Burrito's backlog fight and 90% completion journey

Burritoprime

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great, inspirational thread. I was at 56% 2 years ago and got up to 72% mostly platting backlog games, I would love to also hit 90% in the future. Grats on all the progress so far! Also Wild Arms 2 and Ys IX are excellent games and it warms my heart seeing that you platted them. 

Edited by JilllSandwich
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JilllSandwich said:

This is a great, inspirational thread. I was at 56% 2 years ago and got up to 72% mostly platting backlog games, I would love to also hit 90% in the future. Grats on all the progress so far! Also Wild Arms 2 and Ys IX are excellent games and it warms my heart seeing that you platted them. 

Thanks, tbh what bothers me really is not the percentage per se but the amount of unfinished games I left halfway through, I deal with anxiety and sometimes I start games left and right without thinking too much or committing fully, and that only annoys me even further so I decided to focus on the percentage here and this thread because I thought it would be a nice way for me to displine myself and a way to organize better what I'm doing, going on a nice streak as of now so I'm happy, thanks for dropping a comment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Thanks, tbh what bothers me really is not the percentage per se but the amount of unfinished games I left halfway through, I deal with anxiety and sometimes I start games left and right without thinking too much or committing fully, and that only annoys me even further so I decided to focus on the percentage here and this thread because I thought it would be a nice way for me to displine myself and a way to organize better what I'm doing, going on a nice streak as of now so I'm happy, thanks for dropping a comment.

No problem! For me I enjoy completing games and getting the most bang for my buck so to speak. I've also switched games before and looking back at my uncompleted games, I realize that raising completion is also about choosing which games to let go of and which ones to commit to. So many games I have left unfinished because I simply didn't like the game enough (looking at you Dragon Fin Soup) or thought the plat wasn't very fun experience, so I will likely not finish those on my road to 90%, but I also have plenty that I started a while back that I still have full interest in completing to the end. Now days I only start games I know I will enjoy enough to complete, and I also try to focus on just 1-3 games at a time to not get too overwhelmed. Also I do find that trophy hunting and completing games is very therapeutic and I believe it can be good for mental health. Kudos and good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

Years ago, I started the exact same journey that you are currently on...I can't exactly remember what my completion %age was but it was well under 90%. A fellow gamer told me a great piece of advice and that really helped me. They told me that if you can't finish a game...at least get it to 70% before putting it away. So I went back and tried to do just that...and even ended up finishing a number of games that I had given up on. Now I didn't finish every game or even get them all to 70% but I did enough of my unfinished backlog that my completion %age started to really climb. And I eventually got over that 90% hump.

Nice work thus far...keep it going. You can do it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

Years ago, I started the exact same journey that you are currently on...I can't exactly remember what my completion %age was but it was well under 90%. A fellow gamer told me a great piece of advice and that really helped me. They told me that if you can't finish a game...at least get it to 70% before putting it away. So I went back and tried to do just that...and even ended up finishing a number of games that I had given up on. Now I didn't finish every game or even get them all to 70% but I did enough of my unfinished backlog that my completion %age started to really climb. And I eventually got over that 90% hump.

Nice work thus far...keep it going. You can do it...

Thanks for the words mate, I'm trying my best to make the journey fun too otherwise it becomes a  job and I already have enough stress with that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Nice thread :) I hope you're enjoying the journey. It's always been fun for me cleaning up old games.

Thanks mate, I was having a hard time focusing mostly because of the backlog and it was felling like a losing battle since I don't have nearly enough time to finish everything I buy, pair that with being a compulsive buyer and it's a recipe for disaster, but lately I decided to stop buying games until I finish 80% of what I have and that is working better than I expected, it's hard but I'm sticking to it and playing one at a time, really want to clean up all those games I bought in 2016 lol

Thanks for commenting. ?

Also very nice profile you have there dude, amazing stuff ??

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Thanks mate, I was having a hard time focusing mostly because of the backlog and it was felling like a losing battle since I don't have nearly enough time to finish everything I buy, pair that with being a compulsive buyer and it's a recipe for disaster, but lately I decided to stop buying games until I finish 80% of what I have and that is working better than I expected, it's hard but I'm sticking to it and playing one at a time, really want to clean up all those games I bought in 2016 lol

Thanks for commenting. 1f601.png

Also very nice profile you have there dude, amazing stuff 1f44f.png1f44f.png

I'm a compulsive finish the game before moving on or buying another so I don't have a backlog, but I have plenty of DLCs to do still. It's a great feeling seeing a game on your list finally getting that S next to it and raising your completion. I enjoy reading about dedicated people good luck and I hope you continue to enjoy this aspect of trophy hunting and thanks for checking out my profile and the compliment I appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 6:42 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Speedrunning for fastest achievers in regards to trophies is incredibly stressful. I don’t do that anymore because I wasn’t enjoying the games.

I can totally agree with you on that. That's why I never attempted to do speedruns. The only times I did speedruns was on the Shantae games because you have to get a 100% speedrun for trophies. It's only because I enjoyed the games that I even bothered to play them. Seven Sirens is not too difficult to speed through(especially in the new Beginner mode they implemented on their Superstar DLC modes) and Half-Genie Hero has an exploit that lets you pause the timer to earn max gems so you can buy out the entire store and get fully upgraded, making it easier to breeze through the levels. ;)

If it wasn't for the damageless boss runs, I'd even do Shantae and the Pirate's Curse as the music and movement were cool.

• 4 weeks later...

-June- 

- Platinum 249

- Edna and Harvey the Breakout

L7546b5.png

- Platinum :platinum:

1Le965fb.png

- Really fun point and click from the dudes at Daedelic, witty rumor with some slightly obnoxious puzzle solving, loved my time with the game, huge shoutout to themindisacity who creates amazing guides for every point and click in existence ?1f44f-1f3fb.png

- Platinum 250

- One Piece World Seeker

L47c99b.png

- I'm going to be the Pirate King! :platinum:

1L7ca1af.png

- Really enjoyed this one, simple and straight forward with really pretty visuals and a nice story written by the man himself, the combat is a bit janky specially at first but it gets better the more you progress through the story, had some real fun and now it's time for the DLCs, it's also my 250th Platinum, pretty nice.

To be honest just spending time with the Straw Hats is enough to make me happy.

Choppa!

luffy-chopper.gif

Edited by Sunnyburrito

• 1 month later...

- July -

- Platinum 251

- Final Fantasy IV

L7ac8c5.png

- Master of IV :platinum:

1Lb31f38.png

- My absolute favorite Final Fantasy, I love the story, the characters, the setting everything.

Thought the Pink Tail was gonna give me a hard time but I got it pretty fast, 2 in fact, I think the drops were reworked in this version, had a blast playing it again.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

- Platinum 252

- Elden Ring

Lf02942.png

- Elden Ring :platinum:

1Ld29ff2.png

- I'm a huge Soulsborne fan so I knew I'd love Elden Ring but I didn't think I'd like it this much, my final time with the game was around 200h and I enjoyed every single minute, from the setting, the cryptic story and the cryptic characters everything, playing as a Mage felt so good the spells look so amazing, deleting bosses with a Kamehameha was so much fun, my favorite part were the bosses specially Malenia, sure she can be cheap but it was really awesome, when she went full Final Fantasy form I lost it ( literally lmao)
I'm more than  ready for the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC and I'll 100% play it again with a different class on PS5, easily one of the best games I played this year.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

Amazing videogame, its just outstanding in how many ways you can play with a class in this game, the common complain is how repetitive it can be towards the end, but its not that bad when you explore and search the world for the upgrades and extra stuff.

Amazing journey so far and keep up, burritos and chipotles FTW

• Like 1

@Don_Chipotle Thanks mate, Elden Ring is incredible, I love the diversity of classes, builds etc, when I play it again on PS5 I think I'll play as a Faith build to cook some bosses with lightning lol

Thanks for checking the thread, Burritos and Chipotle FTW 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

-August-

- Platinum 253

- Assassin's Creed Valhalla

L8c6397.png

- Viking Legend :platinum:

1L85651f.png

- Sure took a loooooong time, but finally got it, gonna finish the DLCs soon.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

- September-

- Platinum 255

Clockwork Aquario 

L551fa5.png

- Dr. Hangyo's Nightmare :platinum:

1L42fcf8.png

- A really colorful and fun platformer originally set to release for Genesis way back when but was shelfed when almost done, now 30 years later ININ released it for modern consoles, this game is a gem from the 90's, the characters are well animated and the levels so colorful and the soundtrack is amazing, very reminiscent of the games made by Treasure, I had a lot of fun with this, sadly it's really short, the game only has 5 levels and can be completed in around 20 minutes, other than that I have nothing to complain, really recommend for platformer fans.

Edited 23 hours ago by Sunnyburrito

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

- Platinum 256

- Secret of Mana

Lb398a5.png

- Earn all Trophies :platinum:

1Leccc5d.png

- I've played the original many times over so I knew what I was getting into, I love the Mana franchise and this game is very dear to me, this remake is more on the humble side but I think they did a good job into translating the charm from the 2D era into 3D, I played the game fully patched so I didn't run into any bugs or crashes in fact the game ran like a dream, one minor thing, the remixed soundtrack  didn't really click with me, in some tracks I couldn't even sense the original track in the mix so I just played the game with its original OST, platinum wise it's pretty straightforward but the grind for the rare weapons and weapon orbs can get pretty obnoxious, some took me a few hours to get, but I had so much fun with the game that was all worth it, one of my favorite games from the SNES era.

• Like 1