Is it still possible to get the online trophies without boosting?

Did you even check the trophy list? The game never had any trophies that required other players just online connection. On ps3 you cannot do infiltration missions anymore, and the nuke trophies take a long time without servers now but are possible. There were 2 trophies you needed to get before may 31st and now you can't get the platinum. 

But since you are asking about ps4 you are fine. The only online trophy is the FOB one. Its now unobtainable on ps3

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Did you even check the trophy list? The game never had any trophies that required other players just online connection. On ps3 you cannot do infiltration missions anymore, and the nuke trophies take a long time without servers now but are possible. There were 2 trophies you needed to get before may 31st and now you can't get the platinum. 

But since you are asking about ps4 you are fine. The only online trophy is the FOB one. Its now unobtainable on ps3

I did check the trophy list, but it's been a while since I played the game and I barely touched the "online" feature back then, so I automatically assumed that online required meant online against other players.  

So this means that FOB Infiltrations are not PvP. good.  

Thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing this game right now, and did 50 FOB infiltrations (most of them completely unprotected, so easy way to get staff), never got infiltrated myself, but due to my grinding nature I'm way OP, so either nobody bothers to infiltrate me because of high security, or there's barely anyone playing the game, and you can infiltrate FOBs of inactive players.

Either way, I got no problem with infiltrations, there's always full list of possible targets. 

PS3 version servers were shut down, so yea, better start building that atom bomb, because that's the only online trophy that takes time.

Edit: don't know why, but I thought it takes 24h time in gameplay time to develop nuke, but as I just found out it's 24 IRL hours. No effort multiplayer trophies.

Edited by depresso-cat
Update on situation
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, how long would you say it take to build the nuke ? I haven't touched the game in years but I remember enjoying the gameplay and while I'm in no rush to get platinum I think I'm gonna try to get the online trophies for games that has them incase I want to go back and platinum them one day

10 minutes ago, KRIEGLERR said:

Thanks, how long would you say it take to build the nuke ? I haven't touched the game in years but I remember enjoying the gameplay and while I'm in no rush to get platinum I think I'm gonna try to get the online trophies for games that has them incase I want to go back and platinum them one day

It takes 24 real time hours to build a nuke.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

39 minutes ago, KRIEGLERR said:

I meant how long does it take to gather the materials needed to craft it, not the time it takes to build.

The time required can vary significantly depending on how you play the game. If you go straight for the nuke development trophy, 20+ hours would be my estimate. If you’re watching the cutscenes and going for S-ranks and other trophies along the way, it could take much longer.

If you keep picking up materials and fultoning as many containers whilst you are playing missions, you will get it easily.

I achieved the nuke trophies not long after I was able, as I decided to S-Rank all the chapter 1-missons and as many side missions as I could before going on to chapter 2.

Edited by IantoEvs

On 02/09/2022 at 4:04 PM, KRIEGLERR said:

Well, you need to complete Act 1 (31 missions) to be able to build a nuke. I don't know where you at story-wise, but I think it makes more sense S-ranking every mission, completing side ops which you will have to do for platinum anyway, rather than grinding resources for nuke. Seeing these resource farming guides made me think resources are scarce, but I don't see how you can complete everything required for plat and be short for a nuke. 

On 9/4/2022 at 4:02 AM, depresso-cat said:

Well, you need to complete Act 1 (31 missions) to be able to build a nuke. I don't know where you at story-wise, but I think it makes more sense S-ranking every mission, completing side ops which you will have to do for platinum anyway, rather than grinding resources for nuke. Seeing these resource farming guides made me think resources are scarce, but I don't see how you can complete everything required for plat and be short for a nuke. 

I beat the game ages ago, I was actually in the post-game working my way to the platinum but I wanted to play all games and lacked space at the time so I uninstalled and never installed again.  
I'm just looking at games I really enjoyed and didn't plat and MGS V is one of them so I want to get that done at some point.