Strange game breaking bug (Patch 1.52).

Viper

I'm in the mission "I Walk the Line" I've already beaten Sasquatch, and I'm at the objective where I need to jack in to the van for Placide. So after jacking in and talking to him for a bit, I hear a voice say "this isn't your fight" and I just randomly Flatline. So after this happened twice thinking someone hacked me in that moment, I decided to NOT Jack In and look around a bit to see if someone was one shotting me or something...and while just walking about...Flatline. So I finally decided to reload my checkpoint and just sit there...after 2 minutes V just randomly Flatlines, nothing happening, there's no combat, I'm not doing anything...he's just...dead. I've reloaded about 7 times now and he always just dies 2 minutes later. 

Obviously I need to reload my save from before I beat Sasquatch, and do this part again...but this is extremely annoying and I don't see anything on Google about it other than something similar from the early days of the games release but it's not quite MY situation. So I tried again...beat Sasquatch, got to the van and just stood there....Flatlined. Reloaded again and this time decided to just walk past the 3 guys standing at the van instead of taking them out. As soon as V gets on the radio with Placide to tell him the Van is in sight...it's like a death timer pops up, V just flatlines within a minute or two. 

I have no idea how to get past this mission now...as it's not even ov...

Scratch that....as I was typing this out I had loaded a save from right after I beat Sasquatch and just stood there next to her typing this. It took like 5 minutes, but I just flatlined again. I feel like this has something to do with that Runner that taps into you while you fight her. Am I forgetting to do something? 

Edited by Viper

40 minutes ago, Viper said:
Spoiler

I'm in the mission "I Walk the Line" I've already beaten Sasquatch, and I'm at the objective where I need to jack in to the van for Placide. So after jacking in and talking to him for a bit, I hear a voice say "this isn't your fight" and I just randomly Flatline. So after this happened twice thinking someone hacked me in that moment, I decided to NOT Jack In and look around a bit to see if someone was one shotting me or something...and while just walking about...Flatline. So I finally decided to reload my checkpoint and just sit there...after 2 minutes V just randomly Flatlines, nothing happening, there's no combat, I'm not doing anything...he's just...dead. I've reloaded about 7 times now and he always just dies 2 minutes later. 

Obviously I need to reload my save from before I beat Sasquatch, and do this part again...but this is extremely annoying and I don't see anything on Google about it other than something similar from the early days of the games release but it's not quite MY situation. So I tried again...beat Sasquatch, got to the van and just stood there....Flatlined. Reloaded again and this time decided to just walk past the 3 guys standing at the van instead of taking them out. As soon as V gets on the radio with Placide to tell him the Van is in sight...it's like a death timer pops up, V just flatlines within a minute or two. 

I have no idea how to get past this mission now...as it's not even ov...

Scratch that....as I was typing this out I had loaded a save from right after I beat Sasquatch and just stood there next to her typing this. It took like 5 minutes, but I just flatlined again. I feel like this has something to do with that Runner that taps into you while you fight her. Am I forgetting to do something? 

All text was in white, I put it in a spoiler.

I typed it up on PST first and pasted it here...forgot to remove the formatting, but i have a Chrome extension that puts PSNP into Dark Mode so it looked normal to me. Should be good now, sorry about that. 

However, I think I figured out that I had to go to the Van first, otherwise the Net Runner hacks you and flatlines you after a short period of time. I only killed Sasquatch first because was there before the van was. They really shouldn't have put her objective up there if it screws the mission up like this. 

Edited by Viper

That section of the game is just weird. I also had an issue during that part that was also game breaking, but a little different. I too beat the boss animal before the van. When I got the objective to get into the theater none of the gates would open. This bug is a known issue and there are listed solutions for it, but none of them worked for me. (Side entrance was also closed, gate didn't open on restarting the game ect ect ect. I tried all of them.) I ended up having to go way way way back in into the autosaves and play most of the mission again. Seems to me that beating Sasquatch out of order can screw up the game in a number of ways.