Burrito's backlog fight and 90% completion journey

Burritoprime

-March-

# Offline DLC Trophies.

- Resident Evil 5

Lbe4431.png

.Despite the bad rap Resident Evil 5 gets I actually really like it, well it's a farcry from the survival horror thing  but I really like the gameplay and co op, I even got my non gamer husband to join me and it was a lot of fun, regarding the DLCs I always thought they were mediocre, not bad bad but extremely lacking and really short, my favorite being Lost in Nightmare, Desperate Escape felt off to me for some reason, just run face wave upon wave of enemies than run some more...then again the main game kinda felt like that so maybe I'm tripping, trophy wise the offline DLCs are pretty simple and short, specially Lost in Nightmares since it has fewer enemies and you can just bumrush everything, Desperate Escape only gave me trouble with Run the Gauntlet, Professional difficultly and bazillion enemies is a combination that will never work, but I managed to rush every area and the last zone in which you have to wait 7 or so minutes I just ran in circles and prayed to Jesus so my AI companion wouldn't get stuck in the environment, all in all a decent run with some mildly infuriating sections but doable, the Versus thing I'm not even gonna bother with since I hate MP trophies and this one seems really grindy so it's a hard pass for me.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 3

-March- 

#  Platinum 218 

-Arcade Classics

L6c985e.png

:platinum: Master of the Classics

1L2186c2.png

. Really nice collection, I didn't really play a lot of schmups back in the day but it's a genre that I always wanted to try, since these were arcade games released back in 80's they are balls hard, even on easy I had a hard time...I just really suck at this kind of game despite really enjoying them, my favorites were Thunder Cross and Typhoon, really fun and additive, this collection also includes Haunted Castle which is a Castlevania spin off, it has a great soundtrack and familiar gameplay but it's so clunky and unresponsive that just hitting a bat is a struggle, but despite that I really enjoyed it, trophy wise this collection is really easy and straight forward, just get X amount of points in a specific game and that's it, worth the few bucks I paid for, definitely recommend for retro fans since Arcade Archives does a great job with porting classics to modern hardware.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

-July-

# Platinum 220

-Tales of Arise

L692c81.png

- :platinum: Arisen

1Lea057b.png

.After taking a long break of getting platinums because of a very busy personal life I'm finally free to dedicate more time and attention to gaming and I started with this one, I'm a huge Tales of fan and this is easily in the top of my list, the upgraded engine looks great, the combat is tons of fun and very flashy, the story is engaging and there's content a galore, my playthrough to platinum took around 187 hours, it can be completed way faster but I always complete 100% in games I like, it was also the easiest Tales of platinum by a mile but at the same time it requires you to see most of what the game has to offer without too much grinding, all in all a very enjoyable, stress free platinum.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

-August-

Kinda forgot to update here with platinums 221 and 222, oops.

#Platinum 223

-Nexomon Extinction 

Lca45da.png

- :platinum: The Age of Extinction 

1L76a3d8.png

- I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would, at first I sincerely thought it was just another Pokemon from Wish, but the more I played the more I liked it and realized that despite borrowing a lot from other games in the genre it managed to feel like its own thing, about the game I thought the characters are great, especially Coco and his sass, the story is pretty decent got me hooked all the way through the DLC, as for the platinum other than the slightly obnoxious grind to catch them all and the gaming crashing a few times it was mostly painless, overall an enjoyable expeience, looking forward to the (first) and last game.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

-August-

#Platinum 224

-Wild Arms.

L4bb01d.png

- :platinum: Ultimate Wild Arms Player 

1Le829cd.png

.Wild Arms is one of my favorite franchises, despite being slightly forgotten which pains me deeply, the fact why it is so especial to me is because it was my very first PS1 one game and a gift from my late mother, so replaying it brought me feelings of nostalgia and  remembrance, as for the story it's the regular JRPG trope, unlikely people meeting, becoming dear friends and saving the world, it shows how important true friendships are and that you are not alone, even when you think no one cares, especially if you are different, gameplay wise it's the traditional turn based RPG, simple but engaging, as for the platinum it was a joy, it basically asks you to see everything the game has to offer which so happens is my favorite kind of platinum journey, all in all an incredible game that's very dear to my heart and couldn't recommend more.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

-September-

# Nioh

- ?% Completion 

Laa5e99.png

. Returned to the game years later after grabbing the season pass, I really love Nioh I got the platinum shortly after it was release so returning to it was a blast, not long ago I also platinum and 100% Nioh 2 so I had an idea of how the upgrading system and the "red" enemies mechanics work, but I gotta say they are really cheap, they one shot me at times in WotD even with me having all ethereal gear +40, in the second game I face rolled Demon difficulty with little effort with the same gear level, other than the cheapness it was a really great and rewarding 100% the DLCs were great....but the Fare for the Afterlife and Everlasting Duty missions can go to hell, never again, whoever came up with the idea for these missions should be fired.

#Platinum 225 

-Digimon World Next Order

Le9683d.png

:platinum: Digimon World Conqueror!
1L97e2b6.png

- I had the game for a very long time in my library but always put it aside, it was only after watching Digimon Last Evolution which  made me very nostalgic for the series that I decided to start it, after 160 hours I finally manage to achieve platinum, it was a very long journey filled to the brim with grind, I played the original way back in the PSone and played the shit out World 3 which was more of a tradional RPG so I kinda knew what to expect, the story is pretty simple and yet was really engaging, the game has a very steep difficulty curve and some mechanics that takes a while to understand and get used to but it becomes straight forward once you get it, the time system and specially the rebirth system where your Digimon dies was a major turn off at first for me but that also didn't matter much after knowing what to do and upgrading the town of Floatia, platinum wise the game is very, very, very grindy you have to virtually grind for everything you do, digivolving, getting resources, cards etc.. and since you don't have full control of your Digimon it gets kinda frustrating at times, I loved my time with the game but it's something I'd never do again, this was also my platinum 225 milestone so I'm pretty happy about it, one last thing my favorite item in the game was the AZ Nuts....I mean, you can't get away with that.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

-October-

# Platinum 226

- Mortal Kombat 11

L6b024a.png

:platinum: Elder God

1L80fe2a.png

- I grew up playing MK2 and UMK3 so the franchise is very nostalgic to me, MK11 allowed me to revisit many areas of klassic MK while exploring the krypt and that made the game win my heart, I truly enjoyed my time with MK11, the graphics are amazing, the background really well-done and the soundtrack is equally amazing, the kombat tho felt a bit clunky especially compared to MKX, in that one I felt like I had more freedom with combos while in MK11 they felt more standard, by that I don't mean to say it's bad it's just different, platinum wise this is the easiest Netherrealm game to platinum, the most dreaded part which is always the online portion for me was painless and stress free, there was some spicy grind towards the end but nothing too bad, all in all a very nice platinum journey.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

Decent trophy profile thus far. Good completion rate, nice mix of easy and hard games. 

As someone who played the crap out of Diablo II, that platinum is just far too much effort. Insanity for anyone serious about getting it.

Look forward to hearing future trophy progress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Decent trophy profile thus far. Good completion rate, nice mix of easy and hard games. 

As someone who played the crap out of Diablo II, that platinum is just far too much effort. Insanity for anyone serious about getting it.

Look forward to hearing future trophy progress.

I'm trying really hard to finish my backlog while completing games I Ieft half finished, but I've been really busy with work lately so things are moving slow,  Diablo 2 is a game much like Star Ocean 4 to me, I'm playing little by little always backing up my save so one day I'm might finally get them, thanks for your comment, you also have a very nice profile.

5 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I'm trying really hard to finish my backlog while completing games I Ieft half finished, but I've been really busy with work lately so things are moving slow,  Diablo 2 is a game much like Star Ocean 4 to me, I'm playing little by little always backing up my save so one day I'm might finally get them, thanks for your comment, you also have a very nice profile.

How was Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection?

17 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

How was Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection?

It's pretty simple much like MMX Collection, just have to finish the game and do some miscellaneous, I 100% most of them because I really enjoyed the games, the mid level checkpoint in the Z games make the games much less stressful, it would be a pain if they asked to get the EX skills from all bosses, some requirements for them are really obnoxious, I have to go back to MM11 and do the speedrun but I really hate this kind of trophy, the only reason I haven't platted it yet.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:47 AM, Sunnyburrito said:

It's pretty simple much like MMX Collection, just have to finish the game and do some miscellaneous, I 100% most of them because I really enjoyed the games, the mid level checkpoint in the Z games make the games much less stressful, it would be a pain if they asked to get the EX skills from all bosses, some requirements for them are really obnoxious, I have to go back to MM11 and do the speedrun but I really hate this kind of trophy, the only reason I haven't platted it yet.

That speedrun is legitimately difficult, I'm not going to lie. I have above average skills in platformers and despite putting in effort, I only managed to make the speedrun in around two to three minutes below the 60 minute time requirement.

Dr Light's Challenge is another major hurdle if you plan to go back and finish Mega Man 11. I believe the 6.00%+ platinum rarity is due to most people being Mega Man fans/veterans, otherwise it would be drastically lower.

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

That speedrun is legitimately difficult, I'm not going to lie. I have above average skills in platformers and despite putting in effort, I only managed to make the speedrun in around two to three minutes below the 60 minute time requirement.

Dr Light's Challenge is another major hurdle if you plan to go back and finish Mega Man 11. I believe the 6.00%+ platinum rarity is due to most people being Mega Man fans/veterans, otherwise it would be drastically lower.

The Dr Light Challenge doesn't scare me as much since it's more practice than anything, I've been playing Mega Man since I was a kid so I'm  pretty used to it, I like to do buster only and no damage runs on Mega Man X-X4, but speedruning is really stressful to me, at least I can fragment the run, having to do in one sitting would truly be a feat of skill.

I guess this isn't you then at 34.26% ?

https://psnprofiles.com/Sunnyburrito

I love this person's profile message

"Devoted gamer ever since I can remember",

Last time being able to remember was in 2016 then, I guess? lol

---

Yes of course I know you are "Burritoprime", just kidding.

Ok, so from experience, I pushed my profile from 78% to 90% in about 2017 or so, and I only had 700 unearned trophies, took me a while to get under 500.
Dragging up a percentage can take a while, but don't give up. Best advice I can give is don't start any new game unless short / you know for sure you will get 100% on them.
Edited by enaysoft

6 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I guess this isn't you then at 34.26% ?

https://psnprofiles.com/Sunnyburrito

I love this person's profile message

"Devoted gamer ever since I can remember",

Last time being able to remember was in 2016 then, I guess? lol

That's my older account that I had while living abroad then I transioned to the one I mainly use now, since having an US account here in Brazil was a hassle for me when buying games digitally, I just kept the forum account tied to it, still pretty much devoted or rather as devoted as rl allows.

• Like 1

Just looking at your trophy list, I bet you are a bit gutted you earned 1 or 2 trophies on some games and can't delete the list, such as on

Fallout: New Vegas, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising: Re vengeance, Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment etc. Being able to delete those would put your percentage up a ton immediately.

By the way, is Double Dragon 4 any good? I love scrolling beat-em-ups, I almost have all of them but I just see the NES Double Dragon and think, no way is this DD4.... You have platinum so, was it a good experience, no regrets? After coming off the back of SOR4 which you are still playing. Would you recommend it?

I can't say I was too much of a fan of the NES version of DD2 (which I played a lot at a friend's house) I mean I liked it, but all the while wishing I was playing the DD2 arcade.

Still, guess it probably isn't as bad as the DD3 arcade lol.

25 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Just looking at your trophy list, I bet you are a bit gutted you earned 1 or 2 trophies on some games and can't delete the list, such as on

Fallout: New Vegas, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising: Re vengeance, Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment etc. Being able to delete those would put your percentage up a ton immediately.

By the way, is Double Dragon 4 any good? I love scrolling beat-em-ups, I almost have all of them but I just see the NES Double Dragon and think, no way is this DD4.... You have platinum so, was it a good experience, no regrets? After coming off the back of SOR4 which you are still playing. Would you recommend it?

I can't say I was too much of a fan of the NES version of DD2 (which I played a lot at a friend's house) I mean I liked it, but all the while wishing I was playing the DD2 arcade.

Still, guess it probably isn't as bad as the DD3 arcade lol.

You hit nail in the head, back when I started the account I didn't care much for trophies so I just dabbed here and there, later when I started going for trophies more it was already too late, I had already started a lot of games I had no intention of playing, I even tried to get back to Neverwinter since I only had 1/100 trophies, played for a while but MMOs are really not for me so I just chalk it up as a loss and moved on, same for the others you mentioned since my PS3 died and I have no intention of getting a new one, I thought about starting a whole new account to start fresh but not only did I put a lot of time and effort into this one but I don't have the energy for that and neither time tbh, so I'll just take them as scars and hopefully get the unearned trophies down to a 1000 or so.

Yeah about DD4 I actually really liked it, I'm a huge fan of beat-em-ups so I try to like almost everything in the genre, I thought it was a solid experience, had plenty of fun with it but it can get boring going for the platinum, you have to beat the game with every character which means every enemy you face during the campaign since they all become playable, then there's the arena in which you have to beat 100 enemies in a row iirc, it's obnoxious but doable, just require patience and practice, SOR4 while being incredible I had to put the game down for now, I underestimated the platinum journey, the S rank is a test of skill and patience, so now I'm wrapping up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Digimon Hacker's Memory which are long as hell.

Oh about DD4 I'd recommend giving it a shot, it's always on sale for dirty cheap, try on a alt to see if it picks your interest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

The Dr Light Challenge doesn't scare me as much since it's more practice than anything, I've been playing Mega Man since I was a kid so I'm  pretty used to it, I like to do buster only and no damage runs on Mega Man X-X4, but speedruning is really stressful to me, at least I can fragment the run, having to do in one sitting would truly be a feat of skill.

Point taken. You should be fine with the Mega Man 11 speedrun. 

Speedrunning for fastest achievers in regards to trophies is incredibly stressful. I don’t do that anymore because I wasn’t enjoying the games.

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Point taken. You should be fine with the Mega Man 11 speedrun. 

Speedrunning for fastest achievers in regards to trophies is incredibly stressful. I don’t do that anymore because I wasn’t enjoying the games.

Yeah me neither, two comes to mind, in Shantae Risky's Revenge you have to 100% the game in under 4 hours I think and in  Shadow Complex is almost the same, you  have to get maximum percentage in under 3 hours, there's almost no room for error, it was really, really stressful, never again.

• 3 weeks later...

-November-

#Platinum 227 

- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

L2ea488.png

:platinum: Julius Caesar 

1Ld35cd9.png

- I played this one a long time ago and had very fond memories of it..but I was remembering throught rose-tinted glasses, while I still like Aveline and specially the setting which many games shy away from the rest felt mediocre, the story is very shallow, the general idea was good but the pacing is so weird and disjointed that at times I was just " Okay so I guess we are retrieving this item which was never mentioned but we already know the name" , the gameplay was a hurdle, while in New Orleans is mostly fine in the Bayou shit hits the fan, it's so very janky and clumsy, the game also has a few bugs here and there but it only crashed once and given the game poor optimization that's a blessing, and to top the turd I played the game with my OG PS4 controler, in this game much like AC3 and Rogue your character runs or jog depending on how hard you press the R2 and since my controller is old despite working perfectly fine with every other game in these it's not enough, so Aveline just jogged through the whole game, making some missions objectives a royal pain, but platinum wise the game is very simple, short and straight-forward, despise the roller coaster of emotions and hurdles I had fun with the game, revisiting the old AC formula was fun but not a game I would want to visit again

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

-November-

#Platinum 228 

-Digimon Cybersleuth Hacker's Memory

Lcd5ddf.png

:platinum: Perfect Hacker

1Ld2de0d.png

- Well I'll just start by saying that I'm a huge fan of the anime/manga, so just seeing my favorite Digimon fight by my side is enough to make me happy, with that said, I love this game, the story is pretty decent it got me hooked from beginning to end, the characters are all very charismatic and likable so it's easy to care and root for them, a minor complaint I have is that the game has so much needless dialogue, the conversations go in circles for way too long at times, other than that it was a joy to go through it, the gameplay is your basic JRPG turn based game, and that works more than fine to me, the Digimon animations and signature moves are pretty cool and loyal to their anime counterpart, the game leans a bit on the easy side but you can always raise the difficulty so there's no harm done, I'd also like to mention the soundtrack that is soooooo good, I love it so much, it kinda gave me Persona 3 vibes at times, platinum wise is your basic Digimon RPG thing, collect stuff, get most Digimon, and grind a bit, the grind at the end was kinda spicy but no too bad, the game asks you to collect medal and most medals you get are from gatcha machines which are pure RNG, some were easy others obnoxious, the game had a somewhat lazy translation, some medals got named wrong making me farm medals I already had for a while without realizing since the guide didn't mention anything, so I had to cross check with the wiki on Grindosaur to make sure, which is by the way amazing, they did an incredible guide with a plethora of really useful information and corrections, so huge thanks and major kudos to them, but the grind wasn't nearly as bad as in Next Order, that game is in on another level of grind, my final time was 180 hours at the end, far more than what most guide suggests, but all in all a very good game with  very few hiccups and a somewhat long platinum journey, but I couldn't recommend more, specially if you are a fan of the frachise.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:48 AM, Sunnyburrito said:

-November-

#Platinum 227 :platinum:

- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

1Ld35cd9.png

* I played this one a long time ago and had very fond memories of it..but I was remembering throught rose-tinted glasses, while I still like Aveline and specially the setting which many games shy away from the rest felt mediocre, the story is very shallow, the general idea was good but the pacing is so weird and disjointed that at times I was just " Okay so I guess we are retrieving this item which was never mentioned but we already know the name" , the gameplay was a hurdle, while in New Orleans is mostly fine in the Bayou shit hits the fan, it's so very janky and clumsy, the game also has a few bugs here and there but it only crashed once and given the game poor optimization that's a blessing, and to top the turd I played the game with my OG PS4 controler, in this game much like AC3 and Rogue your character runs or jog depending on how hard you press the R2 and since my controller is old despite working perfectly fine with every other game in these it's not enough, so Aveline just jogged through the whole game, making some missions objectives a royal pain, but platinum wise the game is very simple, short and straight-forward, despise the roller coaster of emotions and hurdles I had fun with the game, revisiting the old AC formula was fun but not a game I would want to visit again

Heh, I just did this game and I have the same feelings. Aveline's mentor was a coward and a bitch who never forgave her. When he made his exit I said 'good riddance'.

You ever glitch at the Bayou? The game really takes a crap here. I got stuck in places, although I don't know if the PS4 version changed anything because I was swimming through thin air on the PS3 version. Collectibles were trash as well. The lady outfit was a complete waste of time, reloading her stupid umbrella weapon was horrendously slow and she still aggroed the guards even though Ubisoft said to us it would be hard to do so.

The Central America location was the real highlight of the game, the only time I actually had fun as you parkour and navigate through caves including underwater caves only to come up to ancient structures built by 'The Ones Who Came Before'. The same civilization that talked with Ezio and Desmond Miles in the mainline AC games.

When I brought the artifacts over Aveline's mentor said "Keep them away from my sight and bury them under an alligator nest. I never want to hear about them again!" I swear every Ubisoft game has some stupid character that ends up getting killed early or becomes a nuisance that you just love to hate.

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Heh, I just did this game and I have the same feelings. Aveline's mentor was a coward and a bitch who never forgave her. When he made his exit I said 'good riddance'.

You ever glitch at the Bayou? The game really takes a crap here. I got stuck in places, although I don't know if the PS4 version changed anything because I was swimming through thin air on the PS3 version. Collectibles were trash as well. The lady outfit was a complete waste of time, reloading her stupid umbrella weapon was horrendously slow and she still aggroed the guards even though Ubisoft said to us it would be hard to do so.

The Central America location was the real highlight of the game, the only time I actually had fun as you parkour and navigate through caves including underwater caves only to come up to ancient structures built by 'The Ones Who Came Before'. The same civilization that talked with Ezio and Desmond Miles in the mainline AC games.

When I brought the artifacts over Aveline's mentor said "Keep them away from my sight and bury them under an alligator nest. I never want to hear about them again!" I swear every Ubisoft game has some stupid character that ends up getting killed early or becomes a nuisance that you just love to hate.

Hey, yeah Aveline's mentor added almost nothing to the story, he was very one dimensional while the game try to set him up to be important and wise at the beginning, also when Aveline finally finds her mother was so underwhelming and awkward, I expected it to be very heart warming giving how much Aveline wants to find her but they are like "Hi there, don't touch the artifact, bye", I was like wut?LMAO , about the bugs the Bayou was the worst and where the game crashed, moving around the place was fucking horrible, the parkour mostly didn't work and Aveline would constantly have to go around trees and other stuff that in a AC game one would assume you could go over them, suffice to say it was terrible, janky and awkward to move around, I'm yet to play AC3 and I'm already dreading it, since it's in the same collection I honestly don't expect it to be any more polished.