Upgrading question

kitthirteen

Ok I've only spent 5 hours on this game, but there are a million guides, FAQ's etc and I just wanna be clear: All the components (begrimed fangs and such) are only used to give exp to weapons/accessories to level them up, yeah? The accessories themselves are what's important to keep for the Treasure Hunter Trophy, but how you use the components is up to you?

Ok I've only spent 5 hours on this game, but there are a million guides, FAQ's etc and I just wanna be clear: All the components (begrimed fangs and such) are only used to give exp to weapons/accessories to level them up, yeah? The accessories themselves are what's important to keep for the Treasure Hunter Trophy, but how you use the components is up to you?

I would like to give you my advise just in case you are looking for the plat. Never sell your weapons or rings (specially element rings) to buy more components to level a weapon. There are specific items u can only get in a chapter or two and selling those can be your trophy death..

You are correct. But I wouldn't mind upgrading until you beat the game and know exactly what party you'll use and what weapons you are going to keep.

Don't worry about upgrading anything just yet. You can pretty much go through the whole game without a single upgrade. Only start upgrading when you're ready to go after the trophy or for post-game..all you'll really need to upgrade for post game though is 3 weapons. 1 for each of the characters you'll be playing with.

• Like 1

yes you only need to get all weapons and accessories.  As far as the components (if you haven't noticed yet), the "nature" components give your weapon little exp but increase your multiplier and the "machine" components give a significant amount of exp but decrease your multiplier.  You can tell which is which by the symbol next to the components (the machine ones are screws while the nature ones are some other symbol.)  Hope this helps if your going for the plat :D

yes you only need to get all weapons and accessories.  As far as the components (if you haven't noticed yet), the "nature" components give your weapon little exp but increase your multiplier and the "machine" components give a significant amount of exp but decrease your multiplier.  You can tell which is which by the symbol next to the components (the machine ones are screws while the nature ones are some other symbol.)  Hope this helps if your going for the plat :D

Thanks, I've got it figured out now--but let's not get carried away talking about the plat. :blink:

• Like 1