Anybody still playing this?

Markez

I haven't been online in a while but I'm sure there are still plenty of people playing, even if they are all just boosters. As far as server life goes, they are still open but I honestly couldn't tell you for how much longer since GTA Online is out and Rockstar had plans to make that a stand alone experience. However, Midnight Club: Las Angeles is still has servers online so I think GTA IV is fine for the near future.

If you want the platinum you might want to get on it because the online trophies alone are a 50 to 60 commitment minimum.

Edited by Matticus182

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2014 at 0:18 AM, Nightstream88 said:

I heard they were going offline May 31st, so I'm currently working on getting the multiplayer trophies and will work on Red Dead Redemption too.

Wait. .WHAT? Where did you hear that? Damn, if that's truth I have to hurry up now! I am currently boosting AWP with my cousin, but Wanted trophy.. ugh.

Edited by Amonares

They're part of the Gamespy server shutdown, along with Midnight Club and Red Dead, but R* are sorting out a server change so they shouldn't be shutdown. 

Thank God. I was planning to start RDR on this account, too, and eventually plat it. Hope they will keep gta4 servers alive till I get a plat for it, which should be around this June/July.

Thank God. I was planning to start RDR on this account, too, and eventually plat it. Hope they will keep gta4 servers alive till I get a plat for it, which should be around this June/July.

Trust me, if you haven't started Red Dead you are missing out - third greatest game of all time on my list. 

There's a lot of games across all three companies going down, search gamespy in the forums should be there - from what i can remember, the big ones were Borderlands, Bad Company 2, Nfs Hot Pursuit and Crysis 2 :)

Trust me, if you haven't started Red Dead you are missing out - third greatest game of all time on my list.

There's a lot of games across all three companies going down, search gamespy in the forums should be there - from what i can remember, the big ones were Borderlands, Bad Company 2, Nfs Hot Pursuit and Crysis 2 :)

Sure, I'll check it out. I was planning to start Borderlands also. Edited by Dark_Prince_01

Sure, I'll check it out. I was planning to start Borderlands also.

borderlands only has 1 online trophy. you can play it by yourself and none of it is hard at all

I wondering if someone still playing this and how long rockstar will keep alive these servers cause I ain't got the platinum yet

there is always people online but some will try to sabotage you on coop missions. there is always a gaming session to boost trophies just check em out

Borderlands: Probably going offline but they are still looking for a solution

Bad company 2: No battlefield games will be affected

NFS Hot Pursuit: Did not find anything about it yet.

Crysis 2: Its just the pc multiplayer going down.. PS3 And XBOX 360 Multiplayer will still be playable

Edited by HcG-_Clawz