Stumbled upon this hidden gem

Super_Mep

4 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Clearly this person doesn't if they're telling me to ignore it, which is who I was directing the statement specifically at and not gamers as a whole.  And I try not to allow it to bum me out too much but after a while it all just adds up. 

Same. I never buy games at full price. It's a one and done deal with me, meaning once I platinum a game I move on, never to touch it again. So paying full price just isn't worth it to me. 

It's actually harder for me to figure out which games I did pay full price for haha. I know for sure I paid full price for Lego Skywalker Saga ?

Sigh .. there goes not just my completion percentage, but also my number of completed games drops by one .. Oh well.

15 euros for the dlc .. I'll wait ... I've had the policy of not paying more than 10 euros for a game and not more than 5 for a dlc for years now. I'll stick with it. A rare few games I'll pay more for, it's a policy, not a rule set in stone :). And it usually works out, eventually.

On 12/3/2022 at 6:12 AM, Super_Mep said:

It's actually harder for me to figure out which games I did pay full price for haha. I know for sure I paid full price for Lego Skywalker Saga ?

I paid full price for the Switch version for my girlfriend for her birthday. She played it once. Hasn't touched it since. And that was in July, lol. 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:23 PM, DaScorpio_ said:

Yeah I share the same experience, I don't really buy games at full price (last time was a loooong time ago), so DLCs are my biggest spending on gaming. It feels kinda crap paying more for a DLC than the game itself

2 hours ago, de_digibeet said:

Sigh .. there goes not just my completion percentage, but also my number of completed games drops by one .. Oh well.

15 euros for the dlc .. I'll wait ... I've had the policy of not paying more than 10 euros for a game and not more than 5 for a dlc for years now. I'll stick with it. A rare few games I'll pay more for, it's a policy, not a rule set in stone :). And it usually works out, eventually.

I don't buy games at full price (as previously mentioned) and sure as shit don't with the DLC either, especially nowadays with these developers charging $20 for them. They're out of their minds.