Can someone explain to me why save transfers are flagged as cheating?

Just now, chrisredfield_97 said:

They made it clear that they can let things slide but only for certain people.

But that's my point, and not like I feel inclined to speak on Daiv's behalf or that he wants me to but he JUST said a bunch of times that it's not about letting things slide, it's that your example still functions within the site's rules

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

But that's my point, and not like I feel inclined to speak on Daiv's behalf or that he wants me to but he JUST said a bunch of times that it's not about letting things slide, it's that your example still functions within the site's rules

But I can do the same thing and claim that my trophies popped randomly.Right?Will he also give me the same benefit of doubt the admins gave that guy?

The last trophy you won was 7 years ago. Why are you so worried about this account? If you care so much about leaderboard (which is currently pathetic and pointless) why don't you just start a new account? new air, friend.

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

The last trophy you won was 7 years ago. Why are you so worried about this account? If you care so much about leaderboard (which is currently pathetic and pointless) why don't you just start a new account? new air, friend.

That's not the point.Maybe I want to finish all of the games I didn't back then?But nice try.

That's not the point.Maybe I want to finish all of the games I didn't back then?But nice try.

Well a quick look at your list, at the very least Playstation Home is an unobtainable 100%, so is Playstation All Stars.

Many games have had their servers shut and DLC delisted now.

So now you certainly can't get 100% on your account even if you started right now, but yeah you haven't earned a trophy in 7 years. I am surprised you are this upset.

I mean 2015 was like a different era entirely.

Just now, enaysoft said:

Well a quick look at your list, at the very least Playstation Home is an unobtainable 100%, so is Playstation All Stars.

Many games have had their servers shut and DLC delisted now.

So now you certainly can't get 100% on your account even if you started right now, but yeah you haven't earned a trophy in 7 years. I am surprised you are this upset.

I mean 2015 was like a different era entirely.

I know and I'm fine with not getting 100% for all of them :D

8 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

But I can do the same thing and claim that my trophies popped randomly.Right?Will he also give me the same benefit of doubt the admins gave that guy?

Heres how you get your situation considered like the example you think is the same: show that you can have both your accounts join in-game in the game you want an exemption for and that the 2nd account will have all the trophies earned by the 1st account auto-popped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Heres how you get your situation considered like the example you think is the same: show that you can have both your accounts join in-game in the game you want an exemption for and that the 2nd account will have all the trophies earned by the 1st account auto-popped. 

So to get the same benefit of doubt you guys gave that guy I have to make Infamous an online game? :D

7 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

I understand perfectly. But this specific excessive concern is peculiar.

See, the rules aren't totally solid, I also think there are some holes and gray areas about some things. But it just isn't worth the effort. I suggest you stop worrying about it.

Even if you manage to prove and convince the staff/CRT that your view is correct, and, well, you do expose a hole in the rules, nothing will change, they will remain what they are.

I also think there are a lot of specific things that don't make any sense, but it is what it is.

You won't be able to revolutionize the rules and open people's eyes here, even if you're right.

Just now, kevao97 said:

I understand perfectly. But this specific excessive concern is peculiar.

See, the rules aren't totally solid, I also think there are some holes and gray areas about some things. But it just isn't worth the effort. I suggest you stop worrying about it.

Even if you manage to prove and convince the staff/CRT that your view is correct, and, well, you do expose a hole in the rules, nothing will change, they will remain what they are.

I also think there are a lot of specific things that don't make any sense, but it is what it is.

You won't be able to revolutionize the rules and open people's eyes here, even if you're right.

I know, man.That's what's bugging me.The admins need to be more consistent when it comes to the rules.You either give everyone a free pass or you don't give anyone one.

1 minute ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

I know, man.That's what's bugging me.The admins need to be more consistent when it comes to the rules.You either give everyone a free pass or you don't give anyone one.

Countless people have already pointed this out, and none of them have achieved any change.

Rules are not the absolute bastion of morals, or ethics, or anything. These are arbitrary rules that, as far as possible, make sense in the minds of those who designed them (Sly/CRT). however, there is no way to be absolute, as new things are emerging over time, new ways to earn trophies (autopop on ps4/5 etc). Oh also the Vita Trick, which is bizarrely allowed and considered legal. That is, they are arbitrary measures that make sense in the POV of those who created them. We users just accept. The holes exist, but they will not be covered.

The same situation as in the same context.Do you want me to rewrite the code for Infamous to prove you wrong?Come on, man.

This is the point. Proving Daiv wrong will ultimately change nothing. It would just be a "heh, I was right, see!?". Daiv won't be able to do anything, and neither will anyone.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Autopopping is a mechanic built in from developers as an intentional design choice for their game and as such is allowed. 

Devil's advocate here, but wasn't the lack of encryption on early ps3 games an intentional design choice for the game and should be allowed? If my understanding is correct, early games like this and call of duty you could transfer your save file between accounts without any outside tools because the game devs wanted you to be able to and they allowed trophies to pop because they wanted you to be able to. Why are some mechanics built in from developers as an intentional design choice flaggable while other mechanics built in from developers as an intentional design choice unflaggable?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

This is the point. Proving Daiv wrong will ultimately change nothing. It would just be a "heh, I was right, see!?". Daiv won't be able to do anything, and neither will anyone.

Then he should've just said that from the start instead of wasting both of our time :D

2 minutes ago, KimmysGotGame said:

Devil's advocate here, but wasn't the lack of encryption on early ps3 games an intentional design choice for the game and should be allowed? If my understanding is correct, early games like this and call of duty you could transfer your save file between accounts without any outside tools because the game devs wanted you to be able to and they allowed trophies to pop because they wanted you to be able to. Why are some mechanics built in from developers as an intentional design choice flaggable while other mechanics built in from developers as an intentional design choice unflaggable?

I wanted to ask the same question but english isn't my first language and can't articulate my thoughts as well as I can in my native language.

43 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

The rules are consistent, Games that have a save transfer option is allowed. Games that don't aren't. Copying your save from one account to another is not the same as transferring your save from one account to another. The results might look the same as regards to trophies popping, but one is an in-game feature and is therefore deemed allowed, while one isn't and is deemed not to be allowed.

Using your inFamous example, show me where in the in-game menu there is a save transfer option. If there is an option for you to do that in-game, then it should be allowed. That option isn't there, so that's why just copy pasting your save from one account to another isn't allowed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

The rules are consistent, Games that have a save transfer option is allowed. Games that don't aren't. Copying your save from one account to another is not the same as transferring your save from one account to another. The results might look the same as regards to trophies popping, but one is an in-game feature and is therefore deemed allowed, while one isn't and is deemed not to be allowed.

Using your inFamous example, show me where in the in-game menu there is a save transfer option. If there is an option for you to do that in-game, then it should be allowed. That option isn't there, so that's why just copy pasting your save from one account to another isn't allowed.

I can see you didn't bother reading the thread, otherwise you'd see how inconsistent the admins are.Did you even bother to check the example I posted in the OP?

1 minute ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

I can see you didn't bother reading the thread, otherwise you'd see how inconsistent the admins are.Did you even bother to check the example I posted in the OP?

That example is a 3rd possibility and is also deemed allowed. It is also not the same as your inFamous example either.

Just now, Stevieboy said:

That example is a 3rd possibility and is also deemed allowed. It is also not the same as your inFamous example either.

It was allowed because the one of the admins allowed it.I could say the same thing about my trophies, that they just popped randomly.Would I get the same benefit of doubt?