My first Resident Evil.

SalvadorGamer_21

Hello, I have never played the resident Evil games and finally I am going to dare to play the favorite of many people and the most valued by the critics.

I would only like advice from this game, What should be the order to get 100% without complicating things and I also want to know Why is it the best game in the saga? 

• Like 3

I still think the Gamcube Remake of the Original is the best. I do enjoy RE4 and it is very fun it just feels more like a spin-off than a main game, all of them have since 4 though.

If you really want 100% the hardest part will be the Challenges after the game to unlock the Handcannon. Professional mode is not too bad but has some tough moments.

Edited by Void

I jumped into the Resident Evil series recently myself and played 4 not too long ago, and it is a really amazing game. The combat is fun, the atmosphere is creepy, and the environments are really interesting to explore. Like Dann said, the style of controls will take some getting used to, especially if you’re coming from modern 3PS games. But stick with it and you’ll adjust quickly.

If you enjoy RE4 and are interested to explore the series further, I would highly suggest going back to the series roots and trying the Resident Evil HD remake. RE HD, RE Zero, and RE2 remake are all classic survival horror Resident Evil games and where the true spirit of the series is on display. They are very different from RE4 and beyond, and feature the old school fixed camera angles and big, winding labyrinthian environments such as the iconic mansion or police station.

Resident Evil 4 is where the series took a huge turn and started branching out into 3rd person shooter action territory, so it’s kind of a weird place to jump in because it’s just so different than the classic RE games. BUT — RE4 is still fantastic because it is extremely atmospheric and still retains the spooky horror vibes of the previous games, albeit with a completely reinvented gameplay style which breathes more heart pounding action into the game.

A big part of the reason RE4 is so beloved and widely acclaimed as a masterpiece is because it was quite a groundbreaking game for it’s time and had a massive impact on game development for years to come. There are some great video essays on YouTube that explore this topic if you’re interested to learn more after playing.

Have fun man, I am jealous! I’d love to experience RE4 for the first time again. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

I'm old so I was able to experience the entire series from the very beginning. The first four games (I count C:V as no. 4) are helplessly outdated in their original state and are not recommended. The infamous tank controls sucked back then and are even more of a pain today. Resident Evil 4 remains my favorite. I've played through the original GC version more than 20 times. The magic is still there. As for the newer entries, I'd pick RE 7 for the modern approach and RE 2 Remake for the old stuff. 5 and especially 6 are decent games, but have nothing to do with survivial horror. Resident Evil 6 is completely over the top and puts Michael Bay to shame. Enjoyable games if you can ignore their names.

Resident Evil 4 is easily the best Resident Evil. I worry about the remake, because the original game is perfect and the "controls" are what make the game and gameplay so good.

I'm now saving the PS4 version of RE4, which I will playing when the remake comes out.

Edited by enaysoft

I don't really like RE4. It's a entertaining game, hands down, gameplay is solid to this day but its premise was ruined for me on a level that main character jumps into the mess voluntarily and superheroes his way through the whole entirety of the story with little to no struggle. Basically it's an adventure game with survival action elements. Wouldn't make my top 5 of Resident Evil series list and barely makes the top 10. Not a bad game by any means though and deservedly liked by many.

I'm working on a Professional Guide for Noobs, I go as much to list all the drops, what is random, what is fixed, what ammo to use and when, strategies and everything.

I'm only up to 4-2 atm as I'm slowly working on it for the Channel, but it's a good place for reference for all difficulties.

I usually try to route around strategies which require the least skill and also speedy strats. Its difficult to be fast here though when inexperience so we are either killing all the enemies in rooms, or running past them, it all depends.

I would give some smaller tips, but there are so many. If you are interested, this will have everything you need if you wanted ideas, and like I say, the strategies provided are the simplest and most efficient.

So easy in fact, that I'm at 4-2 and haven't taken any damage yet. Although this is more because I've practiced the route a lot so probably not that helpful, but a good example of how good it can be.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OSVSivTrK8epW6orbrf-wGwT3BMPC1NpwWm18TLH2UE/edit?usp=drivesdk

10 hours ago, R4M Razr said:

I'm old so I was able to experience the entire series from the very beginning. The first four games (I count C:V as no. 4) are helplessly outdated in their original state and are not recommended. The infamous tank controls sucked back then and are even more of a pain today. Resident Evil 4 remains my favorite. I've played through the original GC version more than 20 times. The magic is still there. As for the newer entries, I'd pick RE 7 for the modern approach and RE 2 Remake for the old stuff. 5 and especially 6 are decent games, but have nothing to do with survival horror. Resident Evil 6 is completely over the top and puts Michael Bay to shame. Enjoyable games if you can ignore their names.

Maybe it is just me, I still have no issues with the Tank Controls and like yourself I started with the Originals. Now yes the controls could use some work but the Fixed Camera style could still be used to great effect.

As for the REimagined 2/3 I have trouble recommending it to folks especially if they want to see the older games. I would however recommend the Revelations games quite easily as they feel like a nice mix of the classic and the new.

Still have not played RE 7 as I cannot play 1st person (tunnel vision) without VR.

As to the TC, just play what catches your interest and enjoy them.