Crowns and Tempered Investigations.

Hi.
I have a question about the crowns and investigations. I would like to add that I have platinum in the World and I am not afraid of farming several dozen hours of one crown, measuring legs, tails and other parts of the body, updating and downloading save data. 
I only have two crowns left and I have the impression that the time spent on them so far is greater than all the remaining crowns put together. But to the point:
I earned a lot of crowns in both World and Iceborne from tempered monsters. I don't know what the percentages are exactly, but it just worked for me. So I decided to get some Investigations with Tempered Gold Rathian. I found a quest for this and just followed the monster collecting the tracks. With a bit of luck, I managed to get even 3 Tempered Investigations in 2-3 minutes (sometimes I didn't get a single one). The quest I repeated was "Scars Tell the Whole Story" with Tempered Scarred Yian Garuga. I got a lot of new investigations this way, but none of them had a Gold Rathian. I started reading a bit more about farming investigations, etc. and came across something like "Monster Tempered Level". It turned out that Scarred Yian Garuga is level 2 and Gold Rathian is level 3. I quickly jumped on a quest with Tempered Moster Level 3, "The Last White Knight" with Frostfang Barioth. Few Investigations from him and I was surprised to see Level 3 monsters, but also Level 2. What's funny - from the Scarred Yian Garuga quest I'm pretty sure I got a few level 3 monsters, not only 2 and 1. Also - when I'm getting investigation points, I have no information about Threat Level under. I saw in a few videos and screenshots that people have shown which Threat Level they got. This is shown by the icon. Here I go with a few questions:
1)Is there ALREADY such thing as "Threat Level" in Iceborne (World)? Or any Tempered Investigations can give us any Tempered monster?
2)What will be the fastest way to get investigation with Tempered Gold Rathian?
3)What is more effective in farming crowns - "The Moon is a Harsh Queen" event with Gold Rathian or Investigations with 2 silver, 3 gold / 1 bronze, 2 silver, 2 gold boxes?
Thank You in advance for Your help.

Edited by Zygo89pl
  • Like 1

1.)  Threat levels only pertain to tempered monsters (purple monsters).  Level 1 is for something like the Beotodus.  Level 2 is for monsters like regular Rathalos.  Level 3 is for all elder dragons, aforementioned Gold Rathian or monsters with Black Air Force Energy like the Rajang (your end game monsters basically).  Tempered investigations are random.

2.)  It's random on the type of investigation you'll get.  The only guarantee is the rank of new investigations will be the same as the one you're currently playing.  So, if you're playing an MR6 investigation, you're guaranteed another MR6 investigation, but not necessarily the monster you want.  I have a few Tempered gold rathian investigations if you want to play.

3.) Neither.  Investigations with at least one silver AND one gold,  Four gold and three purple rewards increase your chances for the crown.

As mentioned, I'm willing to play.  I'm going to get back into Monster Hunter soon.  Just send me a PM.

• Like 1

1)So I can go back to farming Investigations from "Scars Tell the Whole Story" with Tempered Scarred Yian Garuga MR6 * and it's possible that I will get a Tempered Gold Rathian? It will not be blocked, for example, by the fact that it is Ancient Forest map?
2)

"Investigations with at least one silver AND one gold"

I've always understood that there must be at least 1 silver and 1 gold, but the rest is an addition. My investigation is 3 silver and 2 gold, it has at least 1 silver and 1 gold, so the chance of a crown is increasing or not? Does it have to be specifically 2 box only investigation with specifically 1 silver and 1 gold? No more boxes. 

Edited by Zygo89pl

Crown chances for investigations are based on reward box:

1 Silver and 1 Gold - 6% (small) 3% (giant)

3 Gold and 1 Bronze - 6% (small) 3% (giant)

4 or more Gold - 6% (small)  6% (giant)

3 Purple (Tempered Investigations) - 6% (small)  3% (giant)

4 or more Purple (Tempered Investigations) - 6% (small)  6% (giant)

Pick the investigation that best suits your target size. For certain rare monsters like the Gold Rathian, it can be difficult to aquire suitable investigations. In this situation the arena quest is the best option. Whilst the crown chance is lower, Arena loads quickly even better if you have a solid state drive.

Like others mentioned if you post the crowns you need we can point you in the right direction.

Edited by Muff_Scuffle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

As mentioned, I'm willing to play.  I'm going to get back into Monster Hunter soon.  Just send me a PM.

I'll add you if you're keen to play? I have 11 crowns to go myself.

6 minutes ago, Muff_Scuffle said:

Crown chances for investigations are based on reward box:

1 Silver and 1 Gold - 6% (small) 3% (giant)

3 Gold and 1 Bronze - 6% (small) 3% (giant)

4 or more Gold - 6% (small)  6% (giant)

3 Purple (Tempered Investigations) - 6% (small)  3% (giant)

4 or more Purple (Tempered Investigations) - 6% (small)  6% (giant)

Pick the investigation that best suits your target size. For certain rare monsters like the Gold Rathian, it can be difficult to aquire suitable investigations. In this situation the arena quest is the best option. Whilst the crown chance is lower, Arena loads quickly even better if you have a solid state drive.

Like others mentioned if you post the crowns you need we can point you in the right direction.

Was literally typing a reply like this and you beat me to it! Nice work! These numbers are accurate and exactly what I've been using as a guide for my crown hunting. I've managed to find a fair few 3 purple and some 4 purple but 5 purple investigations are so incredibly rare. Especially for a decent monster. I farmed most of mine from the Guiding Lands.

@Zygo89pl don't bother with the 2 purple investigations as they won't have increased chances unfortunately. You may as well be doing the arena quest in that case. What's the other crown you need?

Thank You for all Your help.
Still, however, I didn't get an answer to one of my questions. 
By following the Tempered Scarred Yian Garuga from "Scars Tell the Whole Story" MR6* quest, sometimes I get up to 3 Tempered Investigations in one minute. Of course, there are 2 boxes quests, but I have a lot of quests with 5 purple boxes, also multiple monsters. 
The question is - is that possible to get Tempered Gold Rathian from "Scars Tell the Whole Story" MR6 *? It's just very rare, difficult, but it's possible OR it's permanently blocked for getting Tempered Gold Rathian, by this whole Threat Level of Monster that I mentioned earlier.
PS Are there any special requirements to unlock Gold Rathian in the arena? I caught that monster on an event quest, also capture on an investigation quest, and still no quest in the arena.

Edited by Zygo89pl

• 3 months later...

Super late answer, but in case anybody else is wondering

On 3/7/2022 at 1:54 AM, Zygo89pl said:

The question is - is that possible to get Tempered Gold Rathian from "Scars Tell the Whole Story" MR6 *? It's just very rare, difficult, but it's possible OR it's permanently blocked for getting Tempered Gold Rathian, by this whole Threat Level of Monster that I mentioned earlier.

No, you cannot get Gold Rathian quests by gathering Tempered Yian Garuga (Scarred) tracks. YG is a threat lvl 2 monster, you can only get threat lvl 2 investigations. The best way I found to get Gold Ian investigations was by gathering tracks from threat lvl 3 monsters (non tempered) at Elder's Recess. Those being Stygian Zinogre and Rajang! If you wish to get Tempered Gold Rathian investigations instead, just do the same but with a tempered Stygian Zin/Rajang.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:54 AM, Zygo89pl said:

PS Are there any special requirements to unlock Gold Rathian in the arena? I caught that monster on an event quest, also capture on an investigation quest, and still no quest in the arena.

I have no clue if this is the right answer but, I only got the Special Arena Gold Rathian (and Silver Los) quest when I unlocked the quest where you have to fight them both at Elder's Recess, which was unlocked after I had fought Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian in separated quests (the event ones). From there I just used the method above (with a Stygian Zinogre investigation) and got enough investigations to crown snipe.

One last thing, in order to get Scarred Yian Garuga investigations you need to complete "Return of the Crazy One". You need to level up your Forest Area at The Guiding Lands to level 3 for this quest to pop up.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I didn’t do any tempered investigations to get my Scarred Yian Garuga crowns. I just got the forest area of the Guiding Lands up to level 6, bought 15 lures and about 30 banish balls. 

Then it was a case of luring it, measure it, banish it/fight it and repeat. If I ran out of lures I’d download my save from the cloud giving me 15 more lures and 30 more banish balls. 

Didn’t take long at all to get them. 

Doing the same method with Gold Rathian but in the Wildspire area. Just one more crown left and then I’m done with crown hunting :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06-04-2023 at 3:58 AM, crouchingotter said:

I didn’t do any tempered investigations to get my Scarred Yian Garuga crowns. I just got the forest area of the Guiding Lands up to level 6, bought 15 lures and about 30 banish balls. 

Then it was a case of luring it, measure it, banish it/fight it and repeat. If I ran out of lures I’d download my save from the cloud giving me 15 more lures and 30 more banish balls. 

Didn’t take long at all to get them. 

Doing the same method with Gold Rathian but in the Wildspire area. Just one more crown left and then I’m done with crown hunting :)

Great idea, i thought it would not work since i cant save scum decos anymore