Playing Grounded on 1st playthrough was a bad idea

bendermac

It took me a long time to finally start U4 and the day I did, get the MP trophies, Sony announced the PS5 version. Now I've to finish the game. I started with grounded on my 1st playthrough and boy, there are some serious troublesome sections. The game turned from fun into a annoying little POS. I'm currently on chapter 20 at the shipyard and when I managed to get all the way down with almost no ammo left, the two heavy machine gunners show up and tell me "YOU SHALL NOT PASS".

Seriously, does NaughtyDog even play their game on grounded? I'm up for a good challenge, if it's fair. The Uncharted games aren't fair at all. Enemies all the sudden spawn behind me, enemies can spot you pretty much instantly, almost every time you get one shotted (it feels this way) and the grenades are a nightmare -> go out of cover and right into a bulletstorm. Fun is something else and I've no doubts the PS5 version wont hold back just one bit.

NaughtyDog can't create a fair game on the hardest difficulty. This game brings back the nightmares of CoD: World at War on veteran. Another BS gallore game.

Sorry, I had to vent a bit ;)

• Like 1

You should play the game in another difficulty if it's too hard to you. 

Once you do you can replay the game on crushing with cheats like infinite ammo, one shot kill and others. That makes those trophies a peace of cake. 

Edited by leandroxpto
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, bendermac said:

I started with grounded on my 1st playthrough

Did they add a new difficulty? I thought Brutal was the highest difficulty, but even then you're only required to play on Crushing difficulty for trophies.

• Like 2

Like I said guys, I'm all in for a challenge of a hard game. But when the challenge just turns into unfair situations, then the fun dies. 

On it own I didn't find grounded super hard. It surely isn't a breeze either. Though the situations where you want to send your controller flying are way too often in the Uncharted series. Even The Last of Us 2 (I haven't played grounded in part 1 yet) is much more enjoyable than Uncharted 4. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bendermac said:

FUCK RAFE!!!!!!!!!

I officially hate this game now. There is no excuse to create a cheating bastard like him. He killed me numerous times when the swords are pinned downed and all of the sudden I'm dead.

Fuck NaughtyDog ... I'm done with them 

1f621.png

Take a break. Try again tomorrow. You’ve completed 99.5% of the game if you are at the sword fight, so you are just minutes away from completing it. 
Practice makes perfect. My suggestion is to watch Rafe’s hand. That’s the giveaway for him whether he is going with a straight attack or a backhand. There are numerous save points during the sword fight so you don’t have to be perfect in one go. Keep trying to get to the next cutscene, and that means you have advanced. It’s hard, but can be done!