Charging Psvita

Mandic232

Here are instructions on how to charge your ps vita

1. Charge it over the day,so you can monitor it. 

2. It is really good to leave the battery rest overnight (no charging,turned off), but make sure it has atleast one green bar.

3. I feel like the battery likes partial charges, so do that when you can, i suggest draining it to 50% and then charging

4.You should drain it 'till it shuts down,remember it never goes down to 0% the system shuts down at 5% or 6%,but do this once a month so the battery recalibrates

5.When you need to, you can play your vita while charging,no it wont overcharge! the only problem is the heat produced

6.Try and keep your vita cool,put it in standby after about hour and a half of continious gaming, it tends to get warm

4.You should drain it 'till it shuts down,remember it never goes down to 0% the system shuts down at 5% or 6%,but do this once a month so the battery recalibrates

I should do this more often. I never actually let it shut off, not a big fan of having to wait while it charges until you can use it again, I know it's just 5 mins but it kinda bugs me.

Here are instructions on how to charge your ps vita

1. Charge it over the day,so you can monitor it. 

2. It is really good to leave the battery rest overnight (no charging,turned off), but make sure it has atleast one green bar.

3. I feel like the battery likes partial charges, so do that when you can, i suggest draining it to 50% and then charging

5.When you need to, you can play your vita while charging,no it wont overcharge! the only problem is the heat produced

6.Try and keep your vita cool,put it in standby after about hour and a half of continious gaming, it tends to get warm

The Vita uses a lithium ion battery and I don't believe that is an issue with those types of batteries. 

Actually, from what I've read it is bad for the battery to completely run it down and multiple sources confirmed lithium ion batteries don't have a memory so it seems running the battery completely down is bad for your Vita.  

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/lithium-ion-battery2.htm

Parker

The Vita uses a lithium ion battery and I don't believe that is an issue with those types of batteries. 

Actually, from what I've read it is bad for the battery to completely run it down and multiple sources confirmed lithium ion batteries don't have a memory so it seems running the battery completely down is bad for your Vita.  

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/lithium-ion-battery2.htm

Parker

Yeah, you definitely shouldn't let it completely die, but even though the battery itself doesn't have memory, it's possible that the Vita software does. Phones sometimes have software that takes note of how long it takes to discharge and recharge, and that can shape how long the battery life is, so it's possible the Vita does as well. So it's probably a good idea to let it "die" to the point of shutting off sometimes, but not completely dying to the point of shutting down. For those that are really paranoid, you can always just let it go down to the red then recharge. That should be enough to calibrate if needed, but not low enough to really be harmful to the battery. I usually let mine "die" and then recharge it. I've had it over a year and it apparently has really good battery life. So I don't think it's harmful to do that.

Honestly though, the battery likely wont last very long no matter what you do. 2200mAh Lithium ion batteries(at least the ones I've seen info on) tend to only have 300-500 charge cycles before they're considered completely dead. And that will probably only last a couple years for those that use their Vita on a regular basis. Especially since according to the battery life thread, the average life only seems to be about 5 or 6 hours..