Jumping back into PS3 Trophy Hunt

mr_enigma26

So finally got around to maintaining my PS3 after who knows how long in storage. Now looking to play and hopefully Plat some of backlog. Currently, the list is:

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron 

Alpha Protocol

Splatterhouse

Final Fantasy 13

God of War Ghost of Sparta 

God of war Chains of Olympus

God of war Ascension

3D Dot Game Heroes

Asura’s Wrath

What you think I should try first? Also if you played any of these any tips? I read El Shaddai is tough.

Splatterhouse is loads of fun, so that's my #1 recommendation. The God of War games are pretty standard, but I know Ascension has a single online trophy that probably requires an Online Pass (beware if you are a trophy completionist) and FF13 is an ok game...not bad, but not fantastic.

I have 3D.GH sitting on a shelf somewhere that I really want to try again after playing maybe 15 minutes of it a decade ago. I've heard nothing but bad things about El Shaddai, so maybe watch some videos before committing.

• Like 2

I would start with both PSP GoW games, those are very short platinum, can even be done in a day. Ascension and Asura's Wrath are also good games, but take longer. 

FFXIII is widely disliked, but I loved the game and it is platinum. But be warned that you are up for a long ride. Not only the story itself is long, there is a lot of grind involved. Took me more than 100h to achieve the platinum.

El Shaddai is a pretty unique and fun game, but I still havent tried to 100%. Everyone say it is very hard.

10 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

I would start with both PSP GoW games, those are very short platinum, can even be done in a day. Ascension and Asura's Wrath are also good games, but take longer. 

FFXIII is widely disliked, but I loved the game and it is platinum. But be warned that you are up for a long ride. Not only the story itself is long, there is a lot of grind involved. Took me more than 100h to achieve the platinum.

El Shaddai is a pretty unique and fun game, but I still havent tried to 100%. Everyone say it is very hard.

Yeah might lean on the easier GoW ones first. It's been a long time since I picked up the Ps3 so I'm sure the framerates and overall feel of the games will be jarring with old game mechanics. 

At the very least I will beat each game and see which ones are worth the time and effort to Plat.

Ok so my advice is if you are doing gow ascension play it through ps now on a ps4 or ps5. The online pass is integrated in that version. The only online trophy is to play the multiplayer tutorial which is solo doable but you have to pay £7.99 for an online pass to access it otherwise 

1 hour ago, Vorfied said:

I just went back and 100%ed El Shaddai recently myself! I consider myself pretty bad at those kinds of games but found the El Shaddai plat to be very manageable and not as difficult as it might seem.

Oh wow congrats! Any advice or walkthroughs you used or can recommend?

One trophy that got really annoying was the one for 50 recovers. If you haven't played it - a recover is when you run out of health you can button mash to revive with a bit of health restored, you can do it about 3-4 times per checkpoint I think. Well, I didn't really think about this trophy during my playthroughs so it took me by surprise as the last trophy I needed and I had to grind it out which was pretty painful. You don't want to do it during your G rank attempts though since it hurts your score. So I'd recommend you die on purpose often over the course of your early playthrough(s) so you can knock this one out and then not worry about it.

As for guides the one on here by Xillynoc and this one by AloysiusPriest gave me all the information I needed. Good luck!

37 minutes ago, Vorfied said:

One trophy that got really annoying was the one for 50 recovers. If you haven't played it - a recover is when you run out of health you can button mash to revive with a bit of health restored, you can do it about 3-4 times per checkpoint I think. Well, I didn't really think about this trophy during my playthroughs so it took me by surprise as the last trophy I needed and I had to grind it out which was pretty painful. You don't want to do it during your G rank attempts though since it hurts your score. So I'd recommend you die on purpose often over the course of your early playthrough(s) so you can knock this one out and then not worry about it.

As for guides the one on here by Xillynoc and this one by AloysiusPriest gave me all the information I needed. Good luck!

Thank you! From your memory how bad was it getting the G rank on hard mode? That seems to be the hardest challenge.

9 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

If you do 3D Dot Game Heroes, let me know how it is!

I will. I'm also excited to try it out

So weird to see this pop up on the forums because I JUST plugged my old PS3 up again and took a look at my games I either started or always wanted to. Got a lot, many of the same you aim to complete! Well, good luck to us both, I suppose! Thanks for the motivation! <3

• Like 1

Its been some time but got the platinum in 3D dot game heroes. 

I remember it being fun, but there was a trophy where you had to run in a small course in a certain time...it was REALY hard, and i remember on the USA version you had to do it faster than the EU version that i did.

The GOW games are alot of fun! and not too hard. 

FF13 had a bad story, but the endgame combat was actually realy enjoyable ( but alot of grinding for platinum )

Interesting list. Excellent choices you made. Since you are going for the Platinum Trophy, I recommend knocking out the games with an online Trophy or just at least get those out of the way. God of War Ascension and El Shaddai have those at least.

Otherwise I would say Asura's Wrath, since it's basically the one I want but somehow never bought.

10 hours ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Does Bioshock runs well in PS3? I have to get back to PS3 as I still need to complete Sly Cooper 2 (already in the last chapter)

I had no issues playing Bioshock on the PS3. I also had just upgraded to a OLED TV and found it gave a slight graphics improvement as well 

• Like 1

I loved 3D Dot Game Heroes.  If you go in knowing what to expect (with all the playthroughs and difficulty curve), then you should do fine.  It really wasn't a hard game.  But it was a lot of fun and oh man, the nostalgia, lol.  If I remember correctly, after I got the plat I hopped on jnes and replayed both Legend of Zelda and Dragon Warrior, lol.

I have Splatterhouse in my backlog but have just never gotten around to it.  If you play it, please post your thoughts.  I'd like to get around to it sometime, but wasn't sure about it.