PS3 error code 8002F2C5 help

kidson2004

Ok so I got another slim PS3 due to my disk drive not working on my other PS3 (if anyone can help me with that that'll be awesome!) and I swapped HDD's from one to another. I went to download the system software update to my USB (and yes, the USB drive is formatted to FAT32, and I got the PS3 folder and the UPDATE folder inside of it as well) from the playstation website, and I got a error from the download itself. I went on thinking I did something wrong so I re-downloaded it again, and got the same error. (now that I'm typing this, I think its the download from the site itself). So my question is how can I boot up this PS3 so I can download the update to the system? Do I have to swap HDD's again in order to do it? Or what can I do? If its easier to fix the disk drive on my other PS3, then I would love to have help with that as well. Thanks in advance!!

Pretty sure that HDD is paired to your other PS3. Using a new HDD (or at least one that hasn't been paired to a PS3) should solve the issue.

As for your BD drive not reading, if it's not reading anything the drive may be trash. If it's still reading DVDs, then it's just the BD laser that's kaput. Swapping out the drive is fairly easy, as long as you can find another drive to exchange it with (plus the paired board for the drive).

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

You need to format the HDD in the PS3 for it to work. 

Understandable, but how can I when it won't even install the system software update?

10 hours ago, Helyx said:

Pretty sure that HDD is paired to your other PS3. Using a new HDD (or at least one that hasn't been paired to a PS3) should solve the issue.

As for your BD drive not reading, if it's not reading anything the drive may be trash. If it's still reading DVDs, then it's just the BD laser that's kaput. Swapping out the drive is fairly easy, as long as you can find another drive to exchange it with (plus the paired board for the drive).

The BD drive isn't reading anything. Is that a simple fix or no?

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Fairly simple, yes.

Do you have any info as to this simple fix? If its that simple to do, then I'd rather to that. But now when I put my HDD back into my old PS3, I'm still getting that error. Could it be the download from the playstation site itself?

24 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Do you have any info as to this simple fix? If its that simple to do, then I'd rather to that. But now when I put my HDD back into my old PS3, I'm still getting that error. Could it be the download from the playstation site itself?

Replace the laser. Pretty easy to do. As for the update file, it could a be a bad download. I've got a confirmed working 4.88 update that I used for 2 ps3s if you want the onedrive link for it

41 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Do you have any info as to this simple fix?

Without knowing your specific model (yes, the model matters when ordering replacement parts), the basics are found on lots of DIY sites. I personally recommend replacing the entire drive, but if you wanna save a few bucks you can replace just the laser. Here's one guide, but you'll want to make sure you're following a guide for your specific model (though there's not much difference between Slim variants).

21 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Replace the laser. Pretty easy to do. As for the update file, it could a be a bad download. I've got a confirmed working 4.88 update that I used for 2 ps3s if you want the onedrive link for it

Yes please! I'll DM you about it

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...