Conquest 16v16 or 12v12

wallewalllllllll

Now I started playing BF4 on the PS3. Except for the huge amount of glitches, it was still a lot of fun. The maps were great for 12v12. Now I bought a ps4, and obviously upgradedmy BF4 aswell. I got a bit disappointed when I saw there were no 32v32 or 12v12 maps for conquest. "Oh well, atleast 32v32 seems fun" I thought... BUT hell no! My internet can't take it, and it's proper normal internet too. 10 mgb/s. It ain't no super speed for sure, but it's quite average. My PS4 can't take it, it's framrate drops all over the place, the games are EXTREMELY unorganized... There's an huge amount of bullshit vehicles, where half of them camp in their base... What I want to say is.. 32v32 isn't fun... There's barely any map appropiate for that huge amount of people, and douchebag DICE who already screwed up the game decides not to make smaller conquests maps available?! C'mon... Ridiculous is what it is. Just open up a few official 16v16 servers atleast. 

Edited by wallewalllllllll

I found the 64 player Conquest matches on Battlefield 4 to be extremely fun. They can be very overwhelming at first due to the sheer size of the maps as well as everything that is going on but once you figure out where the firefights are and how to play the map Conquest becomes much more fun. Of course as with all online multiplayer games, Battlefield 4 really shines with a group of guys to play with and this rings especially true with Conquest were teamwork really needs to take place in order to establish control of the map. 

Parker

I didn't make this thread so that I could rant. I have no problem figuring out how to play it.

Sure seemed like a rant to me. The vast majority of the original post was complaining about the 64 player Conquest mode and you never really explained why you think it'd be a good idea for DICE to add the other modes. 

Like FATE said though, you'd probably have more luck bringing this up in the DICE official forums. From what I've seen the administrators seem to take part in that community and may very well take your suggestion to heart.  ;)

Parker

Sure seemed like a rant to me. The vast majority of the original post was complaining about the 64 player Conquest mode and you never really explained why you think it'd be a good idea for DICE to add the other modes. 

Like FATE said though, you'd probably have more luck bringing this up in the DICE official forums. From what I've seen the administrators seem to take part in that community and may very well take your suggestion to heart.  ;)

Parker

I've already done it, however as I said I was curious about other people's opinion on the matter.

Never really explained why? Well I thought it was pretty implied. First of all, not everyone's internet can take 32v32. My internet speed is pretty decent and I get a lot of lagg atleast 1/3 of every game. Framerate drops occur aswell, which last time I checked is the PS4's fault. Why would they then not making a 16v16 available since a lot of people share my problems and concerns. Also the smaller conquest maps are actually already implemented in the game, however DICE for some reason have not hosted official servers. And there are none that host themselves.

So considering that it would go a lot smoother, some people think it's more fun and it's already implemented in the game. I really don't see how starting to host 16v16 isn't a good idea.

Sigh... As I've said, I've got average internet. I cba buy expensive internet just so that every third game I play in BF4 will be more smoother, when they've already implemented an option that not only makes it smoother but also MORE ENJOYABLE.

All ya'll seem to be ignoring the fact that it's already in the friggin game, DICE just aren't hosting them.

"I have no problems taking sniper's dog tags in big conquest mode lol"       What?

Whether I was ranting or not, which I wasn't, but maybe it came off as I were. Doesn't change anything-

Look, I know you find it hard to believe but I actually made  this thread because I genuinely think I'll have a better time playing 16v16 than 32v32. It'll go smoother and I'll enjoy the gameplay more. 

And I don't have problems getting a good score either, if that's what you think.

DICE nor EA care that you have sitty internet.

Which is why they did this:

Options - Gameplay - Network Smoothing Factor - Set to below 25%

Why did they create conquest 16v16 option then? Seriously, what's so difficult about hosting a few 16v16 conquest servers? They have loads of 32v32 that are empty.

Sigh... As I've said, I've got average internet. I cba buy expensive internet just so that every third game I play in BF4 will be more smoother, when they've already implemented an option that not only makes it smoother but also MORE ENJOYABLE.

All ya'll seem to be ignoring the fact that it's already in the friggin game, DICE just aren't hosting them.

"I have no problems taking sniper's dog tags in big conquest mode lol"       What?

Whether I was ranting or not, which I wasn't, but maybe it came off as I were. Doesn't change anything-

Look, I know you find it hard to believe but I actually made  this thread because I genuinely think I'll have a better time playing 16v16 than 32v32. It'll go smoother and I'll enjoy the gameplay more. 

And I don't have problems getting a good score either, if that's what you think.

Why did they create conquest 16v16 option then? Seriously, what's so difficult about hosting a few 16v16 conquest servers? They have loads of 32v32 that are empty.

They created it for the last generation consoles that wouldn't be able to run with the 64 player conquest servers. As far a I'm aware DICE figures most people would want the current gen version to be as close to the PC as possible which includes having the same player count since people made a big deal about only having 32 player conquest in the PS3/360 version.

I'd certainly support the idea of 32 player matches (the maps would have to be downscaled though or I guess they could limit access to some parts) because I'm all for giving players more options to enjoy their game but I think DICE has enough on their plate right now and I doubt they'll be making changed like that until they fix their game. 

Parker

They created it for the last generation consoles that wouldn't be able to run with the 64 player conquest servers. As far a I'm aware DICE figures most people would want the current gen version to be as close to the PC as possible which includes having the same player count since people made a big deal about only having 32 player conquest in the PS3/360 version.

I'd certainly support the idea of 32 player matches (the maps would have to be downscaled though or I guess they could limit access to some parts) because I'm all for giving players more options to enjoy their game but I think DICE has enough on their plate right now and I doubt they'll be making changed like that until they fix their game. 

Parker

Parker

Couple of things. First of all, there was only 24 players on the PS3/360 version. Second of all, close to the PC version, yes you're right. The PC version has 24, 32 and 48 players conquest maps. 

Ah yes, indeed. Fix the game first, however I don't see any trouble in opening up official DICE servers. They do it all the time, without much effort. But yeah, I understand fixing the game is quite urgent. 

Couple of things. First of all, there was only 24 players on the PS3/360 version. Second of all, close to the PC version, yes you're right. The PC version has 24, 32 and 48 players conquest maps. 

Ah yes, indeed. Fix the game first, however I don't see any trouble in opening up official DICE servers. They do it all the time, without much effort. But yeah, I understand fixing the game is quite urgent. 

Thank you for the correction, I thought the last gen version supported 32 players for some reason. 

Opening some official servers shouldn't be an issue but with the lawsuit and pressure from EA I'm sure that is probably the last thing on their mind for the PS4/Xbone versions. Hopefully soon we'll get as many options for servers (or close to it) as PC players. 

Parker