Changing account

ArtMontef

Hey guys, sorry if answer to my question seems obvious, but I wanted to ask people more knowledgable about this system. 

I got gifted a Vita as a gift, so I don't know much about it, I was super bummed out when I saw you can only have one account there at the time. For example, if my boyfriend wants to play on the console and use his own acount so he can get trophies, I would have to remove my account first, right? But would it be just complete wipe of the system? I am in the progress of Persona 4 plat, so I wonder if I can let him play the game and get back to my account after he is done, or I should just rush my playthrough because my savefiles would also get deleted? Does PS Plus also backup Vita saves? With how much Vita stuff goes offline I prefer to ask before I accidentaly wipe 200+ save file

• Like 1

It would be a complete wipe of the system, yes.

Unfortunately, the Vita was never really designed with multiple account's in mind, unlike the big-boy consoles.

I guess, in Sony's mind, its based around that everyone in a household plays on the same TV-enbled console, but they all have their own Vita's.

• Like 2

Unfortunately it's not possible to have multiple accounts on the same Vita. When I got mine there were a bunch of digital games on it but to use it with my own account I had to wipe all of them. That includes wiping the save files too. If you have PS+ then you can absolutely store them there of course.

Passing the Vita back and forth would grow old fast for me and would not be something I'd like to do on a daily basis. Maybe both chip in the money for a second one so you can both play on your own Vita? That would make it easier to both grab some Near trophies or knock out the online of games together.

• Like 1

Your 1 and only option, is to backup everything to your PC via the Content Manager, then wipe the memory card and add your Boyfriend's account in its place. Save files are dodgy on the Vita, because some are saved to the Game Card but others to the Vita's Memory Card so if you're not careful and ensure everything is backed up somewhere, you run the risk of losing everything when either wiping the memory card or just uninstalling the game.

To be honest, you're better off just saving up and buying a second Vita.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.