Elite Diver with three players

cusman

For our 5th Deep Dive, we tried an Elite Deep Dive and made it out together on first try. If you are comfortable playing Hazard Level 5 levels together, you will probably be fine getting through an Elite Deep Dive together. Most of the high risk will come from the modifiers that might be active or type of missions. The rest is good cooperative play and resource management, especially use of the limited Nitra as you go between the three different "floors" of a Deep Dive. In any mission with limited Nitra, time management is necessary because enemies will never stop spawning but you can run out of supplies.

Edited by cusman
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

For anybody who needs the Elite Diver trophy, I would highly recommend giving this one (week of June 9th 2022) a shot whether you have a team or play with randoms. This is the easiest one I’ve seen in a long while so it’s a great time to get this trophy.

Thanks for the heads up, I know what I am gonna do tonight!

On 6/9/2022 at 6:34 PM, dieselmanchild said:

For anybody who needs the Elite Diver trophy, I would highly recommend giving this one (week of June 9th 2022) a shot whether you have a team or play with randoms. This is the easiest one I’ve seen in a long while so it’s a great time to get this trophy.

I haven't played Elite Deep Dive this week, but the other two in our normal trio squad did that without issue so this is probably good advice. It is also a good time to get Deep for Speed for a normal Deep Dive which our trio completed this week. I'll upload gameplay video of that as well later today.

1 minute ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I just hate the Mini Mule Objective, forces you to stand in a small area whilst getting pelted from all sides :/

On plus side, once you complete it including the couple of minutes of free roam before Drop Ship is ready to leave, you can extract right there rather than having to go to the Drop Pod which can be one of the most perilous times in the game, especially in complex maps. The Salvage Mission objective tends to have simpler maps.

For any stay in place to defend objectives, one tip I can offer is that you can freeze / slow / neurotoxin enemies rather than killing them because any that you kill will just get replaced. Your objective is to survive time, not kill certain amount of enemies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cusman said:

On plus side, once you complete it including the couple of minutes of free roam before Drop Ship is ready to leave, you can extract right there rather than having to go to the Drop Pod which can be one of the most perilous times in the game, especially in complex maps. The Salvage Mission objective tends to have simpler maps.

For any stay in place to defend objectives, one tip I can offer is that you can freeze / slow / neurotoxin enemies rather than killing them because any that you kill will just get replaced. Your objective is to survive time, not kill certain amount of enemies.

Well said. The luxury of having the drop pod right there and not having to work your way back through the perilous cave is totally worth it.

I’d advise doing it with a team rather than solo, as it’s much easier to defend all sides when you’ve got people watching your six. Luckily my team had a pretty good Driller and Engineer, so we ended up digging a little bunker that worked quite well. They camped inside while I stayed outside kiting enemies and dealing with some of the bigger ones and the strategy seemed to work pretty good.

Just be careful with bunkers as they can quickly turn into tombs if they aren’t constructed well.

• Like 2