100% Platinum Walkthrough & DLC

Optinooby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished planning the main playthrough, but for anybody who is perhaps following this in its current state, I think everything will work correctly here except for 1 trophy due to, I guess what I have read in trophy guides being incorrect.

I still have a few reloads to make and plan yet in order for the other ending trophies, everything may work out yet, but just letting ya know just incase because at the moment, I'm not very confident about 1 particular trophy.

The Trophy is 'A Big Step Towards Peace'. I've read everywhere that you need one faction at Nice or lower to qualify for this, but I have one at Nice and they have all still joined me, which shouldnt happen unless Friendly apparently! Much more to the dialogue options in this game than we know!

There are a few SQs already mentioned in the walkthrough above that don't need doing, I will be removing these when I proof-check everything and fixing that trophy above if I can't trigger it. Will also be leaving the SQ - COIN GUARD MERCHANDISE until end game I think so the Coin Guard are at Suspicious and hopefully that will fix the trophy above.

Then it is just a brief spell of clean-up and a very brief 2nd playthrough for the final romance trophy!!

One more thing is for those wanting to play blind, but also pop everything optimally in regards to trophies, from my experience, if you want EVERYTHING to work out exactly in regards to missable trophies like I've mentioned above, then you would need to follow EVERY action of mine above accurately!!! Some dialogue options and certain actions have a massive impact later on, much later and so following me exactly is the only way to be 100% certain. Perhaps a bit overkill doing everything exactly the same, but without hundreds of hours to test each little dialogue variable, it's the safest way!!

If you look around the net at Trophy Guides and the comments, no bad intentions towards and Authors, but there are so many dialogue variables in this game, you would be able to see that even following Trophy Guides, things can still not work out!!

Listing every single action and choice is the only sure -fire way and from what I've seen, I think this is the first walkthrough to accurately detail every single action!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The Trophy is 'A Big Step Towards Peace'. I've read everywhere that you need one faction at Nice or lower to qualify for this, but I have one at Nice and they have all still joined me, which shouldnt happen unless Friendly apparently! Much more to the dialogue options in this game than we know!

I didn't do Face of Egon (coin guard sq) and i got that trophy even if everyone was friendly i believe (on ps4)

Right now i am there so i will skip your guide and still won't do it, i just hope the rest of your choises won't mess it up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I didn't do Face of Egon (coin guard sq) and i got that trophy even if everyone was friendly i believe (on ps4)

Right now i am there so i will skip your guide and still won't do it, i just hope the rest of your choises won't mess it up

I haven't even unlocked Face of Egon on the Walkthrough so far above because if I finish Dirty Traffic (the SQ before Egon), that puts Coin Guard to friendly!! It's why I've held off from handing that in!!

Most guide say don't do Face of Egon till last because it will put Coin Guard to friendly, but they must have missed some reputation cause I get to Friendly on previous SQ.

I've actually just read some steam comments that said they got it with everyone at Friendly, maybe it will work out, I think it's more related to current standing in terms of alliances as opposed to reputation status.

My problem is that when doing the ending with Derdre, all factions joined, so I'm just hoping siding with Dunncas for the crown, does something so Coin Guard don't join...

Will hopefully be able to see soon enough once I get time to reload for the other 2 kings

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm doing Dunncas next, hopefully it works, if not though you may be able to pick or perform specifics actions or dialogue during the Dirty Traffic and Face of Egon SQs to loose favour with the Coin Guards.

Doing the ending with Ullan, the Coin Guard still decided to help, maybe giving crown to Dunncas will change that, will find out soon but I'm not hopeful. Seiglinde in Coin Barracks says he helps because I didn't dishonor them and the ending says they are still doing stuff despite some traitors still in their ranks. So the outcome with them isn't perfect, but seems the correct actions was taken that make them join the alliance!!

So the way around it if it doesnt work, which I still need to test is to either leave the Coin Guard Merchandise SQ until end game as well (we did it earlier), or pick certain negative outcomes during the remaining SQs with them if possible.

Or perhaps go along with a different faction being negative altogether......guess things still to finalise.

Also, a few changes is I added a 777a and I think 777b, and I think a 778a, b and c as well. They are just to optimise a little more otherwise would mean revisiting the same spot later on, this way we do all at once while in a certain area.

I may change Talent allocation as well so would go Vigor > Intuition > Charisma instead of Science after Intuition as don't really use it, I did do on 1st blind playthrough which is why I thought would need it.

There are also a few different ways to make things a little more optimal which I may change on next platinum, just a small reshuffle but a lot of it there is too much to reshuffle so won't be like a perfected optimal quest order, but more or less will be.

So now just hoping everything pops ok on Dunncas endings now...

@sephiroth4424 BY THE WAY, have you been following it all then, if so, has it all worked out exactly so far....???

Edited by Optinooby

12 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

@sephiroth4424 BY THE WAY, have you been following it all then, if so, has it all worked out exactly so far....???

I am at 300. I stopped there in case you made some changes. If it doesn't work, can we get that trophy in second pt by just doing main quests? We have to do a semi pt for Aphra's trophy

Oh, the only differences till 300 are the level ones (i am 2 levels above without going out of the way) and an option at 37

-Ask why the Nauts would have taken their son (if available).- (it wasn't available for me)

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I am at 300. I stopped there in case you made some changes. If it doesn't work, can we get that trophy in second pt by just doing main quests? We have to do a semi pt for Aphra's trophy

Yea got speedrun NG a 2nd time quickly to romance Aphra but shouldn't take long.

We need to do everything else in 1st playthrough really. You can do other stuff in the 2nd run, but some trophies will require spending ages doing everything which we don't want to otherwise it means doing 2 full runs instead of 1.2 runs.

If you're on step 300, nothing else will really change from there as that Coin Guard Merchandise SQ which I may need to be left until later, has already been done by that point iirc. It's something I gotta check myself yet though to make sure all works out fine.

The Aspiring Merchant SQ btw, Im wanting to remove all steps of that completely once we clean this up.

For that missable ending trophy I'm not sure off which I mentioned further up, it maybe the case that if you avoid doing any SQ Dirty Traffic steps until end game, and perhaps then it will work out ok.....??

I've still a few things to test, but if you follow it in its current form, everything will still work except for the TROPHY 'A Bug Step Towards Peace' which I'm not sure of it. 

I will know in about 24 hours if it can be popped or not with the walkthrough in its current draft

• Like 1

I will be playing this game next week, so thank you so much for the walkthrough! I was overwhelmed for the amount of missables reading other guides, but with this I feel confident enough to start. Let us know if that trophy works for you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yea got speedrun NG a 2nd time quickly to romance Aphra but shouldn't take long.

We need to do everything else in 1st playthrough really. You can do other stuff in the 2nd run, but some trophies will require spending ages doing everything which we don't want to otherwise it means doing 2 full runs instead of 1.2 runs.

If you're on step 300, nothing else will really change from there as that Coin Guard Merchandise SQ which I may need to be left until later, has already been done by that point iirc. It's something I gotta check myself yet though to make sure all works out fine.

The Aspiring Merchant SQ btw, Im wanting to remove all steps of that completely once we clean this up.

For that missable ending trophy I'm not sure off which I mentioned further up, it maybe the case that if you avoid doing any SQ Dirty Traffic steps until end game, and perhaps then it will work out ok.....??

I've still a few things to test, but if you follow it in its current form, everything will still work except for the TROPHY 'A Bug Step Towards Peace' which I'm not sure of it. 

I will know in about 24 hours if it can be popped or not with the walkthrough in its current draft

I am certain i did everything in one pt on ps4 but i used several guides. I prefer yours since it's all-in-one. 

If ''A Big Step Towards Peace'' can be done in secont pt with speedrun, don't change anything from current guide, it's not worth it.

But i am certain that when i did it on ps4, it worked by just not doing Face of Egon. Someone else tested it at that time and got the same results as me

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

I will be playing this game next week, so thank you so much for the walkthrough! I was overwhelmed for the amount of missables reading other guides, but with this I feel confident enough to start. Let us know if that trophy works for you!

Of course Kefka ;)!! The guide isn't fully done yet, updating and testing as I go, but once I learn complete new parts, will all be added. Testing that trophy in the current draft is next so will be updated with that info by the weekend!

17 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I am certain i did everything in one pt on ps4 but i used several guides. I prefer yours since it's all-in-one. 

If ''A Big Step Towards Peace'' can be done in secont pt with speedrun, don't change anything from current guide, it's not worth it.

But i am certain that when i did it on ps4, it worked by just not doing Face of Egon. Someone else tested it at that time and got the same results as me

I want to pop it all in 1.2, if I can pop it in the current draft, will just mean some small changes is all.

Yea, I've read so many contradictions, I think it's just coincidence. For every post I've read it has worked fine, I've found a few where things didn't work, yet those 'apparent believed conditions' were are still met.

I think this trophy in particular isn't neccesarily linked to Nice or Friendly, but is actually linked to specific dialogue choices. And because nobody mentions those, it's just coincidence that those that say it worked fine, they just picked the same dialogue......just me theory.

I've read alliances won't join unless friendly, but mine all have, I've also read that Coin guard will still be at Nice as long as Face of Egon isn't done, whereas mine could be at Friendly before that. I've also read you need to convince Mother Cardinal to reveal the truth about the tablets, but I avoided that and everything has worked out so far regarding that choice which apparently shouldn't.

When I read all over the net, honestly I read so much conflicting info!! I should know soon enough anyway!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Of course Kefka ;)!! The guide isn't fully done yet, updating and testing as I go, but once I learn complete new parts, will all be added. Testing that trophy in the current draft is next so will be updated with that info by the weekend!

I want to pop it all in 1.2, if I can pop it in the current draft, will just mean some small changes is all.

Yea, I've read so many contradictions, I think it's just coincidence. For every post I've read it has worked fine, I've found a few where things didn't work, yet those 'apparent believed conditions' were are still met.

I think this trophy in particular isn't neccesarily linked to Nice or Friendly, but is actually linked to specific dialogue choices. And because nobody mentions those, it's just coincidence that those that say it worked fine, they just picked the same dialogue......just me theory.

I've read alliances won't join unless friendly, but mine all have, I've also read that Coin guard will still be at Nice as long as Face of Egon isn't done, whereas mine could be at Friendly before that. I've also read you need to convince Mother Cardinal to reveal the truth about the tablets, but I avoided that and everything has worked out so far regarding that choice which apparently shouldn't.

When I read all over the net, honestly I read so much conflicting info!! I should know soon enough anyway!!

According to my post regarding A Big Step, i got it when:

-Every Faction joined

-Every Companion was alive

-Didn't finish Face of Egon (but it was present in quest log)

-Kill Constantine (i think i sided with Duncas)

Now that you mention it, i think i revealed the truth about the tablets ( i will do that again)

If you want, try ending the game with the above and see if it pops

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

@Kefka1986 and @sephiroth4424.

It all worked out, phew!!! Guess I was getting wet eyes over nothing xD!! I think having a perfect outcome just means doing the last SQ of all Alliances I think as I left a SQ or 2 with a certain Alliance, a Nice or Friendly rep and trophies still popped fine, anyway though, all done!

It's all done for now, the first main playthrough anyway. It will all work out in its current draft, I've just got a few minor things to juggle around later, but that's mainly for a little more optimisation.

Finishing the last 2 Coin Guard SQs actually fit in pretty well where I put them. I though lt I was going to have to juggle them into the walkthrough somewhere, but seems it's good where they are!

All that's left to do is the clean up and the Aphra romance. Then of course I need to finally format this and start practicing the route to record!!

If anybody does follow it before properly finished, please let me know how it all goes!!

Thanks ;)

Amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!! I think I'll start next week after I finish shadows of mordor, I'll let you know if I find something to improve or fix!! And again, thank you!!! 

• Like 1

All done!!! 2nd partial is really quick actually if you know exact triggers for Aphras SQs. I had to spend a few hours to work out the minimal way to unlock them, once I did though, all went pretty fast. Crazy still to this day, no where knows the minimal requirements to unlock Aphras SQs :(!!

I've learnt a few new things on top of everything else I have learnt:

-- I think you can maybe avoid ALL THE SQs in the prologue area in both playthroughs and still get Platinum so that's something I'm looking into when I do anything run just to proof-read and optimise a little more.

-- I've also learnt that depending on what side of the World Map you are travelling from, it makes the different globes appear to FT to. What I mean is that by default, once you unlock a campfire, it remains unlocked and always an option, but if I warp to a region to the west of my current location, all the campfires in that region will be a FT option, but the East Road globe in that region will also been an option. Now if I'm in a region to the south of that region and then try to FT to it, then the South Road globe will be an option along with the campfires instead of the East Road globe!!! What this means is that potentially less running around if you plan it right, though that remains to be seen!!

Anyway, outside the little bit of extra optimisation and some extra QoL info I need to do add, it's pretty much done except for the videos and formatting!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

Not that it matters, but i think some negative reputation with Coin Guard that results with them being Nice in the end, is given during the MQ Treason.

When i did that on ps4, i arrested the lieutenants which gave me negative points. You skip that objective and go straight to defeat the commander so that may be the reason you end up friendly with Coin Guard.

Also you used some equipment that disguised you as a recruit and got into the barracks from some scallfolding, while i went from the front door and murdered everyone (on ps4)

Those were the steps 429-433 in your guide

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Not that it matters, but i think some negative reputation with Coin Guard that results with them being Nice in the end, is given during the MQ Treason.

When i did that on ps4, i arrested the lieutenants which gave me negative points. You skip that objective and go straight to defeat the commander so that may be the reason you end up friendly with Coin Guard.

Also you used some equipment that disguised you as a recruit and got into the barracks from some scallfolding, while i went from the front door and murdered everyone (on ps4)

Those were the steps 429-433 in your guide

I actually tried those routes you mentioned and went the route I did in the guide because that 'didn't' give me negative points!!

Maybe that is why though!!

There are a few other times where you must avoid the objective altogether to avoid negative points I think.

Though it all works out anyway so all is good ;)!!

Edited by Optinooby

27 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

@Optinooby is there any reason you are not completing the SQ An Aspiring Merchant?

Or have you completed it and i didn't undersand?

Because we end up doing about 26 SQs thereabouts for the 20 SQ trophy and I was hoping to remove any that don't reward Reputation (companion SQs don't count btw).

Aspiring Merchant doesn't give any Reputation, so I complete it to find that out, then reloaded a save before doing it and left it unfinished as a test and yes, everything still works out fine.

When I go through this one more time to further refine this, I will be removing all Aspiring Merchant steps altogether.

AND....

I think I'm going to try and remove all Prologue SQs. We have so much Reputation at the end everywhere, I think I can remove those few, further removing unnecessary clutter.

As mentioned in my last post though, the guide all works in its current form

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Everything worked out fine in first playthrough.

Only note, if you have the dlc installed, you need the three camps in the dlc map for the Explorer trophy.

Maybe if you avoid picking the letter in your residence (it's how the dlc starts), you can avoid those three, it's not a big deal anyway

Great to know that all works fine currently, guess I just have to test my changes next.

Yea my bad with the DLC, I know about it as happened to me first pass through, I had to delete game, then reinstall without DLC for 2nd platinum. Something I need to add amongst much more stuff.

Finishing this up now, I've placed the Old Draft in the 2nd post for now which is still complete and works, and im currently editing the 1st post with the final more optimised draft alongwith the videos and formatting once I get to it.

One final draft is done, i'll update here one more time to notify everybody and likely delete the old draft after a week or so in case anybody is following it at the time.

I did another playthrough and everything still worked out fine skipping prologue SQs and the Aspiring Merchant SQ altogether!

Bringing my notes over here from the PS4 thread, since this one is more heavily trafficked. I can't believe how much misinformation is out there about this game!

Excellent work on this guide, I've been working my way through mostly unoptimized 100%ing it based on the old guides I can find around the Internet. I think the amount of negative/positive points you get from quests heavily depends on which other quests have been done beforehand, and your relative relationships to factions/companions.

• Most side and main quests tend to be an issue between two factions, so I always put those two faction members in my party for maximum dialogue options. A lot of conversations can be passed without skill checks by having Aphra talk to the Bridge, Petrus talk to Theleme, etc.
  • On the Coin Guard side quest, I tried sneaking into the barracks in disguise, but the lieutenant still recognized and attacked me. You lose -1 CG reputation for that, I'm not sure exactly what the trigger is. Thankfully, the Coin Guard will still join the Alliance if their reputation is Nice, so you can afford the points.
  • Kurt gives +1 Craftsmanship and Aphra gives +1 Science once you advance them to Friendly. Combined with the duplication glitch, this makes both of those skills almost entirely redundant, as you can usually swap them into your party when you need to craft or do alchemy for quest purposes. If you're looking to min/max talents, you can get away with 1 in Vigor (you get +2 from armor/Siora), 2 in Lockpicking (+1 from armor), 1 in Charisma (+2 from cape/Petrus), and 2 in Intuition (+1 from Vasco, the Intuition hat is pre-order DLC). Any spare skills can go into whatever talent lets you drop the companion you like the least. :)

I think it should also be possible to avoid some duplication and overlap between the 5 endings as they're currently written. The conditions seem to be:

1. Spare Constantin. Sidequests don't matter, high king doesn't matter.
  2. Give the crown to Ullan, kill Constantin. Sidequests & alliance doesn't matter.
  3. Give the crown to Derdre, kill Constantin. Sidequests & alliance doesn't matter.
  4. Give the crown to Duncass, kill Constantin, not all sidequests completed.
  5. Give the crown to Duncass, kill Constantin, all sidequests completed. Allegedly, this also requires that Theleme reveal the tablets and change their dogma, and that Dr. Asili goes to trial and is found guilty, and that Aphra is in your party during the trial and execution.

So the smallest amount of overlap would be something like:

• Complete all side quests except for The Face of Egon or The Trial (seen conflicting reports, but it sounds like maybe it doesn't matter).
  • Complete the main quest up until A New High King where you get the crown, but before you give it to anyone.
  • Create Save A.
  • Give the crown to Ullan, speedrun to the end of the game (Island for Sale).
  • Load Save A.
  • Give the crown to Derdre, speedrun to the end of the game (Back to the Roots).
  • Load Save A.
  • Give the crown to Duncass, complete the main quest up to Together for Teer Fradee but don't start it.
  • Create Save B.
  • Speedrun to the end of the game, kill Constantin (A Big Step Towards Peace).
  • Load Save B.
  • Finish the last side quests, continue the main quest to the end of the game right before you enter the final boss.
  • Create Save C.
  • Spare Constantin (New Gods).
  • Load Save C.
  • Kill Constantin (A Better World).
  • Like 1