The Last of Us - HBOMax

LastMinuteSavior

On 3/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, The Alchemist said:

It also gives them time for ND to put out a potential third game if they want to continue the series beyond Part II's story, because they won't adapt beyond the source material.

Did they say they wouldn't adapt past Part II? Cuz HBO adapted GOT past the source material with GRRM's help so I could see a similar situation.

Splitting Part II up also gives them the opportunity to keep Pedro Pascal on longer.

13 minutes ago, slicknick3822 said:

Did they say they wouldn't adapt past Part II? 

I believe it was Neil who said they wouldn't. The deal only covers the first 2 games anyway.

Obviously things can change when you're talking about a period of years, but I don't believe they'll do a Game of Thrones on it for a number of reasons. Firstly, Game of Thrones is the perfect example of why they shouldn't adapt beyond the source material given how near universally panned the final season in particular was. It acts as a cautionary tale. Secondly, having the show move beyond the games will inevitably lead to a situation where the show either directly influences the next game, or the next game will be completely different to the show. It's just too messy in my opinion. The game should absolutely come first. I believe there's plenty of time for a third game to release before they reach that point in the show anyway.

• Like 1