Fastest class to Rank up to 25

Lazy-Beast

SWAT is actually one of the faster classes to get to level 25 along side the Commando, Firebug, and Survivalist. This is because getting points require you just to get kills with class weapon against fairly common enemies. If you're a crack shot Sharpshooter and Gunslinger might be faster but not by any wider margin. The Berserker class is also one of the faster ones to level but is also the hardest.

The slowest classes to level are definitely the support based classes. Classes like the Medic, Support, and Demolitions are slower because in order to gain their bonus experience requires healing, wielding doors, or killing uncommon Zeds with explosives.

• 1 year later...

I played berserker, and like the OP felt like I hit a wall at Lev22.

Not sure why that was, but it was probably because i wasnt really getting the mechanics of the class properly this time round - as i left the game for a couple of years before returning to it last week.

Lev22 just seemed to take forever.

The easiest way I've found is to focus on specific class weapons and play 10 round survival solo runs on either hard or suicidal.... Start up a lobby and set it to invite only.

I focused on hack and slash and ran a HRG Teslauncher (assault rifle with microwave projectiles). 

Don't be tempted to go off piste and try weapons not in your class. Which is what I was doing till I clicked that they were doing nothin' for my xp..

Lev22, 23 and 24 stopped being a slog & became a breeze, and I'm knocking on the door of Lev25, one more game should see me level up.

You can earn between 10k & 13k a game on hard difficulty and 16k+ on suicidal. It may not be the best way but earning a chunk of xp in one hit, levelling up a rank every three games certainly inspires you to play.

I play on moonbase as the low gravity settings allow you an escape route when it starts to get hairy plus you can lay down some hard firing while in the air. The jump and fire tactic makes most of the alpha enemies real easy to kill. Using the katana and hack and slash method takes care of everybody else.

You can also jump out of the fray and heal while in the air, which is a lifesaver.

I'm far from the best at this game, I'm probably just above average on a good day, but suicidal difficulty is very doable after cutting your teeth on hard difficulty.

My advice would be to stick to class weapons; run 4 round games on hard, then scale it up once you're comfortable & go for ten rounds and see the difference the xp spike makes :)

Edited by yoda_squad
  • Like 2