Lightning Returns Review

The graphics look fantastic, which is only to be expected for an FF game. But the way he describes the story sounds so much like the last two games, in other words, convoluted and bad.

I was really disappointed with FFXIII. I picked up XIII-2 cheap and used after hearing so much about how improved it was and seeing that it took significantly less time to finish. Unfortunately it didn't grab me either. I can pretty safely say that I will not be playing this game short of it falling into my lap for free.

Also...no combat XP? Blasphemy!

The graphics look fantastic, which is only to be expected for an FF game. But the way he describes the story sounds so much like the last two games, in other words, convoluted and bad.

I was really disappointed with FFXIII. I picked up XIII-2 cheap and used after hearing so much about how improved it was and seeing that it took significantly less time to finish. Unfortunately it didn't grab me either. I can pretty safely say that I will not be playing this game short of it falling into my lap for free.

Also...no combat XP? Blasphemy!

rofl I honestly don't blame you. I will wait for the game to go to $20 before I actually pick it up myself though 

I'm curious to see more reviews 

i actually have this pre - ordered and ever since pre ordering it and before 

i've not been sure if i should get it or not .....

i have till friday to decide i guess 

the thing i liked about FF XIII Was the story and characters mainly the characters 

and that seems to be less in this one , the combat looks fun though 

when i played the demo it seemed ok a bit repetitive and i got a bit bored 

and as always the graphics are amazing 

the no combat xp puts me off quite a bit to be honest 

that's what makes fighting fun , without combat xp 

it makes it kinda pointless :(

Edited by TheVolloxx-

I decided to just rent this from gamefly because the whole time limit thing was too much of a turn off to warrant a full price purchase. I didn't like that mechanic in 2001 for Majora's Mask and 13 years later i still dislike it. Its even worse now since its being used in a jrpg where exploration is usually encouraged. But i really enjoyed the new combat system in the demo.

the new combat system i tried on the japanese demo was really good, but why the hell they removed the XP?

so now it's no longer an RPG??

and what with those japanese that like to added a time limit on their games? i don't know. maybe it's because the story is involve around this time limit thing and so you don't have time to waste on grinding for XP. i thought that some of those developers learned from games like that 3D castlevania on N64 or zelda Majora's mask that time limit on an entire game is not so fun, unless you're a speed runner.

oh well ..i will get this game one day if i found it at least $25 or used even though i never liked these FFXIII series.