Do yourselves a favor, turn off chromatic aberration

On 1/12/2022 at 0:59 AM, Jelly Soup said:

I'm a trophy or three from the end and never knew it was something that could be turned off. Or was on. Or existed. I just fiddled with it and I really don't see the difference either way. Maybe my TV is especially good/bad, it's got one of those 'automatic gamer mode' things.

In moment to moment gameplay it might not be as bad, but I remember spending half an hour extremely frustrated in photo mode because I couldn't figure out why half the screen was blurred to hell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

In moment to moment gameplay it might not be as bad, but I remember spending half an hour extremely frustrated in photo mode because I couldn't figure out why half the screen was blurred to hell.

OH, I get it now. I never use the photo options in these things, so I wouldn't see the issue without being told about it.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I have done a few pictures, I don't see Chromatic Aberration which in normal photography is characterised by a either a blue or reddish edge to areas between say a tree or building and the sky and some lenses have more or less depending on the make, it can be removed in Photoshop or Lightroom - apparently how the lens measures depth.  I was more blown away by the fur detail in Ratchet's face tbh.

Chromatic Aberration is one of those pet peeves of mine honestly, so many games are just TERRIBLE to play with it. I remember going back to Mass Effect 3 on PS3 (maybe it's in ME 1/2 as well but can't remember) and was SO ANNOYED by the incredibly noticeable Dark Blue cutting off a significant portion of each corner of the screen ?

Needless to say it's the first thing I turn off in the Settings of any and all games when I boot them up for the first time these days.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...