Random Trophies Not Unlocking

TallManJakiens

Hello all. I am having trouble with random trophies not unlocking for random games. And, it seems for a couple games my ps4 is struggling to even download the trophy data. 

In the game "Stilstand" the first trophy didn't unlock as well as a story related trophy way later in the game. 

For the game "Castle of Pixel Skulls" the trophy for completing level 10 did not unlock. 

For a couple of games the trophy data wouldn't even download, "Stilstand" was one of them which may be why I didn't unlock the first trophy. I'm not sure.

I found a fix by deleting the application, deleting the save data, restarting my ps4, and replaying the game. But is there a way to avoid this all together, or is there a reason why this is happening?

I can provide more detailed explanations if needed, you can see the timestamps on my trophy lists for proof. Thank you, please help if possible. 

11 minutes ago, TallManJakiens said:

I found a fix by deleting the application, deleting the save data, restarting my ps4, and replaying the game. But is there a way to avoid this all together, or is there a reason why this is happening?

Maybe a faulty hard drive? Still have the original one installed? Are you using an external?

57 minutes ago, TallManJakiens said:

No, same hard drive that I got with the system

Yes, over time and usage hard drives develop faults. Assuming you got your PS4 when your first PS4 trophies show in here, that's 7 years of fairly frequent usage. You could have 40,000 - 50,000+ hours of usage on that spinning drive and this is exactly the type of problems that may result from that much usage.

You asked for a reason that might be happening. I'm speculating and fairly confident that's what is causing the problem. 

2 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

May be a corrupt user profile. Are you getting error NP-32091-5 (or any similar errors) at all?

I did get an NP error code although I do not remember the number

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Did you try rebuilding your database? It does solve some problems. Worth a shot. 

I will try, thank you

9 hours ago, TallManJakiens said:

I did get an NP error code although I do not remember the number

It does sound like it's probably a corrupted profile then, especially since you mentioned your PS4 is having issues even syncing/displaying trophy lists (assuming I understood that correctly). I've had this happen to me once before, it's unfortunately a fairly common issue.

Rebuilding your database might fix it, but what seems to fix it for most people, myself including, is deleting your profile and recreating it. This post helped me fix the issue completely with its nice, easy to understand step by step process, and it's the one I still like pointing people to when they're having the same issue as a result.

The comment mentions it but keep in mind you'll essentially be soft factory resetting your PS4. The only thing that'll remain are your installed/downloaded games (and I think downloaded themes if memory serves). You'll lose all your saves, screenshots, videos and some settings will also be reset, so make sure to back everything up onto a USB stick (or the PS+ cloud for saves if you can).

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It does sound like it's probably a corrupted profile then, especially since you mentioned your PS4 is having issues even syncing/displaying trophy lists (assuming I understood that correctly). I've had this happen to me once before, it's unfortunately a fairly common issue.

Rebuilding your database might fix it, but what seems to fix it for most people, myself including, is deleting your profile and recreating it. This post helped me fix the issue completely with its nice, easy to understand step by step process, and it's the one I still like pointing people to when they're having the same issue as a result.

The comment mentions it but keep in mind you'll essentially be soft factory resetting your PS4. The only thing that'll remain are your installed/downloaded games (and I think downloaded themes if memory serves). You'll lose all your saves, screenshots, videos and some settings will also be reset, so make sure to back everything up onto a USB stick (or the PS+ cloud for saves if you can).

Thank you I appreciate the link. I did end up at least rebuilding the data base. If it doesn't work I will follow that link and post an update. I really appreciate the help thank you. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...