Hot Swap: Carnage Armor location

Tosnightmare

You have the platinum so you got by on this but I'll respond for anyone else who responds. Skills on armour are random however from what I saw of the highest class of armour (EX) Hot Swap: Carnage either doesn't appear on it or does so at a very low %. SSR armour seems to have a much higher rate to contain the skill. 

My advice to anyone thinking of getting into the game would be to make sure you note the skills on your chestplates throughout the game and lock (so you don't dismantle it) one with this skill when you get it so you don't have to try and get it later as a random drop. Doesn't matter if it is a low level one as the related stats for chestplates don't matter for the purposes of grinding out spirit points.

If you're at the endgame and simply can't get it to drop or simply don't want to grind for it, then you can still get quick points without it. It'll just be slower as you'll have to do fights in two turns. On the first turn use party resonance to link up Lust with the wrath fiend that has Hot Swap: Carnage so Lust gains access to it. Get all the buffs in on turn 1 and then actually do the attack on turn 2 after using the move from the main character to protect him from the attack. Alternatively you can attack on turn 1 using the weaker attack that hits the field and then use the stronger one on turn 2.

On the proper grinding levels this will do the job. You might run into issues on the fights before the boss fights because any enemy that uses the "Transfer Pain" move on their turn will be safe from attacks that hit the entire field. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

You have the platinum so you got by on this but I'll respond for anyone else who responds. Skills on armour are random however from what I saw of the highest class of armour (EX) Hot Swap: Carnage either doesn't appear on it or does so at a very low %. SSR armour seems to have a much higher rate to contain the skill. 

My advice to anyone thinking of getting into the game would be to make sure you note the skills on your chestplates throughout the game and lock (so you don't dismantle it) one with this skill when you get it so you don't have to try and get it later as a random drop. Doesn't matter if it is a low level one as the related stats for chestplates don't matter for the purposes of grinding out spirit points.

If you're at the endgame and simply can't get it to drop or simply don't want to grind for it, then you can still get quick points without it. It'll just be slower as you'll have to do fights in two turns. On the first turn use party resonance to link up Lust with the wrath fiend that has Hot Swap: Carnage so Lust gains access to it. Get all the buffs in on turn 1 and then actually do the attack on turn 2 after using the move from the main character to protect him from the attack. Alternatively you can attack on turn 1 using the weaker attack that hits the field and then use the stronger one on turn 2.

On the proper grinding levels this will do the job. You might run into issues on the fights before the boss fights because any enemy that uses the "Transfer Pain" move on their turn will be safe from attacks that hit the entire field. 

I'll note, in all my time grinding so far, I only got carnage to drop once. I believe on Fertile Ground VII or VIII. It was on an SSR item.

I'll say though, I don't think it's actually necessary. I find attempting to go for the 1 turn wipe is inconsistent (on VIII) and if you use the hot swap carnage method and it doesn't wipe the map then Lust goes mad and it will take far longer if you attempt to clean the last guy or two up with the protag. You can follow the same steps and substitute the carnage part with a crit buff (or nothing really) and finish in 2-3 turns. You get a bit less spirit but it basically doesn't add more than half a minute of time on the 2nd or 3rd turn. Seems like avoiding potential wasted time from missing 1 turn clears is more efficient.

Unless I'm doing something wrong? Because my Lust is 99 with the best vessels I have and following the trophy guide method only results in like a 50% success rate (in my admittedly relatively small sample size).

4 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I'll note, in all my time grinding so far, I only got carnage to drop once. I believe on Fertile Ground VII or VIII. It was on an SSR item.

I'll say though, I don't think it's actually necessary. I find attempting to go for the 1 turn wipe is inconsistent (on VIII) and if you use the hot swap carnage method and it doesn't wipe the map then Lust goes mad and it will take far longer if you attempt to clean the last guy or two up with the protag. You can follow the same steps and substitute the carnage part with a crit buff (or nothing really) and finish in 2-3 turns. You get a bit less spirit but it basically doesn't add more than half a minute of time on the 2nd or 3rd turn. Seems like avoiding potential wasted time from missing 1 turn clears is more efficient.

Unless I'm doing something wrong? Because my Lust is 99 with the best vessels I have and following the trophy guide method only results in like a 50% success rate (in my admittedly relatively small sample size).

Thank you for sharing your experience. EX gear has a bunch of skills unique to it so I imagine lower rarities are the same so Hot Swap: Carnage may well only show up on SSR gear, and only chest plates from what I've seen (thankfully). Don't recall seeing it on other rarities in my playthrough.

With a maxed out Lust + a good EX PSY helmet + PSY buffs from Alter egos (every little helps) should result in you being able to 1 turn consistently on VIII. I imagine your helmet was simply not good enough to ensure good odds. I'd not skip using Carnage though. Just use the fire attack rather than the Ice one as it'll leave you at 98% madness so you'll be able to do another field attack the turn after.

• Like 1

I'll just say that it's not worth trying to specifically hunt this item down and don't ever rely on getting it. If you manage to get it, great, but I never managed to get this item to drop across 2 full playthroughs. I stuck with fertile VI for late game grinding and it was always a consistent one-turn clear that can be done in under 90 seconds. If you can't clear VIII before the enemy gets to act, I'd stick with VI until you get strong enough to one-turn VIII (if you ever get to that point). Even if it's about 50% less exp than VIII, having the enemy take a turn at all is really costly and can add up fast.

with my experience over the like 6 playthroughs I did I managed to get it drop on each one atleast once (but probably just cos I'm lucky) and using it for the method I found I had it work consistently alot it was like a 80/20 for me but them again it's all down to luck and I just got as much points into psy on lust as I possibly could

Edited by LuckySIime

4 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. EX gear has a bunch of skills unique to it so I imagine lower rarities are the same so Hot Swap: Carnage may well only show up on SSR gear, and only chest plates from what I've seen (thankfully). Don't recall seeing it on other rarities in my playthrough.

With a maxed out Lust + a good EX PSY helmet + PSY buffs from Alter egos (every little helps) should result in you being able to 1 turn consistently on VIII. I imagine your helmet was simply not good enough to ensure good odds. I'd not skip using Carnage though. Just use the fire attack rather than the Ice one as it'll leave you at 98% madness so you'll be able to do another field attack the turn after.

Yup, this is the way. The fire one can one shot but if it fails you can still clear in two. Thank you!

• 4 months later...