Just got 100%, here are 11 tips on random trophies

ItsAlwaysSunnyyy

I don't suppose you remember where you found the War Horse in Undead Nightmare?

It's the only thing stopping me from finishing all the single player content (apart from the unicorn but obviously need to find all the horses for that) and I'm about to give up because I've already wasted several hours looking at different guides and searching the most common places people said it spawned

1 hour ago, MD_91 said:

It's the only thing stopping me from finishing all the single player content (apart from the unicorn but obviously need to find all the horses for that) and I'm about to give up because I've already wasted several hours looking at different guides and searching the most common places people said it spawned

It was the first one I found, if you look up the locations on Google you can get a photo of the spawn areas. I actually struggled to find Pestilence.. I rode around for about 2 hours after beating the game, turned it off in frustration and the next day it spawned within 2 minutes of me looking. I would just try to restart!

2 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Actually if you bought the DLC's which I believe are free now days or at least some of them are free, you'll get it from the start.

Also if you have the Game of the Year edition, Bonnie will give you the War Horse.

3 hours ago, mataningo said:

Actually if you bought the DLC's which I believe are free now days or at least some of them are free, you'll get it from the start.

Also if you have the Game of the Year edition, Bonnie will give you the War Horse.

I think he means the undead horse War, one of the Apocalypse ones, not the DLC horse that's called War Horse

9 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

I think he means the undead horse War, one of the Apocalypse ones, not the DLC horse that's called War Horse

Yeah it was pretty confusing at first. anyway when you get close to a mythical creature a blip will show up on the map and then you need to search for it in the area.

13 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

It was the first one I found, if you look up the locations on Google you can get a photo of the spawn areas. I actually struggled to find Pestilence.. I rode around for about 2 hours after beating the game, turned it off in frustration and the next day it spawned within 2 minutes of me looking. I would just try to restart!

Ended up starting a new game and found it immediately in the same area I'd been looking for hours on my previous save, not surprised with how glitchy this dlc is

17 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m sure this will be a very helpful post for some people! Congratulations on the 100%, this is a classic and a really fun game to platinum! 1f642.png

Thank you! I hope it helps some people.

9 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Ended up starting a new game and found it immediately in the same area I'd been looking for hours on my previous save, not surprised with how glitchy this dlc is

Sorry you had to start a new game. I've seen reports that sometimes the Apocalypse horses don't spawn and I worried it happened to me, but after a reload it was almost instant for Pestilence. Hopefully you can get the 100% soon :)

1 hour ago, eCs4free said:

just finished the story and a couple of easy trophies... still have "Redeemed" and the MP trophies... hope i can manage to do them before the game leaves PS Extra.

There are a lot of people boosting the online trophies. I joined a poker group session and through that met a few people who needed other group trophies done, and they had other friends join that were boosting and I connected with some of them also. Ended up with a relatively large group of people all over Europe and the US and someone was always ready to play, making the online trophies easier. I highly recommend doing this, but make sure you have a mic!

Redeemed is not so bad. Don't forget that everything from the number of bounties done in a region to the amount earned in the mini games is tracked 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

4) There are still glitched online lobbies so you can get your multiplayer experience, they're just rare. There are two types of glitches, one seemingly works at least until the glitch vanishes and the server becomes normal, and the other will crash your PS3/freeze your streaming game after a couple levels. If you encounter the crash don't worry because it'll save your experience gained. If you need Put the Posse on a Pedestal (50,000 posse points) and you're in a glitched lobby just add any random person while the shots are going. Make sure you shoot multiple glitched NPCs because each shot counts individually and you'll get the trophy quickly. It also is a good way to get the 500 kills weapon trophies

What was your strategy for finding a lobby?

I assume repeatedly hitting :select: and then "Find a New Free Roam", but the once you arrive in the next MacFarlane's Ranch, how much do you look around before moving on?

Was there a good time of day or day of week?  How many lobbies did you have to find to get to 50?  I assume more than one since you mentioned freezing.

11 hours ago, langdon said:

What was your strategy for finding a lobby?

I assume repeatedly hitting :select: and then "Find a New Free Roam", but the once you arrive in the next MacFarlane's Ranch, how much do you look around before moving on?

Was there a good time of day or day of week?  How many lobbies did you have to find to get to 50?  I assume more than one since you mentioned freezing.

Never found a proper time or pattern. I've heard the glitch can be present in Blackwater also but I never found it there. I usually would go to Hennigan's Stead and there's a main road there. I'd go into a lobby, run down to that main road, look in front to the porch of the big building (I think it's blue and maybe an saloon?) and then follow the road down to where there's like a tiny bridge over a river with a tree on the other side. Usually I see the glitched NPCs near the front porch of the building or that tree, and once by the stables.

Usually there are other signs, like no other NPCs around, your horse not coming when called, inability to see other players despite then on your minimal next to you, etc.. but really it's just luck

On 10/1/2022 at 0:06 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

Never found a proper time or pattern. I've heard the glitch can be present in Blackwater also but I never found it there. I usually would go to Hennigan's Stead and there's a main road there. I'd go into a lobby, run down to that main road, look in front to the porch of the big building (I think it's blue and maybe an saloon?) and then follow the road down to where there's like a tiny bridge over a river with a tree on the other side. Usually I see the glitched NPCs near the front porch of the building or that tree, and once by the stables.

Usually there are other signs, like no other NPCs around, your horse not coming when called, inability to see other players despite then on your minimal next to you, etc.. but really it's just luck

Hm, so far I've found 2 servers where my horse wouldn't come when called, but was unable to find any bodies.

Is there some significance of walking from outside of town or you just meant you would travel the main road through town from one side to the other?

And the tree after the bridge.  There are two large trees on the left and right of the road after bridge (on the outside of down).  A body would just be sitting under one of them?  On the road side?

Sorry to keep bothering with questions.  If I can spend 4 hours finding a lobby to save 16-20 hours of grinding the same mission over and over, it's worth it.

Heard that the servers are going down for this soon so jumping back onto it now. Apologies if dumb question, I started the game years ago with a regular RDR1 disc and got like 2 trophies. Coming back to it I have the GOTY edition, will this matter in terms of trophy lists?

Edited by basil_flash

8 hours ago, langdon said:

I've been looking in Normal Free Roam.  Were you doing Friendly Free Roam?

No I did normal, I didn't check friendly but I'm sure it would work there too

6 hours ago, basil_flash said:

Heard that the servers are going down for this soon so jumping back onto it now. Apologies if dumb question, I started the game years ago with a regular RDR1 disc and got like 2 trophies. Coming back to it I have the GOTY edition, will this matter in terms of trophy lists?

They're not going down, I think it's just a rumor. The game will be leaving PS+ Premium soon though. To my understanding, they changed the online servers to P2P since GameSpy went under (same as GTA IV), so there are no dedicated servers.. Could be wrong there but definitely no official announcement to take things offline.

The base game and GOTY edition are the same trophy lists so shouldn't need to worry as long as they're the same region