Info about collectibles

2 hours ago, Angry_Cuttlefish said:

Hello guys,

I'm following the powerpyx guide to pick up all the collectibles, I missed a couples of scans (I'm in chapter 7) is it a problem for the trophy "Lore Hoarder'' ??

You can collect the items u have missed via chapter select, don't worry about it. Enjoy the game at your own pace.

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Did they fix the issue with certain collectibles not registering through chapter select?

They didn't fixed anything and collecting through chapter select don't count. Tried and platinumed it few months ago. 

Lore Hoarder bugged on me and I had to play the game on NG+ till chapter 6 and bought random collectibles with the tickets and finally unlocked my platinum trophy. 

There is a nasty glitch when you collect some collectibles and reload an earlier save those collectibles become unobtainable. 

This is an issue where I wasn't aware of before I started the game.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

They didn't fixed anything and collecting through chapter select don't count. Tried and platinumed it few months ago. 

Lore Hoarder bugged on me and I had to play the game on NG+ till chapter 6 and bought random collectibles with the tickets and finally unlocked my platinum trophy. 

There is a nasty glitch when you collect some collectibles and reload an earlier save those collectibles become unobtainable. 

That's exactly what I thought. @zulqarmessiPlease be careful about giving out false information. To anyone playing this for the first time: use a collectible guide from the start to save yourself a giant headache. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

That's exactly what I thought. @zulqarmessiPlease be careful about giving out false information. To anyone playing this for the first time: use a collectible guide from the start to save yourself a giant headache. 

What exactly was this issue with collectibles?

I did my collectible cleanup via chapter select - I was missing a lot of collectibles in a bunch of different chapters, and I had no issue with this?

Collected them and made a rollback save afterwards in the second save slot (:l1:+:l2:+:triangle:, then save in a different slot to your "main" save) - rinse, repeat for all required chapters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Have you picked up all the collectibles until the chapter 6 again?

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

What exactly was this issue with collectibles?

I did my collectible cleanup via chapter select - I was missing a lot of collectibles in a bunch of different chapters, and I had no issue with this?

Collected them and made a rollback save afterwards in the second save slot (:l1:+:l2:+:triangle:, then save in a different slot to your "main" save) - rinse, repeat for all required chapters.

Wait so you can use chapter select and grab the collectibles? Interesting...

I'm just scared I'll do it wrong and mess it all up. 

5 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Wait so you can use chapter select and grab the collectibles? Interesting...

I'm just scared I'll do it wrong and mess it all up. 

Yeah - all I did was go into the level I needed one, collect it, then do that rollback save thing to save a copy in another save slot, then exit the level back to the menu, and do the same for each one.

Not really sure why they chose to do it that way - seems a little odd to require the roll-back saves, and a bit of an unnecessary extra hassle...

....but it doesn't take any extra time or anything - you just need to remember to do it before you exit back to the menu... so not the end of the world :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah - all I did was go into the level I needed one, collect it, then do that rollback save thing to save a copy in another save slot, then exit the level back to the menu, and do the same for each one.

Not really sure why they chose to do it that way - seems a little odd to require the roll-back saves, and a bit of an unnecessary extra hassle...

....but it doesn't take any extra time or anything - you just need to remember to do it before you exit back to the menu... so not the end of the world :dunno:

Interesting. Thanks for the input. 

I think I'll probably just do a run on PS4 one day and then transfer me save to double up. 

33 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's really weird. Like I said it doesn't worked for me and I played it on the newest update and I always saved on a new save in the beginning of esch chapter and after finishing the game anf reloading chapter 6 and buying all those collectibles didn't worked.

The save route would be still don't miss any collectible @Angry_Cuttlefish and you should be good. If you will missing something do the method of DrBloodMoney and if this don't work just speedrun it.

I admit I was a little bit pissed because I hate backtracking and collectibles so this was kinda mood killer for me but playing the NG+ wasn't that bad with all skills at the end.

So.. Enjoy the ride!

• Like 1