"Judgement" Bugged or drops too random?

Deceptrox

Hi. I purchased this game during the last sale as it catched my eye despite noticing there aren't any platinum achievers yet. 

The two persons closest to the platinum are only missing the trophy "Judgement" which requires to complete all 68 pages from the bestiary. I read that some times when you kill a monster it drops an entry for the bestiary. 

The question is if the trophy is bugged or simply the drops are too random that nobody managed to complete the bestiary yet. 

This game was published by Digerati, in the past I was able to earn all trophies from another of their games when nobody at the time had 100% trophies yet. I hope the case is the same and nobody put enough effort to get all the trophies from this game.

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Considering the game has been out for 4 years and no one has the Plat, it's pretty safe to assume this trophy is bugged :(.

It's only one trophy so I'm not completely sure is bugged. Hopefully someone who played the game can answer the question.

Played this but have not come close to beating the game or completing the bestiary so can’t say if it’s bugged or not. I will say though it’s odd that remains at 0 while harder ones were obtained.

For example, on Steam 14.9% of all players unlocked Judgment while only 2.7% killed all bosses and 2.1% beat it on Elite mode. Those numbers make me think it MIGHT be bugged on PS4. Unless players just didn’t bother going for it but if you went through all that you should have the Bestiary filled out mostly.

Also, don’t know if it was just me, but I found this game tough as nails. Played it on PC for a long time then tried the PS4 port because was a Kickstarter backer and got a free key for it. Thought it might be a smoother ride and less struggles (it was kinda janky on Steam), but I didn’t play long. Will get back to it one day so I’m interested in your pursuit here. Curious if you do well and maybe tactics used. I’m definitely rooting for you!

Edit: here’s a WIP bestiary on Steam. Some users have left comments with other ones they found: Link

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 2

On 15/7/2022 at 0:51 PM, NMErickson said:

Played this but have not come close to beating the game or completing the bestiary so can’t say if it’s bugged or not. I will say though it’s odd that remains at 0 while harder ones were obtained.

For example, on Steam 14.9% of all players unlocked Judgment while only 2.7% killed all bosses and 2.1% beat it on Elite mode. Those numbers make me think it MIGHT be bugged on PS4. Unless players just didn’t bother going for it but if you went through all that you should have the Bestiary filled out mostly.

Also, don’t know if it was just me, but I found this game tough as nails. Played it on PC for a long time then tried the PS4 port because was a Kickstarter backer and got a free key for it. Thought it might be a smoother ride and less struggles (it was kinda janky on Steam), but I didn’t play long. Will get back to it one day so I’m interested in your pursuit here. Curious if you do well and maybe tactics used. I’m definitely rooting for you!

Edit: here’s a WIP bestiary on Steam. Some users have left comments with other ones they found: Link

I saw that thread when looking for info regarding the beastiary related trophy, it looks like it isn't completed and it haven't been updates in a while. 

Maybe some entries from the bestiary are not properly registered some times or they disappear.

Something similar happened to me with Paranautical Activity, another game published by Digerati, where a couple of in-game unlocks (challenges or something similar) were gone after I completed them. One of those unlocks disappear a second time. The solution was to earn another unlocks and fortunately those unlocks stayes as obtained thereafter.

Hopefully the platinum from this game is achievable but a little glitched. I'll give the game a go after I'm done with the game I'm currently working on.

Edited by Deceptrox

What is up with Digerati and the trophies on their games. I’m playing one now from them that has 0% plat achievers. For one trophy they made a menu needed for co-op inaccessible to console players. By dumb luck I found out a workaround and popped the trophy. Another trophy you seemingly can only get on the PC version which is weird because they took out other PC-style trophies for the PS4 version. Must of have missed one. And finally another has the tracking wrong so you actually need like 100x what the trophy states. When I commented on a YT vid from the dev he said the port was out of his hands, done by the publisher who hired a 3rd party, didn’t know if was accidental removal of a mode, will discuss with publisher, and hopes for resolution. I feel bad for dev’s who don’t get their games properly ported or something wrong with it. It can make them look bad. Have played other games published by Digerati and didn’t encounter problems so it’s hit or miss or maybe lost in translation with this 3rd party he mentioned. Probably a porting company.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I went ahead and I've been playing the game for some hours between today and yesterday and I'm sure it will take me a while to try to earn all trophies from this game.

I'm crossing my fingers to find out that "Judgement" is not unobtainable but rather hard to get which could be the case considering you don't get a journal entry every time you kill a creature but it's a random drop. I had a hard time figuring out how to beat Leviathan, I managed to do so on my fourth attempt (it took some rounds to get there) when I find out that once you rip off his tale segments you need to harpoon his eye three times to kill it.

I reached bounty number 5 out of 9 some time ago but Rackjaw ended my run, that worm-shaped bastard is not only large but the fastest monster in the game according to the journal entry I found when I was looking for a non-existant strategh to beat him, I guess I'll do as the journal says, try to be faster and harpoon its head for and instant win.

Let's just hope nobody has earned "Judgement" due to the difficulty of making it to harder monsters and the possibility that getting their bestiary entry is even harder.

• Like 2

I got to the last bounty (9) but the game screwed me. I was doing fine, everything was going smooth until I re-entered one enemy area in bounty 8 (I completed a couple areas prior to that), after engaging into combat with a couple enemies that bait you with useful items the game started to have sound issues and it began to lag I was able to complete that enemy area and went straight to the boss to avoid further issues. I kept getting lag and the game stopped a handful of times but each time after some to many seconds I was able to control the playable character again but the sound issues persisted.

During the last bounty there was no sound but the game kept lagging and freezing. I even froze for more than 10 minutes and was ultimately defeated due to those terrible technical issues. I hope I don't find the same issues again, otherwise I'll know why nobody has the platinum yet regardless if the trophy is bugged or not.

By the way, the 7th and 8th bounties only had the abyss biome as the only choice, without the rune that leaves a trail of water circles after throwing your weapon and a few other runes for the spear besides speed enhancing runes for the ship, that biome would have been a nightmare due to the enemies in there, specially the smallest ones because of their high numbers.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

I just had to end a promising run on bounty #5 at the boss fight after previously having beating Leviathan easier than the first time but not without taking moderate damage due the the game freezing once more. I don't know what it's triggering these issues, maybe to spend too much time in a level or in a boss fight? Or maybe the character I'm using (Emerald Jones)? I'm playing the game on a PS4 slim, maybe a pro or playing it on PS5 will have better performance.

I found out that the health stealing rune effect stack if you have more than one. Regardless of their level (1 - 4), they only have a 3% chance to steal health but when you get lucky and get that 3%, all your equipped health stealing runes will steal health. I had 3 of those runes, 2 with a chance to steal 2 health, and one with a chance  to steal 4. I got 8 health back each time I got lucky and my chance landed in that 3%.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

On 15/7/2022 at 0:51 PM, NMErickson said:

I forgot to mention that after checking the steam thread regarding that achievement I learned that it was bugged in favor of the players, "Judgement" popped when players didn't complete all the journal entries but only about half of it (if I recall correctly), that explains why that achievement is less rarer than other achievements.

If you check at PSN rarity on the app, it's the rarest trophy, probably that percentange are filled with mostly hackers but let's hope there are a few or at least one legit achiever there.

I like the game but what I hate besides the technical issues is that most of the times you can't see the bosses while fighting them which makes beating them without losing health more difficult, especially if they are fast. 

PD: I have almost completed the forest entries of the journal but I haven't gotten even one abyss entry, I'm crossing my fingers to find out that the randomness of the entries drops in the abyss biome is the cause for the lack of platinum achievers.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

I just beat the game, fortunately I didn't have any issues except for a little rune description text displaying even after I closed the inventory but it wasn't something too important and it was gone after I completed that bounty (#8 against the Megalodon boss).

The bounties you get are indeed completely random since the first time I got to the last bounty (#9) I got a bounty with no true description but rather a missing information, error, or something similar as the description and a picture of a squid-like creature however upon starting that bounty the Titan of the Seas a.k.a. White Whale made its entrance. This time I got a regular bounty in the forest biome with zero bounty as reward as my last bounty and with all my gear it was a piece of cake.

It's a shame I couldn't get 500k as my final score to also earn the trophy that requires you to beat the game with that amount of money, I got around 350k or less.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

I was able to complete the game in under 60 minutes some hours earlier. You need to complete the easiest bounties you get (or the less difficult if you don't get "easy" ones e.g. the ones that has lesser armored body parts/limbs that can block your attacks) as much as possible. This means try to get as many useful runes in the first 2 or 3 bounties, then in another bounty if it's in a forest or crystal biome, or even in the desert biome if you have good offense power for your spear and speed enhancing runes for your ship and if you don't get worms or other normal enemies that take too long to kill. On the other bounties you need to rush to the boss avoiding other enemies to save time and health. 

The abyss biome  will give you a hard time but I found out that some bosses are easier to kill by circling them (you need to have enough room and beware of the jellyfish-like enemies as they can screw your run if you are not careful) rather than trying to shoot at them while they chase you due to their high speed, however several health recovering items in your inventory are a must.

If you don't get or buy enough useful runes it's a better idea to restart but not by pressing the restart button as the new game will keep your current time, go to main menu and choose new game there instead.

• Like 1

What might cause lagging/freezing and audio issues is playing the game for too long and maybe if you are playing as the Old Man.

I was in the middle of a run of to beat the game with 500,000 money and started to have the same issues at the middle of the run at over 2 hours. The odd thing is that I spend almost 4 hours in a run with Emerald Jones and I was able to complete the run without major issues, unfortunately without enough money, which makes me think only the Old Man could trigger this issues when taking too long in you run.

• Like 1

Quick Update:

It looks than you will only get the While Whale to spawn in the last bounty if you are playing as the Old Man, otherwise you'll get a bounty in the forest area worth zero money (you still get money from killing other fish and opening chests in that last bounty).

I'm trying to beat the game with Emerald Jones (the green guy) due to his faster ship speed, and higher boost power and rechargebut I keep getting a $0 bounty boss in the forest biome as my 9th bounty. I manage to make over $450k but I always finish around  ~30k short to unlock elite mode. 

• Like 2

I had a good run as the Old Man, I was even able to beat the game unfortunately I didn't get the Big Squid that allows the White Whale to spawn as my final bounty but a Forest Biome bounty will zero reward. I was only 16k money short from unlocking Elite Mode therefore I'm pissed.

It seems that unfortunately playing as the Old Man doesn't guaratee you'll get the While Whale boss in your last bounty which is a shame considering that defeating that boss nets you 100k.

On the other hand, I'm almost done with the Forest and Crystal biomes entrances from the journal, only 3 in total for those, I cannot say the same for the Desert and Abyss biomes since they still have a good number of entrances missing.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to collect most of the bestiary entries and I wrote down the names of the enemies that haven't dropped their entries just yet. I was able to kill all enemies but one which is the last boss, the White Whale. The bestiary contains one entry by default from an enemy that according to its entry is extinct and it doesn't appear in the game as far as I know. There is one entry that while I'm not 100% sure I suspect it belongs to a spawn from the While Whale.

There is also one critter that doesn't have an entry which is the Firefly enemy, it can only be found in the Desert Biome and doesn't attack the player. Likewise, there is another enemy that lacks an entry, the Giant Squid that is eaten by the White Whale and the player has to fight inside the belly of the Whale.

In my opinion, there is a small posibility that the trophy cannot be earned due to the lack of an entry for those two enemies. Let's hope the code for the trophy is related to the number of entries in the bestiary and not to the actual number of fish/enemies. If the former is true, then the reason why nobody has the trophy yet might be that the White Whale and possible its spawns (Baby Titans) haven't drop their entries yet for those players and they haven't tried to get to that boss again/more times considering they may have to fight it several times until its journal entry (and from the spawns) finally drops.

Here is the full list (what I have so far and what I know that belongs in the missing entries):

Forest Biome:

Starbait:

Frogie

Froglet

Asterfish:

Skittish Leap Frog

Whaletongued Bull Frog

Thorned Tri Frog

Shelled Squidlet

Shelled Hulksquid

Shelled Megasquid

Bitterfly

Chompchaser

Chompzilla

Elderfish:

Belch Brothers

Megalarch

Nom Nom Nom

Great Ghuza

Poe Tayto (extinct)

Kingfish:

*Charybdis

Crystal Biome:

Startbait:

Crystal Minnow

Crystal Piranha

Asterfish:

Icepoker

Icepiercer

Icecrusher

Crystal Spitter

Crystal Drake

Crystal Dragon

Puffling

Puffer

Frost Puffer

Elderfish:

Moonsplitter

*Wyv The Elder

Puff Daddy

Grasslasher

Krakhammer

Kingfish:

Leviathan

Desert Biome:

Starbait:

*Buzzler

Beetleling

Asterfish:

Beetle Warrior

Beetle Queen

Beetle King

Sandchawer

Sandspewer

*Sandwrither

Erakno Spitter

Erakno Trailer

*Erakno Destroyer

Elderfish:

Rackjaw

King Dreadnaught

*Adaea the Weaver

Queen Verminess

Vilemoth

Kingfish:

*Cthulhu

Abyss Biome: 

Starbait:

*Baby Titan?

Starbasher

Asterfish:

Palebell

Winged Arcjabber

Winged Arcspitter

Winged Arcsprayer

*Star Angel

Star Archangel

*Star Seraph

Goblinlurker

*Reef Goblin,

*Nethergoblin

Elderfish: 

*The Seven Blights

Athrel The Fallen

*Doomreaper

Megalodon

Kingfish:

*Titanfish (also known as the Titan Of The Stars and the White Whale)

Appendix:

Starbait: fish that spawns out of nowhere and travel in groups, a few of them don't attack (Frogie, Crystal Minnow, Buzzer)

Asterfish: regular enemies

Elderfish: bosses

Kingfish: huge boss that is fought in its own screen

*: I haven't collected yet.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

Nice! That’s extremely useful. Hopefully you’ll be able to round out the rest.

Something I didn’t think to do before was to check PSN and other sites to gauge how many have gotten it. PSN overall says 4.4% for Judgement and the Plat. All other trophies have slightly higher percentages. I’m guessing just a couple or a handful of people obtained them. On PSN Trophy Leaders site it says 1 of 49 players have them and that’s 2% of the players. I don’t use that site but ever since someone somehow found me there to ask me about a trophy I sometimes check it if PSN Profiles doesn’t have an achiever. Can see what kind of players have it. But for Blacksea’s it’s blank so maybe they’re banned, hidden, or private. Unless a patch broke it or something, they at least seem obtainable.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

I also noticed that on PSNTrophyLeaders the stats say there is one platinum achiever but nobody has actually got that last trophy, that's because those are the stats from a hacker.

I think the trophy isn't bugged but the RNG related to the entries drop are preventing the people who only has that trophy left to earn the platinum. E.g. I've defeated the last boss from the Crystal Biome whose entry I still need more than 10 times since yesterday and got nothing. If you take into account that making it to the Titanfish you need to play as the Old Man, who has awful ship stats, and get to the last bounty (9th) and it doesn't guarantee you'll get the Titanfish since it's random to get it, I believe those two players just got bored trying and moved on. And if the game lags, that makes it even worse. I got a bored too, but I'll keep coming back from time to time, I just hope not to have too much lag or issues at all.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

The PC version took a long time to improve and be optimized. Even then it wasn’t perfect and I don’t think it was the PC hardware I was running. But I’m still curious if it might play better on a PS5. If only for the lag. You can’t fix crappy made games but maybe the extra horsepower would help slightly.

Nothing can help RNG though, that’s for sure.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

Well, I checked the Steam threads of this game and it looks like that at launch the game didn't have as many enemies as the current version that probably explains why people could earn this trophy while only getting half or less of the entries in the bestiary.

I also saw a thread started by the person who is first in the leaderboards for this game on this site asking what is entry #52 of the bestiary which is exactly the only entry whose name I completely ignore, and nobody answered. I also messaged him on PSN  to no avail as of now.

Due to the place entry #52 has in the bestiary it should belong in the Baitfish category of the Abyss biome, however I've only found one baitfish type in that biome so far. Unless the Baby Titan enemy, which only spawns during the Titan of the Stars boss fight, is the actual entry that belongs there this will probably explain why no one has the platinum since there is no enemy, or at least it hasn't been coded properly or at all to spawn, for that entry.

I still need some entries but I'll keep trying until I'm completely sure the trophy "Judgement" is unobtainable or I earn the platinum.

Edited by Deceptrox

• 1 month later...

Just dropping in on this thread as Deceptrox pointed me to it. The trophy is incredibly RNG dependent and grindy, but may be possible. Without having a confirmed drop of every number it's hard to tell, especially as no one's really sure what #52 is. The only thing I can see #52 being is the Baby Titan, but it's a nightmare trying to farm that as it's an end game enemy and half the time the game bugs and doesn't give you that fight.

To chip in on Deceptox's list above, I can confirm Buzzler, Sandwrither, Cthulu, Reefgoblin, Seven Blights, Doomreaper and Titan of the Stars all drop.

I'm missing Charbydiss, Crystal Piranha, Wyv the Elder, Beetle Warrior, Beetle Queen, Sandchewer, RackJaw, Adaea, Vilemoth, #52, Star Angel, Star Archangel, Star Seraph and Nethergoblin. (Bold ones are ones that we're both missing and so might be bugged).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, whoadreader said:

Just dropping in on this thread as Deceptrox pointed me to it. The trophy is incredibly RNG dependent and grindy, but may be possible. Without having a confirmed drop of every number it's hard to tell, especially as no one's really sure what #52 is. The only thing I can see #52 being is the Baby Titan, but it's a nightmare trying to farm that as it's an end game enemy and half the time the game bugs and doesn't give you that fight.

To chip in on Deceptox's list above, I can confirm Buzzler, Sandwrither, Cthulu, Reefgoblin, Seven Blights, Doomreaper and Titan of the Stars all drop.

I'm missing Charbydiss, Crystal Piranha, Wyv the Elder, Beetle Warrior, Beetle Queen, Sandchewer, RackJaw, Adaea, Vilemoth, #52, Star Angel, Star Archangel, Star Seraph and Nethergoblin. (Bold ones are ones that we're both missing and so might be bugged).

Thank you for dropping by and for sharing your experience with the game.

I also defeated Wyv the Elder several times to no avail but I assume I just didn't have luck so far. Hopefully the Baby Titan is the missing entry if that's a bait fish.

Don't hesitate to post any news about this game. Thank you again.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

@whoadreader, @NMErickson, @HuntingFever, I finally discovered what the name of the elusive entry #52 is, like it was obvious due to it's possition it's a Starbait named Starglider. As suggested by its type of creature it should be a harmless creature from the Abyss biome just like the Frogie, the Crystal Minnow, and the Buzzler are to their respective biomes. The bad news is that it most likely does not spawn due to error in coding or the developers problably forgot to add it to the code as I don't recall encountering any other Starbait in the Abyss biome aside from the Starbasher. 

The only solution that comes to my mind is to try to downgrade the game to version 1.0 (the current version is 1.02), that is if the game was released as version 1.0 on PS4, to see if we could earn the trophy just like the Steam players who earned the respective achievement did since there wasn't as many entries when the game was released and the developers added more bestiary entries after the game was out. Maybe someone who has a Steam account can contact one of the developers to ask them is the Starglider spawns at all.

The Bestiary should look like this (the order of some entries from the same category could be different though, e.g. Doomreaper could be in The Seven Blights place and vice versa):

Forest Biome:

Starbait:

1. Frogie

2. Froglet

Asterfish:

3. Skittish Leap Frog

4. Whaletongued Bull Frog

5. Thorned Tri Frog

6. Shelled Squidlet

7. Shelled Hulksquid

8. Shelled Megasquid

9. Bitterfly

10. Chompchaser

11.Chompzilla

Elderfish:

12. Belch Brothers

13. Megalarch

14. Nom Nom Nom

15. Great Ghuza

16. Poe Tayto (extinct)

Kingfish:

17. Charybdis

Crystal Biome:

Startbait:

18. Crystal Minnow

19. Crystal Piranha

Asterfish:

20. Icepoker

21. Icepiercer

22. Icecrusher

23. Crystal Spitter

24. Crystal Drake

25. Crystal Dragon

26. Puffling

27. Puffer

28. Frost Puffer

Elderfish:

29. Moonsplitter

30. Wyv The Elder

31. Puff Daddy

32. Grasslasher

33. Krakhammer

Kingfish:

34. Leviathan

Desert Biome:

Starbait:

35. Buzzler

36. Beetleling

Asterfish:

37. Beetle Warrior

38. Beetle Queen

39. Beetle King

40. Sandchawer

41. Sandspewer

42. Sandwrither

43. Erakno Spitter

44. Erakno Trailer

45. Erakno Destroyer

Elderfish:

46. Rackjaw

47. King Dreadnaught

48. Adaea The Weaver

49. Queen Verminess

50. Vilemoth

Kingfish:

51. Cthulhu

Abyss Biome: 

Starbait:

52. Starglider (unobtainable?)

53. Starbasher

Asterfish:

54. Palebell

55. Winged Arcjabber

56. Winged Arcspitter

57. Winged Arcsprayer

58 Star Angel

59. Star Archangel

60. Star Seraph

61. Goblinlurker

62. Reef Goblin

63. Nethergoblin

Elderfish: 

64. The Seven Blights

65. Athrel The Fallen

66. Doomreaper

67. Megalodon

Kingfish:

68. Titan Of The Stars

Appendix:

Starbait: fish that spawns out of nowhere and travel in groups, a few of them don't attack (Frogie, Crystal Minnow, Buzzer)

Asterfish: regular enemies

Elderfish: bosses

Kingfish: huge boss that is fought in its own screen

The ones in bold and red are the ones I'm still missing.

Additionally, The Colossal Squid (or Giant Squid), the Baby Titan, and the Firefly don't have an entry.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1