Grass is always greener solution

Valor-Red

So I've been asked how to achieve this since it looks like it's bugged and can't get it no matter how safe you play it with the lawn mower. Right now the only safe solution I could do is simply just pick a smaller map preferably without any flowers and use the Trimmers. Takes longer to finish, but it guarantees it's done.

Now to explain the problem with using the lawn mower. No matter how safe you play, the problem lies with the trailer you drive off and on at the start of the map. I notice this from doing challenges, but no matter how slow I go, I've always gotten a penalty from just driving off the trailer, meaning it causes a small bump.

Edited by Valor-Red
  • Like 2

That’s what I did. Used trimmer only on the 59 Coville St. contract and it unlocked both the Grass is Greener and Size isn’t Everything trophies. That location is very easy. There’s just few rectangles of grass and no flowers, trees, or other obstructions. Took 20 min, going side to side. And yea the 25 cent collision penalty persists on every map if using mower. I haven’t tested if raising the blades and backing into the trailer when done helps but I think you either need to be very careful, slow, and perform certain steps or a it’s a bug. Also I heard resetting the game helps if it’s carrying over penalties to your next contracts. I made sure to do that before starting my trimmer only run.

Edit: Got 0 fines/penalties/collisions with a mower when wasn’t even trying for it. I was not careful or slow going off the trailer or anywhere. Was not careful with trimmer either. Was with Patterson RO-A with mulch plate at the Jefferson Garden. I can’t remember employee performance but I think it was 0 penalties. I also had a 25 cent collision from the job before but that did not carry that over. It’s weird how this one works.

Edited by NMErickson

Formal Gardens is tricky, I think there are other things on that map besides flowers that have some sort of collision, so I wouldn't recommend trying a map that has something in the way. Or like NMErickson said, reset the game if it happens to carry over the 25 cent penalty no matter what you do.

Rowley Manor Rear Garden

59 Coville St Garden Lawns

These are maps that don't have things in the way, so maybe try them. Another thing I haven't really tested but still want to be aware, and that's if sending employees on contracts and receiving their own penalties affects you too. If anyone wants to try and report it, please do!

Edited by Valor-Red
  • Like 1

I was getting a collision penalty on every single contract for a while until I realised what the issue was; when finishing the contract and returning the mower to the trailer, I would always bump into the trailer itself (you hear the noise from the collision). I didn't expect this to count, since I touched nothing on the property itself, but alas.

The trick to avoiding the penalty was simply to very carefully reverse the mower onto the trailer, instead of driving onto it normally. Doing this allows me to now complete 99% of contracts with zero penalties.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So yesterday I tried using the strimmer only method and spent an hour cutting the entire lawn (probably should have waited for a smaller lawn to cut).  Regardless, I finished the job and the results screen showed $0.00 for penalties & fines. Great, except the trophy didn't pop. Is there a glitch that causes this not to pop even if there were no fines? I really don't want to do the strimmer only method again if it isn't going to work a 2nd time.

Update:

I did eventually get the trophy.  Not sure why it didn't pop even when I had $0.00 in penalties & fines, but I bought the 2nd mower and used that one, and it popped for me.  So maybe something is glitched with the 1st mower, even if you don't use it and go with the strimmer only method?  Either way, if this trophy gives you problems, try using the 2nd mower from the left and be extra careful not to bump into things.

Edited by Sarcasm08

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I got this a couple of days ago without even trying so not sure if its fixed now or not. When i got it, it was a small garden and i stayed away from the edges which I picked up with the strimmer. 

The only general advice i have is stay away from the boarders as much as you can while going for it. with the mower just do full lock when you turn. Just reverse and move forward slowly. It might take a little while longer than the recommended time but that doesn't really matter. Good luck everyone!