"Judgement" Bugged or drops too random?

Deceptrox

How did you find the name of the missing enemy? 

I downgraded my game to 1.00 and unfortunately still no sign of the Starglider. I even got another bestiary entry (Star Seraph) to see if the early unlock bug was still in it, but no luck. Outside of some bug unlocking it early, I'm pretty sure this trophy is unobtainable

29 minutes ago, whoadreader said:

How did you find the name of the missing enemy? 

I downgraded my game to 1.00 and unfortunately still no sign of the Starglider. I even got another bestiary entry (Star Seraph) to see if the early unlock bug was still in it, but no luck. Outside of some bug unlocking it early, I'm pretty sure this trophy is unobtainable

I had to look into the files of the PC version using an internet web page tool where I only dragged a file and were able to see up to 55% of the text, all bestiary names were listed in one of the files that had all the bestiary names including the elusive Starglider which I think wasn't properly coded to spawn that is unless the name is written incorrectly in the code. 

Last night I played as the other two characters I've never used (Xezemoth and Rade) before to check if by any chance the Starglider spawns in the Abyss when pllaying as them but I had no luck. I also killed a lot of Buzzlers but I didn't get the bestiary entry.

Here's a link about how to downgrade by just disabling your PS4 network connection:

My logic for downgrading is that hopefully the code is the same as in the Steam version where "Judgement" was earned by collecting half of the entries in the bestiary, starting the game from scratch. I will test that either after my PS+ subscripcion expires or if I decide to renew it before November. I want to make sure is we can earn the trophy using this workaround or if we are stuck with an unobtainable platinum.

I also tried to ask the lead Abyss biome designer (someone with the id KSH on Steam) but I couldn't reply to a topic where he states he was the lead designer of that biome or message him at all since my account is brand new and have to add or spend money before.

54 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

also tried to ask the lead Abyss biome designer (someone with the id KSH on Steam) but I couldn't reply to a topic where he states he was the lead designer of that biome or message him at all since my account is brand new and have to add or spend money before.

If you want to type out a message, just direct me where to send it and I will :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

If you want to type out a message, just direct me where to send it and I will :)

Thank you for the offer.

I wanted to ask the guy by the id KSH (post #8) from the link below if the Starglider enemy from the Abyss biome was actually coded to spawn since I've never seen such enemy and if that enemy does spawn how can we make a pack of them spawn.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/369550/discussions/0/141136086917584287/

Hopefully he can confirm if the enemy spawns or not and if the trophy can be earned in version 1.0 of the game.

Edited by Deceptrox

• 1 month later...

I got a response :)

If you mean the Kingfish, or 'super-boss' of the Abyss Biome, this unfortunately never left the drawing board, due to immediate time constraints. This was supposed to be the most epic Biome-specific boss: a four-stage fight against an absolute monstrosity of a kind of deep sea -dwelling giant squid with a very intense and fast-moving gameplay unlike any of the other Kingfishes.

These are my old *preliminary* overview notes for the fight:

Before the fight begins we must of course be introduced to the monstrosity in some way, but after that, these battle phases will be played out (I won’t go into much detail here):

Phase One: The squid is pretty much stationary at this point, and will let its two tentacle 'beings' do its fighting for it - this way it conserves energy. The two tentacle 'beings' at the end of each feeding tentacle will attempt to hunt the player individually (by using, among other things, a form of harpoon launched from their mouths). The squid can at this point only be harmed by killing these two tentacle beings, and ripping off their light sources in the end.

Phase Two: After killing the two tentacle beings, the squid will start to move more, and to replace the light sources lost it will put forth another light source (a very large one). This light source is attached quite near to the squid’s mouth. The only way to progress is to attack the light source, but when attacked it will be drawn faster, and faster towards the mouth of the squid - the mouth has a very powerful suction force, and the player must keep attacking it, as it and the player are coming very close to the mouth….more on this soon. I will say though that the two feeding tentacles are still very dangerous without their ‘living’ heads (having been killed by the player). An epic struggle will continue until it loses both its *huge* feeding tentacles, and only has the short tentacles left, and two light sources will be destroyed in the process.

Phase Three: Here the squid (without its feeding tentacles) becomes very 'pissed off', and it uses all its energy to move quickly and target the player very aggressively. It will just explode with fury. It will use its armoured head to ram into the player, and much more deadly: it will try to surprise the player by moving very fast, tentacles forward, and trying to suck the player into its deadly jaws, coming at the player from different angles etc. In this furious phase, the player can only interrupt the suction-force of the mouth by very quickly aiming for and hitting some small vulnerable areas near the mouth - but each successful hit will only give you a little bit of respite…

Phase Four: This phase will begin when the player has been able to pull off a bit of armour that was covering the mouth, and the attachments of the remaining tentacles - exposing the vulnerable points which can be targeted with the harpoon. The squid will alternate now between being furious and exhausted and now the player must target the remaining tentacles, and to do that the player must navigate between two moving tentacles, and it will not be pretty if the player touches the tentacles in any way on this delicate journey… ;) Eventually the player will rip apart the squid and be victorious.

• Like 2