Question to Canadian Video Game Purchasers

Dead Weight

Anyone know why EB Games Canada increased their prices on some of their games ( 5 dollars more on soon to be released games)

eg: Lightning Returns is 64.99, MGS V is 34.99 and 44.99 etc.

To my knowledge Best Buy, Future Shop and Walmart haven't inflated their prices yet

I haven't noticed anything but then again I haven't gone shopping for new games in a little while. I'll check the website.

it also might be due to a bi-law in your city, I know that here in winnipeg there was a bi-law that you couldn't take in more than one video game for one video game so all of those trade in 4 get a free preorder type of deals didn't work.

edit: seems you're right. its even on their website.

Edited by RileyCola

That bi-law has been altered Riley over the last couple of years so that no-longer applies

@brawler-my buddy from EB said it had to do with the Canadian dollar right now and that all games are going up 5$ It is supposed to be across the country so bb/fs/wal-mart should be changing as well

damn... I might as well buy games digitally or wait for them to drop in price.

Including Ontario HST (13%), new AAA games are going to cost 73.4387 which rounded up, because Canada doesn't use pennies anymore to anyone who may not know, is going to be 73.45

That's the thing it might be because of our dollar but it isn't hard to import stuff from the states or like you said get it digitally. This price increase will only hurt the Canadian economy not help it

That bi-law has been altered Riley over the last couple of years so that no-longer applies

@brawler-my buddy from EB said it had to do with the Canadian dollar right now and that all games are going up 5$ It is supposed to be across the country so bb/fs/wal-mart should be changing as well

Our dollar is the reason. I complained about it a few weeks ago in a status update.

Www.vgp.ca isnt changing to my knowledge and they are based out of mississauga ontario. I havent had any issues with them and they tend to carry stuff other stores wouldnt as well as some imports

• 4 weeks later...

Still cheaper than buying games in Europe or Brasil.

400 euro for PS4 in Europe

$400 for PS4 in USA

In other words if I buy a USA PS4 it would save me 112 euro/$154 USD for the same product.

I've seen games go for 70 euro which is the equivalent of $97

If you want to save $$$, import your games from USA

Like I posted on anothet post. Games here in my country cost 100$. PS4 @ 830$. It's crazy, lucky I have an aunt in the US and bought one for me. Only costed me 460$ with shipping and all! Where does all the extra cost come from? I have no Idea.