Do I Need A Playstation Move?

28 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You're considering playing Time Crisis with a dualshock?

Don't do that to yourself, homie.

Regardless of the trophies (which probably are next to impossible to get without a lightgun), it simply won't be any fun.

Ah okay, I had no idea. Thanks for the responses, I'll definitely pick up a light gun and a PlayStation eye

3 hours ago, JerrySeinfeld02 said:

Ah okay, I had no idea. Thanks for the responses, I'll definitely pick up a light gun and a PlayStation eye

Those replies are not true at all.

I did every trophy with a regular pad, and I'd give the game an 8/10 regarding difficulty so it's very far from "almost Impossible". The gun may drop the difficulty if you don't have calibration issues but it won't make the platinum a free to get, it can help for Arcade mode but I don't think it is anything better than a pad for the Sentry mode where you need accuracy more than being able to shift from one side to the other like in Arcade (not to mention the hand shaking).

Doing Arcade with a pad means spend more time in order to learn every enemy's position (or just follow a vid step by step) and not being able to score as high as with a move, however getting 3M score is still doable. In my successful run I did very bad during the last stage and yet I got the required score.

• 6 months later...
On 27.07.2022 at 10:29 AM, VirtualNight said:

Those replies are not true at all.

I did every trophy with a regular pad, and I'd give the game an 8/10 regarding difficulty so it's very far from "almost Impossible". The gun may drop the difficulty if you don't have calibration issues but it won't make the platinum a free to get, it can help for Arcade mode but I don't think it is anything better than a pad for the Sentry mode where you need accuracy more than being able to shift from one side to the other like in Arcade (not to mention the hand shaking).

Doing Arcade with a pad means spend more time in order to learn every enemy's position (or just follow a vid step by step) and not being able to score as high as with a move, however getting 3M score is still doable. In my successful run I did very bad during the last stage and yet I got the required score.

Move is not an expensive thing to own, and trying to do the plat with DS3 is just trying to prove something to yourself or others. Why make it harder if you can make it way easier? And no, move does help in sentry a lot, as you can zoom in easier and aim for headshots on runing enemies is way easier than with a ds3. I tried to go for arcade and sentry trophies for few months with ds3, I was getting close but not quite there. With a move I was able to finish both modes in a few weeks with breaks in between.

• Like 1

On 24/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, HaserPL said:

Move is not an expensive thing to own, and trying to do the plat with DS3 is just trying to prove something to yourself or others. Why make it harder if you can make it way easier? And no, move does help in sentry a lot, as you can zoom in easier and aim for headshots on runing enemies is way easier than with a ds3. I tried to go for arcade and sentry trophies for few months with ds3, I was getting close but not quite there. With a move I was able to finish both modes in a few weeks with breaks in between.

To each their own. You can say that racing games are easier with a wheel but if you don't spend quite some time to get used to it, it won't be easier.

I only said that a move is NOT mandatory, it is a false common opinion for this game that you can't plat it with a ds3. And people may have various struggle in real life and can't afford to buy a ps camera and a move for just one game, or may have problems with the move itself. I myself am pretty bad with the ps move and I can not calibrate the move properly either. I used the move for Deadstorm Pirates due to the necessity to switch from one side to another in an instant pretty often, but Razing Storm does not have this necessity.

And this game is nowhere as hard as the rarity suggests, it should be a 2.50% rarity without taking into account the mp.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 2

In my opinion, just using the Move and Navigation controller itself is not a good idea when it comes to railshooters in general. I advise combining it with the official Sony Gun attachment or - even better - with the Sharpshooter attachment. This makes all single player modes in Razing Storm considerably easier because controls are more precise and the necessary buttons are easy to reach. Of course this is just my opinion, to each their own as previously said. You also need to invest more for these attachments and they might be hard to find on eBay or other platforms. When it comes to grinding online kills in this game, I also use the Dualshock controller as I don't need precision for that, just a lot of time and determination lol. 

Anyway I completed TC4, HotD4 and Deadstorm Pirates with these attachments and I definitely would have had a harder time with just the DS3 or the Move equipment without attachments. I try to complete Razing Storm, HotD3 and HotD Overkill at some point too. 

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 10:40 AM, VirtualNight said:

Or may have problems with the move itself. I myself am pretty bad with the ps move and I can not calibrate the move properly either.

At first I had problems with the move trying 'freehand'. I play in my bedroom 95% of the time so I kicked my mattress out far enough to put my feet up on the box spring. Then I rest my elbows on my knees. Once I am happy with the crosshair location everything is about as steady as it can be. 

Just thought I'd throw is this out there for anyone trying with the move controller.

No need to aim it like a gun. I tried that for a while and the shoulder gets sore and the hands don't stay steady.

• 1 year later...