally. 

My point was just because other people have also cheated but are yet to be caught isn't grounds for your own cheated trophy to be dismissed. 

The people that have yet to be caught will eventually be caught in due time and reported. 

Without effort? I think you not sure what that save file does.

The save file does not auto pop the trophy for you, you still need to go customize your character, then equip it, then change to multiplayer menu and then host a lobby and start a multiplayer game, only then is the trophy unlocking.

is the same effort, only that the create mask and link it to account changed to put it to USB and copy it from USB to ps3

10 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

Account sharing? 

You mean the same account sharing that Sony states is against their tos? 

But even then you mention console based save sharing... referring to the sharing of saves between accounts on 1 localised console... 

Not the mass distribution of a save file over the internet that anyone can download and use. 

Also save encryption is a requirement for every single game is it not? 

Regardless of wether that game has online profile data or not. 

There's a reason why using a save that didnt originate from your account (without resigning) disables trophy acquisition. 

But you're missing the very essence of what i said about what they all did though. The fact the game does have save file copy protection, just not for the mask specifically. The only thing they popped when they put it on. Test it on an alt, go ahead whilst there's still time. I do believe it works as intended, for the sake of sharing, as most devs have things like this where you share creations. It's as simple as that, a shared creation, not some grand achievement. 

Edited by GeorgieBeast

15 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

But you're missing the very essence of what i said about what they all did though. The fact the game does have save file copy protection, just not for the mask specifically. The only thing they popped when they put it on. Test it on an alt, go ahead whilst there's still time. I do believe it works as intended, for the sake of sharing, as most devs have things like this where you share creations. It's as simple as that, a shared creation, not some grand achievement. 

It doesn't matter wether the save let's you unlock this trophy without resigning the save. 

You are still using an external downloaded save that does not belong to you. 

And I'm going to make this nice and big so you can read.... 

USING EXTERNAL SAVES THAT AREN'T YOURS TO UNLOCK TROPHIES IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE LEADERBOARD. 

There shouldn't even be a debate here. 

You broke the rules of the leaderboard... Plain and simple. 

Deal with it. 

Complaining over and over isn't going to change your outcome. 

1 minute ago, Azure Kite said:

It doesn't matter wether the save let's you unlock this trophy without resigning the save. 

You are still using an external downloaded save that does not belong to you. 

And I'm going to make this nice and big so you can read.... 

USING EXTERNAL SAVES THAT AREN'T YOURS TO UNLOCK TROPHIES IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE LEADERBOARD. 

There shouldn't even be a debate here. 

You broke the rules of the leaderboard... Plain and simple. 

Deal with it. 

Complaining over and over isn't going to change your outcome. 

I've never said i used the method. Look really closely at all my phrasing along all what I've ever said regarding it on any thread.

And I'm not sure if you're aware, but they've allowed another method. So how's one ok and the other not?

3 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

And I'm not sure if you're aware, but they've allowed another method. So how's one ok and the other not?

Because save file usage is against the rules of the site!! 

How is this so hard for you to understand?

All other methods are irrelevant... 

That method is still being debated among CRT... Just an fyi