Slightly annoying chest glitch(?)

starcrunch061

14 hours ago, SilkyJay86 said:

As much as my morals say to not 'skip' the no shell run... Is there a way to just fight the final boss w/ a strategic save and knock out the no shell run or am I missing something?  Regardless, looks crazy, and fun.  Good job you big balled sons of guns.

Impossible. You have to start a new file, and never get a shell, ever. That means you have to beat all of the bosses in a single game.

With that being said, the bosses aren't really that hard (except for the last one, which is all kinds of annoying). However, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to go through the Seat of Infinity dungeon, with snipers gunning at you, when a single hit ends your run. I beat the boss of that dungeon last night, and just had to quit because I didn't have the energy to fight through the snipers again.

But ultimately, it'll get done.

On 14/12/2021 at 11:49 PM, starcrunch061 said:

So, doing a no shell run, and I went to open a chest. An enemy sniped me as the chest opened. I died, and didn’t get the item. However, the chest stayed open, so I can never get it (it was a quenching acid in the Seat of Infinity).

So, heads up when you do this.

If on PS4, you could use the dupe glitch to get that back, then revert after it resume where you were, but with the duped item!

14 hours ago, SilkyJay86 said:

As much as my morals say to not 'skip' the no shell run... Is there a way to just fight the final boss w/ a strategic save and knock out the no shell run or am I missing something?  Regardless, looks crazy, and fun.  Good job you big balled sons of guns.

8 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Impossible. You have to start a new file, and never get a shell, ever. That means you have to beat all of the bosses in a single game.

With that being said, the bosses aren't really that hard (except for the last one, which is all kinds of annoying). However, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to go through the Seat of Infinity dungeon, with snipers gunning at you, when a single hit ends your run. I beat the boss of that dungeon last night, and just had to quit because I didn't have the energy to fight through the snipers again.

But ultimately, it'll get done.

It's not impossible, not on PS4 anyway, there is a Dupe and No Shell exploit where you can do exactly that! Finish the game with a shell, then do the exploit and beat just the last boss with No Shell for the trophy.

With the Dupe exploit, you can also at the same time dupe some Ornate Tokens meaning you can survive a finite amount of hits from the boss all dependant on how many u decide to dupe!!

There is a thread around here on it, thought u may have had a look around first. Though it is on the EU page, I understand the different stacks, but I wish different regions could have same forums, keeps all the info together then

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If on PS4, you could use the dupe glitch to get that back, then revert after it resume where you were, but with the duped item!

It's not impossible, not on PS4 anyway, there is a Dupe and No Shell exploit where you can do exactly that! Finish the game with a shell, then do the exploit and beat just the last boss with No Shell for the trophy.

With the Dupe exploit, you can also at the same time dupe some Ornate Tokens meaning you can survive a finite amount of hits from the boss all dependant on how many u decide to dupe!!

There is a thread around here on it, thought u may have had a look around first. Though it is on the EU page, I understand the different stacks, but I wish different regions could have same forums, keeps all the info together then

Well…shit. That might have saved some sanity. Eh, it’s not terrible, though, and really, you only need 5 acids, anyway, but thanks for the info…if I ever stack this…which I won’t…because it’s kind of lame.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, Optinooby said:

I just saw your video, i beat the game, and chose NOT to ascend.  So i'll try the exploit.  

Im definitely going to try this, since im literally at the point you are in your video.   I hope beating him once doesn't affect it, but regardless you've been a great help!  I'll report what happens.  Its a good game, im just not sure about a whole no shell run rolling by enemies is what i want to endure then have to defeat some bosses that I took quite a a few hits too.   I do not want to fight the the ice skater in this mode...

This will make my ng+  lore and other tophies more enjoyable bc i didnt use a gnuide and missed plenty..   Love hc runs but this game is missing a tiny factor i cant put my finger on to justify trying to beat in 1 hit mode.  I've beat akumu mode, ds2 hc legit, ds3 legit (no usb) to mp3 hc so its not that i can't, just that the juice, for me isnt worth the squeeze.  They make a bigger 2nd installment that's encompasses a lil than a 'demo' I'd love the challenge.      Games just amazing enough to play and see through personally, but just not enough in my opinion to justify running to the bosses and avoiding most the game for this mode you really cant upgrade anything but your 1 weapon you choose..  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have put finishing this on hold. I have a backlog worthy of putting time into that I want to enjoy. Not a fan of no hit no shell mode.. there is literally no enjoyment to it, I am 2 down and at Crucix..for that run… and sadly the virtuous cycle is roughly the same. I hate when developers try to pass off mind numbing repetition as content.

Edited by craig_obviously

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, craig_obviously said:

I may have been a tad premature in my above statement. although I still did not greatly enjoy the base game... The Virtuous Cycle I am really enjoying and I think is a blast.. my apologies

Really?!?

Man, that might get me invested in Mortal Shell again (assuming I can get the DLC on the cheap; I didn't pick it up when it was free, unfortunately).

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Really?!?

Man, that might get me invested in Mortal Shell again (assuming I can get the DLC on the cheap; I didn't pick it up when it was free, unfortunately).

yeah....can't really put my finger on what it is.. it just feels less restrictive than the base game was... and less reliant on parrying than dodging.. I fucking hate parrying

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

finally finished the Virtuous DLC yesterday... couple things to watch out for, this was playing PS4 ver. on PS5

1. pop in can be really bad in places and it's always crossbow brigands.. who will shoot you as soon as they pop in.. which can really be annoying in obsidian no shell depending on you seed
  2.  the second crawl cave in the enshrined sanctum can have an enemy right at the entrance that WILL attack you before you regain control of your character.... avoid it
  • Like 1