Guide for 100% within 30 hours

Sezzuyasha

3 minutes ago, Sezzuyasha said:

I just wanted to show a way to get the time to a minimum, in my case 27 hours instead of the 91 hours that all the 5 guides combined tell you. And maybe this will make the decision easier for some people.

Did you leave feedback in the Comments on the Guide for the author?

8 minutes ago, Sezzuyasha said:

I make this post solely based on my personal experience, for people who don't know if they should play the game. I first skipped this game because 1) people said it's really bad, 2) for a bad game it seemed like an insane grind. The estimates for the DLCs alone, which are multiplayer only, are at 31 hours. That is insanely overestimated. Especially with the other post saying they racked up 100-200 hours, 60 hours for multiplayer only, I just thought some people might appreciate me sharing my experience.

My total in game time, which doesn't include loading times so this might add another 3 hours or so, is at 27 hours flat, for all 71 trophies.

The mutliplayer trophies were all boosted with one other player, and about 2/3 of the survivors agent kills were done with 1 additional player.

Survivors DLC time: 59 minutes (like i said, for 2/3 we had one additional person, so if you were to do this with only 1 other player you will have to add about 1 more hour to this, including all the loading times.)
Onslaught: 1 hour 58 minutes
Predator: 34 minutes
Siege: 2  hours 57 minutes

Leaving the main game at about 20 and a half hours.

I did play my first playthrough on easy, since the difficulty doesn't affect the amount of skill points you get for the mad skillz trophy, except for no hope.

I collected all serpent emblems and misc. trophies in this playthrough, following the guide on this page. Afterwards I played the last subchapter of each chapter on professional, since it is enough to trigger the trophy for the professional playthrough.

For the mad skillz trophy i used the farming spot on jakes campaign, which gives you 14k points  per minute or so, if you play on no hope, which doubles your skill points (you won't encounter any enemies there anyways).

One other thing to note is that the description for the "Everybody Dies" Trophy in the Siege DLC is wrong. The 100 creatures do not have to be player controlled. Using the trap on the catacombs map is most likely the quickest way to farm player agent and BSAA kills.

I know that the 60 hour estimate for the main game was most likely for people who play the whole game on professional regularly. But the guide also doesn't mention the serpent emblems until step 7 and suggests to do it as a clean-up, when you can just follow a video guide on your first playthrough, considering that they are so well hidden that you will probably need it anyways. Plus that way you don't have to remember which of the 80 emblems you did or didn't shoot.  

I just wanted to show a way to get the time to a minimum, in my case 27 hours instead of the 91 hours that all the 5 guides combined tell you. And maybe this will make the decision easier for some people.

i just wanted to say thank you for your feedback. I’ve been a resident evil fan ever since the first one came up for PsX. I stopped playing the series after RE3 because RE4 really looked like a completely different game for me.

I came back to the series anyway in order to plat at least the main games so I was planning on playing RE6 regardless of the guides times, so your feedback really helps to start it rather sooner than later.

Again, many thanks!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

So even less if i self boost with two consoles?

Actually I don't think so since the multiplayer modes usually consist of two rounds, and it's random which team starts. Even if the account you want to start with is first, I don't know if you can quit out after round one with the kills being credited to you. For Siege DLC for example I don't remember seeing a quit out button in the menu, so it could be (I might be wrong here) that you need to close the application. Also doing the onslaught DLC would be problematic, since you would have to survive the hord of enemies on both consoles. For the survivors and predator me and my boosting partner walked at each other right at the start to get it done quicker, which probably won't be as smooth if you were to control both players.

However, I can't give you a 100% clear answer, those are just my thoughts on it.

Edited by Sezzuyasha

1 minute ago, Sezzuyasha said:

Actually I don't think so you since the multiplayer modes usually consist of two rounds, and it's random which team starts. Even if the account you want to start with is first, I don't know if you can quit out after round one with the kills being credited to you. For Siege DLC for example I don't remember seeing a quit out button in the menu, so it could be (I might be wrong here) that you need to close the application. Also doing the onslaught DLC would be problematic, since you would have to survive the hord of enemies on both consoles. For the survivors and predator me and my boosting partner walked at each other right at the start to get it done quicker, which probably won't be as smooth if you were to control both players.

However, I can't give you a 100% clear answer, those are just my thoughts on it.

A detailed and massively helpful response!

Maybe I’ll boost with another player then, seems worth it (6-7 hours is nothing compared to what a lot of us just went through for shadowfall)

• Like 1

Everyone's experience is different. It's hard for a guide maker to make changes to a guide based on comments. They only have their own experience, and when their name is the one on the guide, it's reasonable that they would want to be able to verify claims that were contrary to their experience. Which people don't generally have time for. Since playing an entire game from scratch on a new account just to verify certain things may or may not work is a bit unreasonable to ask of someone. Some people take comments at their word and will update the guide, but that's their decision to do so or not.

A lot of guides also don't take boosting into account for the estimate numbers, because not everyone boosts.

The state of a game can also change drastically between when a guide was made and what it's like currently. It's unreasonable to expect people to contually replat a game on another account whenever there's a new patch, and then update the guide of there were changes.

You can say you had a different experience, but that doesnt mean that the guidemaker's experience was wrong. If you really feel that strongly about it, then you can always put in the work and make a guide based on your experience too.

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Everyone's experience is different. It's hard for a guide maker to make changes to a guide based on comments. They only have their own experience, and when their name is the one on the guide, it's reasonable that they would want to be able to verify claims that were contrary to their experience. Which people don't generally have time for. Since playing an entire game from scratch on a new account just to verify certain things may or may not work is a bit unreasonable to ask of someone. Some people take comments at their word and will update the guide, but that's their decision to do so or not.

A lot of guides also don't take boosting into account for the estimate numbers, because not everyone boosts.

The state of a game can also change drastically between when a guide was made and what it's like currently. It's unreasonable to expect people to contually replat a game on another account whenever there's a new patch, and then update the guide of there were changes.

You can say you had a different experience, but that doesnt mean that the guidemaker's experience was wrong. If you really feel that strongly about it, then you can always put in the work and make a guide based on your experience too.

I understand every point you make. That's why i chose to start the post by saying that this is my personal experience with the game, and also later declaring that I understand that the guide was made for other ways to get at the game, like playing the game on professional regularly, not by the method I used.
Also, I personally don't expect anyone to replat the game. Neither was the experience wrong, as by the time the guides were made the multiplayer was probably crowded enough to do the trophies regularly, or maybe even a slow strategy was used. However, some of the trophies descriptions were wrong to the point where you wondered if the guide maker played the game. For example The "Team effort" trophy in Survivors, were the maker claimed it could be done in a 1v1, which it simply can't.
To your last sentence: That's exaclty why I decided not to adress the guide writers directly, but to write a post on how I went about it, correcting the steps that can be done more time efficiently. In a way, this is my guide, on how to get to the wanted result faster, based on the state of the game to this date.
I do appreciate your comment though, and if I in any way made it sound like I don't appreciate the people who went out of their way to write the guides when they did, I apologize. I've just seen that there wasn't a post in here for about 4 months, and thought some people might appreciate a more up to date time estimate.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This post does help my decision, actually. I got RE6 in a bundle with RE4 and RE5 so I could really play it whenever, but checking out the DLC guides the multiplayer stuff looked like an absurd grind given the time estimates there. If I can actually get all that crap over with in like a couple sessions with a boosting partner, that'd be acceptable.

At the end of the day what I'm interested in experiencing is that divisive single player campaign, and the MP stuff is just the usual unwanted dead weight making the trophy list look like an absolute chore. So yeah, thank you for making that burden sound a lot less daunting.

I'll also take the chance to tell people, feel free to contact/add me if you're up for this. Much like I did for RE5 I don't intend on starting the game until I know I can get the MP trophies out of the way, so consider me forever available. And please don't quote me to tell me about Sessions, because I tried to use those many times for RE5 and it was a complete waste of my time.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi @Sezzuyasha. Once again thanks for this very useful post. We have a session set for tomorrow to start boosting this dlc trophies (survivor and onslaught I reckon for this time). I was wondering if you still remember the dlc and you could have any further tips (any particular map or strategies or anything at all) that could help to make it even more efficient.

thanks again!

On 18.5.2023 at 10:30 AM, marius_maximus said:

Hi @Sezzuyasha. Once again thanks for this very useful post. We have a session set for tomorrow to start boosting this dlc trophies (survivor and onslaught I reckon for this time). I was wondering if you still remember the dlc and you could have any further tips (any particular map or strategies or anything at all) that could help to make it even more efficient.

thanks again!

hi, sadly i don't remember too much, I even think that for most it didn't really matter but was more of a personal preference thing.
The only useful tip is for the siege DLC, and that is to use the traps on the catacombs map for the kill related trophies.
Thank you very much by the way, I'm glad it helped.

• Like 1