I can use seeds but my progress doesn’t save and nothing unlocks

I've just looked at the main Guide and it says the only time you can use seeds, is to get "The Lost" trophy:

So this is a bit of a strange one, but make sure you follow the instructions very specifically in order to do this correctly, because it's a shame to mess it up near the end and have to start all over again. You can use Seeds for the first three steps here but absolutely do not use a seed for the fourth step.

• JTMD EZPF: As Isaac, die to a Mulliboom on the first floor. Mullibooms are the guys who run at you pretty quickly and blow up on impact. On this seed, you should go to the left first to weaken yourself to half a heart, and then head down from the starting room and make sure you are killed by a Mulliboom. Do this Seed on Normal Mode.
  • FDRG 0CTE: As Maggy, die to your own bomb on the 3rd floor. You can find Pyro in the Item Room on the first floor, so you'll definitely have bombs. Do this Seed on Normal Mode.
  • DMTM NRD9: As Judas, die to the 6th floor boss. It's imperative that you die to her attacks, and that you aren't killed by any monsters she spawns. The best way to do this is to go into the fight on half a heart and die to the foot attack right at the start. The seed starts with Proptosis, and should serve you well throughout as it only improves. Do this Seed on Normal Mode.
  • Azazel must die to any attack from the boss in Sheol. Again, like with the Judas section, it must be the boss that delivers the final blow. Perhaps the safest way to do this is to reach the second phase of the Sheol boss fight, as you can only be damaged by the boss in this phase. Make sure not to use a Seed for this step, otherwise you'll have to do it all again. Play on Normal Mode.

It seems odd, but if you do all of this exactly as I've described, and in this order, you will unlock The Lost.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know on which version you are, but at some point they changed the way to unlock the lost. get some dlcs (afterbirth should be enough) and the lost becomes way easier

to unlock the lost you have to hold the missing poster trinket and kill yourself in a sacrifice room

Edited by r4tb0-

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Varhur said:

You most likely have some DLC's, so thats why it didn't work for you.

On 15/08/2022 at 3:15 PM, TheRealAtho said:

I’ve downgraded the binding of Isaac to its first version on vita

Bruh

On 15/08/2022 at 5:09 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Why did I get pinged for this?

You must have subscribed to the forums for this game at some point. Go here and see if the FOLLOW button is active and deactivate it to fix it.

On 15/08/2022 at 3:15 PM, TheRealAtho said:

can anyone help me out with this at all, please? 

You must have missed a step somewhere. Your unlocks won't save if you see the crossed trophy on the left side, which is what I assume it's happening to you. Which guide were you using, mine at PST.org? or mine here? Or someone else's?