Can everything be self boosted with 3 consoles?

TheSlyGCooper

12 hours ago, PostalDudeRus said:

You gonna need real players for Co-Op missions (Fly The Co-op) and at least 4 players for Team Based games (as far as I remember), but stuff like XP grind and etc pretty much possible with 3 consoles and 1 human player.

Would 3 consoles even be beneficial for this game then? Or should I stick to 2?

53 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Would 3 consoles even be beneficial for this game then? Or should I stick to 2?

You will definitely want 2 consoles for the rank grind, and then you can also use your secondary PS3 for boosting the 2-player multiplayer modes. The rank grind was definitely the longest part of the online for this game even with xp farm glitches. 3 consoles seems a bit overkill to be honest, you will have to boost with 1 more player eventually anyways for the 4-player modes and co-op. I'm also not sure if you can use 3 consoles efficiently with exp farming, someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it would actually slow things down. If you already have a 3rd console on standby, I'd say go ahead and use it for the 3-player modes listed in the multiplayer trophy guide. I wouldn't go out of your way to get one for this game if you don't have it though.

Edited by Empovyle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Empovyle said:

You will definitely want 2 consoles for the rank grind, and then you can also use your secondary PS3 for boosting the 2-player multiplayer modes. The rank grind was definitely the longest part of the online for this game even with xp farm glitches. 3 consoles seems a bit overkill to be honest, you will have to boost with 1 more player eventually anyways for the 4-player modes and co-op. I'm also not sure if you can use 3 consoles efficiently with exp farming, someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it would actually slow things down. If you already have a 3rd console on standby, I'd say go ahead and use it for the 3-player modes listed in the multiplayer trophy guide. I wouldn't go out of your way to get one for this game if you don't have it though.

I own 2 consoles already and was planning on borrowing my buddies' to boost a few other games as well, which is why I asked. :)

Be warned if you are borrowing a friend's console, because of the xp doesn't save across sessions issue, you are talking about potentially having to leave your friend's console and your 2 on for 40-48hours solid. To unlock wanted. And pray the game doesn't crash and you don't lose internet in that time. 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:54 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

Be warned if you are borrowing a friend's console, because of the xp doesn't save across sessions issue, you are talking about potentially having to leave your friend's console and your 2 on for 40-48hours solid. To unlock wanted. And pray the game doesn't crash and you don't lose internet in that time. 

the xp/$ saves fine on ps3 as of this post...have helped several get wanted over the past month with no issues...no need to do all in one session...

On 8/17/2022 at 1:14 AM, TheSlyGCooper said:

Topic title. ;) (can everything be self boosted with 3 consoles?...)

short answer...no...section 11 of the below mp guide covers self boosting if interested...

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3606-grand-theft-auto-iv-multiplayer-trophy-guide

• Like 1