Jumping back into PS3 Trophy Hunt

mr_enigma26

21 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I have Splatterhouse in my backlog but have just never gotten around to it.  If you play it, please post your thoughts.  I'd like to get around to it sometime, but wasn't sure about it.

It’s essentially a God of War style hack and slash game. You kill enemies, you reach checkpoints, you upgrade your abilities, you defeat bosses and move forward.

You have to do two playthroughs which should be enough to get all kill based trophies. Your main worry will be the survival arenas. A couple of them can be annoying, there are six total you have to beat under a time limit. 

Splatter Smash is one of the best moves for the arenas. I wouldn’t bother attempting the arenas until your character is fully upgraded. 

Not too hard of a game. I enjoyed Splatterhouse. Unfortunately it’s very expensive to grab nowadays due to its rarity and it’s one of those disc based only PS3 games. So it won’t be on the PS Now service.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, I see this thread is almost three months old, but to answer the question, Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite game ever so definitely play that!  Second, Asura's Wrath.  That game is basically like playing through an anime on steroids!

As for me, I have three games left that I am committed to play and platinum on the PS3.  Demon's Souls.  Dark Souls.  Dark Souls II.  There are a few others in my backlog/library that I got free from PS+ like Just Cause 2 and Sleeping Dogs, but I wouldn't say I am committed to them.  Maybe I will get to them, more than likely I probably won't.   Regardless, the three Souls games I mentioned above I am committed to and will more than likely finally get to next year. 

• Like 1

^ I'm still obsessed with Just Cause 2 to this day, Just started the 360 version on the XBSX and have had the PC version for ages. For my PS3 version the last tophy I had to get was: 

41S45c8ab.png Trying Everything Once
Drive all 104 vehicles.

And from previous, I have splatterhouse on PS3 and never played it but will now, I am playing Trinity, Souls of Zil Oll but won't platinum that.