Love it but I'm lost!

IVIR_Clark

I am really loving this game, from the character design to the combat and the rpg leveling it feels great and has replaced COD and BF4 as my go to online experience.

Having said all that I have no idea what the heck is going on:

I have these cards/mods....some work, some don't why?

In the levels, some objective control panels require an extra item and I'm at the mercy of someone else to hack it...why?

What am I looking for to help me along as far as pickups etc?

What is fusion?

Any guidance and wisdom would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'm only scratching the surface.

Also the Warframe Wiki is a pretty decent source of information.

Though the cards are modules (mods) that you can apply to your warframe or weapons (bottom left specifies what it can be applied to) and top right how much it "costs"  Each item can has a max of 30 unless you use a forma on it.  If you match the symbols on the top right of the mod with a slot on the item you want to apply it to it will reduce the cost by half.  if they don't match it doubles the cost.

I'm assuming for the control panels you're in a mobile defense mission/spy mission where someone has to carry an item to each console (looks like a high tech briefcase).

Fusion is combining mods to create a more powerful mod.  For example, Fury increases your melee attack speed by 10% (I think).  If you fuse two Fury mods together they would become one fury mod that increases melee attack speed by 20%.  The higher the level the mod (ie the more you fuse) the more mods it will take to reach the next level (I think it's 5 total mods or something for level 3).  For a total of 5 ranks.  Keep in mind, that the other mods used are destroyed in the process (2 mods fused makes 1 mod).  Transmuting is something completely different. 

Edited by Quikdrawjoe

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Those video tutorials were exactly what I needed and should be available in game.

It's too bad, the barrier to entry for the console crew is pretty high and I can see a lot of players moving on. I think we're in an odd spot for gaming with a jump in pc ports/mom's. The Pc crowd are more open/used to manuals and wikis whereas console gamers are more about the in game tutorial. I ran into the same thing with DCUO...terms and concepts new to me that weren't really explained all that clearly.

Now don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to do the extra research but how many will just move on instead and miss out on a great game?

It really depends on what it is.  If you're totally focused on trophies I would consult guides to see which is the best but if you want to enjoy yourself/play Warframe past trophies then building what you want is always better.  Especially since most things take at least 12 hours to build.

I am not earning the 100 kills in one mission trophy, is there something i need to do to get the updated trophies? I have done a update that i know,

Also how do i buy different wapons? Do i have seriously need to but the platinum credits? And the xp locked weapons what xp do they mean?

As far as I know the 100 kills is not glitched.  When it shows the ending stats screen does it show you with 100 kills?

You can buy blueprints for weapons from the Market and some weapons can be bought with credits from the Market also.  If you buy the blueprint you have to build the weapon in the Foundry.  You don't ever need to buy platinum.  XP locked means they require a certain mastery rank before you are able to use them.  The top left of the main screen (little picture with number in it) shows your current rank or you can go to your Profile and it will tell you your current rank along with the affinity needed to reach the next rank.

As far as I know the 100 kills is not glitched.  When it shows the ending stats screen does it show you with 100 kills?

You can buy blueprints for weapons from the Market and some weapons can be bought with credits from the Market also.  If you buy the blueprint you have to build the weapon in the Foundry.  You don't ever need to buy platinum.  XP locked means they require a certain mastery rank before you are able to use them.  The top left of the main screen (little picture with number in it) shows your current rank or you can go to your Profile and it will tell you your current rank along with the affinity needed to reach the next rank.

thank you, but still i have gotten 200 kills in a survival mission but no trophy, i guess i just gotta keep trying :) there are 2000 players who got the main game and only 1000 who has the update 1 and 2 dlc pack, is there something else you need to do to get the dlc than just installing the game and doing the forced update along with it?