No upgrade for PS4 owners to the PS5 version

DesmaBR

First they sell you the game, that missing some features from previous installments.

They sell you an enhanced in every way "complete" game two years later for the full price without any discount or upgrade path for the owners of the original.

Now they want to sell you the exact same game, but in 60 fps. For the full price, of course.

What's not to like, really.

Probably won't buy P6 at release at this rate. What's the point if there is an improved edition down the line.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

First they sell you the game, that missing some features from previous installments.

They sell you an enhanced in every way "complete" game two years later for the full price without any discount or upgrade path for the owners of the original.

Now they want to sell you the exact same game, but in 60 fps. For the full price, of course.

What's not to like, really.

Probably won't buy P6 at release at this rate. What's the point if there is an improved edition down the line.

Having no free upgrade or upgrade discount does suck but I actually quite like being able to replay the game with a new trophy list and new features and story beats, I haven't yet but I look forward to playing P5R in the future after having finished base P5 (and I'm working my way through P4G on Vita rn)

I think this PS5 version is a different situation because they're basically adding nothing you couldn't already get from the PS4 version, I think an eventually P6+ wouldn't keep me from playing the initial version because that'll just give me an excuse to revisit a game (if I enjoyed it) that won't be exactly the same as it was before and serves as a sort of definitive edition, which I think is kinda cool