NBA Today Obtainable (Soon)

TheSackoBowl

Thought id add this here for those of you who (like i) had assumed the NBA Today trophy is now dead if you hadnt got it during the season.

Ive got on to 2K support and pestered them for an answer. They came back and confirmed that NBA Today will return in NBA 2K22 when the new NBA season starts making this trophy obtainable again. They outright confirmed they haven't removed the trophy support and acknowledge the amount of people who pick up this game in sales or on PS Plus. 

So hang in there, we will get our chance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

I wouldn't lose hope quite yet - the NBA today mode is also not yet operational for 2k23. When/if it comes online for 2k23 but has yet to appear for this game is probably when it is time to start sending support tickets to 2k.

interesting. good to know that!

7 hours ago, TheSackoBowl said:

So an update. Spoke to support today again and they claim Devs are aware of the issue and working on it. Which im sure is just customer service talk to palm me off. Moreover they gave me 15k VC for the issues faced. Thought that was an incredibly odd way to move for 2K.

Nice, there is hope! Thanks for sharing.

I mean, they said dev team is aware and working on it - if it's true, it is really good news.

Usually they don't care much to lie to people, they just say "oh, sorry, there is nothing we can do" ehhehehe

I will open a support ticket today too, and I recommend everyone here to do the same!

On 24/10/2022 at 0:57 PM, israellaks said:

I mean, they said dev team is aware and working on it - if it's true, it is really good news.

Usually they don't care much to lie to people, they just say "oh, sorry, there is nothing we can do" ehhehehe

I will open a support ticket today too, and I recommend everyone here to do the same!

Let me know what they say to you. I think they are just pushing off people complaining. They promised it was returning in the summer, are we to believe 2K devs didnt plan for the new season happening and this is some sort of bug? This is just them not doing it. Im more convinced than ever support is lying

On 10/26/2022 at 6:56 AM, TheSackoBowl said:

Let me know what they say to you. I think they are just pushing off people complaining. They promised it was returning in the summer, are we to believe 2K devs didnt plan for the new season happening and this is some sort of bug? This is just them not doing it. Im more convinced than ever support is lying

Not surprised that support is just bullshitting, this is 2K we are talking about. I doubt they care about last year sports game. I've open a ticket as well and lets see what they say. I don't have high hopes of them returning NBA today.

EDIT: this is what 2k support responded.

Thanks for contacting us at 2K Support basketball

I understand you've got some questions, however, we aren't able to inform players about gameplay specifics including any tips, tricks, hints, or guides.

However, I would like to direct you to the NBA 2K Discord. There, you will be able to discuss the game with other players and get tips for any gameplay questions you may have. You can also check out our NBA 2K Twitter to have discussions with other players on social media.

If you find yourself having any technical issues, please reach out again!

Thank you,

2K TJ
Customer Support
2K Games

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

20 hours ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Not surprised that support is just bullshitting, this is 2K we are talking about. I doubt they care about last year sports game. I've open a ticket as well and lets see what they say. I don't have high hopes of them returning NBA today.

EDIT: this is what 2k support responded.

Press them for a direct response, this is the default they give to everyone when they think its an easy pass off to discord for gameplay tips. Theyve essentially not fully read your ticket

This is what they answered me:

2K Chris, Oct 25, 2022, 12:23 PDT:

Hey! wave

Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I see you're encountering an issue with the NBA Today related achievement.

Unfortunately NBA Today's service is no longer active in NBA 2K22. This feature is directly related to real-world NBA Season. NBA 2K22 NBA Today is only available through the course of the 2022 NBA Season.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Take care and have a wonderful day,

2K Chris
Customer Support
2K Games

This is totally delussional, i put too many hours in this shit game for this...

11 hours ago, demoledor_969 said:

This is what they answered me:

2K Chris, Oct 25, 2022, 12:23 PDT:

Hey! wave

Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I see you're encountering an issue with the NBA Today related achievement.

Unfortunately NBA Today's service is no longer active in NBA 2K22. This feature is directly related to real-world NBA Season. NBA 2K22 NBA Today is only available through the course of the 2022 NBA Season.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Take care and have a wonderful day,

2K Chris
Customer Support
2K Games

This is totally delussional, i put too many hours in this shit game for this...

In complete disagreement to what theyve said to me twice over the last couple of months. 

Its hard to trust any response when theyve all been so different. 

Also, how hard would it be to just reopen the game mode and let people play in it? Even with not updated rosters. Or manual grant the trophy

Did you press back at all on this response to see if theyd take further action?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheSackoBowl said:

In complete disagreement to what theyve said to me twice over the last couple of months. 

Its hard to trust any response when theyve all been so different. 

Also, how hard would it be to just reopen the game mode and let people play in it? Even with not updated rosters. Or manual grant the trophy

Did you press back at all on this response to see if theyd take further action?

The support person you spoke with clearly obviously just made shit up saying that it will be back so they can close your ticket and shut you up and hope that you forgot.

What incentive does 2K have to reopen and update an old sports game? I'm not defending 2K as I would love to get 2k22 done. But this is common 2K behavior. Look at past 2K games, 2k10 & 2k17 unobtainable trophies on release and 2k19 with the removal of the dodge ball game shortly after 2k20 was out.

12 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

The support person you spoke with clearly obviously just made shit up saying that it will be back so they can close your ticket and shut you up and hope that you forgot.

What incentive does 2K have to reopen and update an old sports game? I'm not defending 2K as I would love to get 2k22 done. But this is common 2K behavior. Look at past 2K games, 2k10 & 2k17 unobtainable trophies on release and 2k19 with the removal of the dodge ball game shortly after 2k20 was out.

This wasnt one support person. Im not dim enough to settle at one and assume. I open several tickets and got responses from several agents over the months and the line always stayed the same, yes it would return.

I agree on it being 2K behaviour but that was the line they stuck to

"Good Morning Israellaks,

Thanks for all this information. Would you kindly also add a video of the NBA Today not working, along with your Platform ID (you can find it on the MyTeam menu in the top right corner), all in one video?

As soon as I have it I will be able to send it for investigation.

If you have any question, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Regards,"

?

2 hours ago, israellaks said:

"Good Morning Israellaks,

Thanks for all this information. Would you kindly also add a video of the NBA Today not working, along with your Platform ID (you can find it on the MyTeam menu in the top right corner), all in one video?

As soon as I have it I will be able to send it for investigation.

If you have any question, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Regards,"

?

Another different answer but at least this one leads to some action. Keep us updated!

"Hello Israellaks,

Thank you for your patience. After looking into this, I see the appropriate team has been notified of the issue. While I won't be able to provide updates on this report, I appreciate you reaching out to us to make sure we know about it. It's important to work with the community to make sure the game is at its best.

If you have any questions, please let me know!"

• Like 1