Is the game really hard? Or broken?

Cobbsquatch

23 hours ago, Cobbsquatch said:

Confused why no one's finished the game yet. Not got the room on my HDD to install the game yet, but will be doing so soon. What's up with no one finishing it?

It's unpopular and going by the low attainment rates for both versions, I'm inclined to believe it's just a bad game that people don't like very much.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Confused 1

Hi. I've been waiting for a very long time for this game (pre-ordered it last year, in June !), but i got soft locked mid-run on PS4, actually during chapter 5 so almost at the end.

I sent a message to the editor's support team and they answered they knew about the problem but hadn't been able to reproduce it so... they can't patch it (at least for now).

I had to restart from the very beginning, so I'm going slow. To be honest it kinda demotivated me. Mostly 'cause it's still possible the game will glitch again and I'm gonna get stuck once more.

In my opinion the game is not "that bad", but not really good either. It has some ideas but they seem, at least to me, poorly executed. And of course, the bugs won't help appreciate it...

21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's super unpopular and going by the low attainment rates for both versions, I'm inclined to believe it's just a bad game that people don't like very much.

Super unpopular is probably a bit of stretch imo. It's a small indie game with not much marketing, as a Little Nightmares fan I've been looking forward to this, just been hooked by Babylon's, then don't have to room to install it at the moment.

11 hours ago, Flitterbloom said:

Hi. I've been waiting for a very long time for this game (pre-ordered it last year, in June !), but i got soft locked mid-run on PS4, actually during chapter 5 so almost at the end.

I sent a message to the editor's support team and they answered they knew about the problem but hadn't been able to reproduce it so... they can't patch it (at least for now).

I had to restart from the very beginning, so I'm going slow. To be honest it kinda demotivated me. Mostly 'cause it's still possible the game will glitch again and I'm gonna get stuck once more.

In my opinion the game is not "that bad", but not really good either. It has some ideas but they seem, at least to me, poorly executed. And of course, the bugs won't help appreciate it...

Damn, that's a shame :( Definitely getting to the game soon, when I've got room to get it installed. Seems fun, as a Little Nightmares fan, I've been waiting for a similar inspired game, glad a few of them seem to be surfacing now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cobbsquatch said:

Damn, that's a shame :( Definitely getting to the game soon, when I've got room to get it installed. Seems fun, as a Little Nightmares fan, I've been waiting for a similar inspired game, glad a few of them seem to be surfacing now.

I didn't play Little Nightmare but I bought it and the season pass years ago, so it's just a matter of time ?.

I just thought I'd mention it : the game glitched again today. I think it may happen when you upgrade Bikti's power with the spiritual eyes (you need 3 of them to get to lvl2). I backed-up my save 'cause I'm used to have no luck when it comes to games ?, so I won't have to redo it all over again this time, but I'm gonna stay away from those for now, just in case...

It may be a good idea to keep a back-up save when you'll start it. I hope you won't get stuck nonetheless and you'll enjoy the game!

Edited by Flitterbloom
typo

3 hours ago, Flitterbloom said:

I didn't play Little Nightmare but I bought it and the season pass years ago, so it's just a matter of time 1f601.png.

I just thought I'd mention it : the game glitched again today. I think it may happen when you upgrade Bikti's power with the spiritual eyes (you need 3 of them to get to lvl2). I backed-up my save 'cause I'm used to have no luck when it comes to games 1f602.png, so I won't have to redo it all over again this time, but I'm gonna stay away from those for now, just in case...

It may be a good idea to keep a back-up save when you'll start it. I hope you won't get stuck nonetheless and you'll enjoy the game!

The LN series is honestly up there as 1 of, if not my favourite game series ever. Hope ya enjoy it.

Cheers for the tip, I'll keep an eye. Hopefully it gets patched sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2022 at 3:12 AM, Zerejko said:

broken and game breaking bugs

From my experience the game works fine if your console is in Chinese. I had to change the language of my PS4 to get the platinum (it does not change the language in game so it's just remembering where the settings are to change it back afterward). Not the first game I encounter with this problem so I thought I'd give it a try and it worked.

The game was so much more enjoyable that way, being able to upgrade the spiritual eye! Maybe give it a try ? ?

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 11:11 AM, Flitterbloom said:

From my experience the game works fine if your console is in Chinese. I had to change the language of my PS4 to get the platinum (it does not change the language in game so it's just remembering where the settings are to change it back afterward). Not the first game I encounter with this problem so I thought I'd give it a try and it worked.

The game was so much more enjoyable that way, being able to upgrade the spiritual eye! Maybe give it a try ? 1f642.png

Interesting. My console is in English and the game language is English. I still got the Platinum.

1 hour ago, Cold_Drake said:

Interesting. My console is in English and the game language is English. I still got the Platinum.

Good to know! I didn't tested it with the console in English, mine is in French and it would not work correctly with this language ?. I basically used Chinese because the game was developed in China and that seemed the best bet to me. As I already said :

On 12/04/2022 at 0:51 PM, Flitterbloom said:

They're still trying and I sent them the solution I used in case it could help. Hopefully they'll find the solution so nobody has to change their console language to get the platinum ?.

Edited by Flitterbloom

• 2 months later...
On 1-5-2022 at 7:15 PM, Cold_Drake said:

I have a set of video walkthrough that can help you.

Does this also include the misc trophies you have to earn in certain spots?

And also @Flitterbloom :

Since you both got 100%, can you tell me if there are any missable trophies?

In the other thread I read about different endings but I can't find out which trophies are for different endings or if there's only 1 ending that gives all trophies.

If nothing is missable I'll just play on my own and use the guide for cleanup :) 

Edited by Kolm

On 15/07/2022 at 7:55 PM, Kolm said:

Does this also include the misc trophies you have to earn in certain spots?

And also @Flitterbloom :

Since you both got 100%, can you tell me if there are any missable trophies?

In the other thread I read about different endings but I can't find out which trophies are for different endings or if there's only 1 ending that gives all trophies.

If nothing is missable I'll just play on my own and use the guide for cleanup :) 

No missable trophies, you can replay the chapters after you finished the game one time. There is at least 2 endings but you only need the good one for the trophies ('cause it depends on the collectibles for Collection Master), note you can't get the other one if you already have the Good One on your save file though.

I saw this other topic but I'm not sure what the last entry on the left (I'm missing it too...) is about ; I tried to rush the game from scratch grabbing only the collectibles I really needed to keep going and still had no luck with this one... at least it won't get in the way and you'll be able to get all the trophies ?.

Edited by Flitterbloom
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just started this game tonight, grabbed PS5 version in a sale for £6, it's actually really pretty cool, visually wonderful (yea akin to Little Nightmares, also both devious where they appear to be gentle family-friendly horror, but in reality both are really quite creepy and bleak!)

As usual I'm totally surprised by so few players, and only 24 plat achievers! For what is so far a high quality indie game. I'm only on chapter 3 (of 6) at the moment, and there is no real trophy guide anywhere, so I'll edit this post later on when/if I get the plat saying if I thought it was difficult etc 👍

Trailer if anyones curious:

Edited by esstee11

Verdict:

(Yes it's a long post but I just think some info will help other players, cuz I was in the dark about some stuff cuz theres like no info on this game anywhere.)

3.5/10 difficulty.

~15 hour platinum. (*Could be done in about 5 hours if you did it all in one playthrough once you know what you're doing / or if there was a good full platinum walkthrough video for this game. But there isnt.)

I decided to really take my time (~15 hours) and do it in 4 stages, nice safe easy way lol:

1. Full blind playthrough for fun. 6 chapters - going slow takes about 1 hour per chapter. (30 mins to run through once you know the way).

2. Misc - Then I dipped in and out of chapter select (the planetarium) to mop up all misc trophies. I thought stealth all of ch5 and ch3 would be daunting, but there are loads of in-game save/checkpoints (butterfly save icon) so whenever you see that you can make a back up cloud save, making these misc trophies not a problem 🙂

3. Collectables - Then I equipped my bikti hummingbird (red bird) now that's unlocked (when unlocked can be found in the pond garden type area in the dream hall), who helps you find collectables, and replayed all chapters getting all collectables trophies. (Or you could use a collectables YouTube video). *read stage 4 for secret last 2 collectables in ch6, you havent missed them.

4. True end - Now that everything else is done, the true/real final boss is available. So replay chapter 6 end will auto bring you to real final boss chaotic nightmare for your last trophy. Note: defeating her will also automatically unlock your last 2 collectables from chapter 6, if you got all the others this will finally unlock all collectables trophy and platinum!

So yea, honestly, that was a treat 🙂 on the whole it's a well put together well-made indie game. And I'm personally very impressed 💜

Visually wonderful, gameplay was interesting, just think about the puzzles, some were great.. the answer will always be somewhere..

Some stealth, some combat/boss fights, just smart and good stuff.

You can never get lost cuz you can press up on D-pad for blue footprints to point you in the right direction.

You can check all stats and progress via the hub/'dream hall'.

Remember to equip cool things when unlocked cuz they all have benefits. For example I like to wear the (pink) Elf Ears for unlimited running stamina (found on little tree by mirror and gramophone in dream hall when unlocked). Or Earmuffs to make your footsteps silent making stealth sections a breeze. Etc.

Outfits you can wear the youth beanie to be faster lol, the dark devil fit to be kinda invisible when crouched. Etc. (If you dont know what something does, press options on controller - notes - appearance - once unlocked what it does will be described here.)

I am so tempted (but I know I wont get around to it) to make a full video so I can explain these puzzles to people  (and everything else) cuz man it deserves some attention. The plat achiever amount (24 people. 25 now.) is shocking. The sad thing is, is that I know that is just because there isnt a good guide for it, written or otherwise. So it's missing peoples radars. This info here could even be enough though. Even these little nuggets of info I'd of been grateful for before.

I play so many indie games that are criminally mediocre and unimaginative, but this is one of the few that is far greater, it's a star 💜

I wont talk about the ending or story, the game has different vibes depending on what you focus on..fun gameplay or reading notes.. you know like when a song sounds so chipper but then the lyrics are sad? Yea like that lol. Interesting though.

Bill is a little unwell. Which, is good that it may make some people more interested to play the game who may relate. I loved the game, I will play again for sure.

Final note, in response to thread title so definately not that hard and certainly not broken, play whatever language you like, and I had zero issues with any trophies, all patched up and problem free 👍

Thank you for reading my novella,

Signed the author,

EssTeeTalksTooMuch

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 4