Stumbled upon this hidden gem

Super_Mep

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Not to shit on your topic but to me this game is an unpolished turd thus far. I'm about an hour in and have been bored to tears since the very beginning. I sure hope it gets better. And the lack of inventory space is getting fucking annoying.

You can upgrade the chest and backpack once you get to the Inn camp. 

Sorry you don't like the game ?

3 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

You can upgrade the chest and backpack once you get to the Inn camp. 

Sorry you don't like the game 1f614.png

Yeah so far I'm just really bored with it. I'll at least keep playing though and give it a fair shake. Fingers crossed that it gets better for me. Hey what items are safe to sell by the way?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Yeah so far I'm just really bored with it. I'll at least keep playing though and give it a fair shake. Fingers crossed that it gets better for me. Hey what items are safe to sell by the way?

Any item that says "you should sell this"

The shells, feathers anddd something else I can't remember.

Upgrade your weapon when you can. Don't waste points on block just upgrade health and attack and defense.

Also work towards getting lightning and freeze and upgrade the hell out of them.

Highly recommend finding the secret dig spots anytime you can. Your shovel will pulse when there's a chest to dig up.

Secret doors later in the game click on the walls with torches.

49 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

Any item that says "you should sell this"

The shells, feathers anddd something else I can't remember.

Upgrade your weapon when you can. Don't waste points on block just upgrade health and attack and defense.

Also work towards getting lightning and freeze and upgrade the hell out of them.

Highly recommend finding the secret dig spots anytime you can. Your shovel will pulse when there's a chest to dig up.

Secret doors later in the game click on the walls with torches.

I've read that upgrading your shield was the best way to go and to not bother upgrading equipment because you find weapons and armor often or gain them as quest rewards.

I played the whole game and never used the shield haha. Only had to use it on the clash of bones area for the trophy. But your progress in that arena always starts from scratch.

You do get new items frequently at the beginning then eventually your gear gets near high 20s low 30s and then I upgraded them

20 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

It definitely got a little long in the tooth near the end. Wait till you do the one trophy for getting to wave 9. You'll really hate me after that 1f605.png

I did the trophy for wave 9 a while ago. It was simple so long as you know what you're doing. 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:52 PM, Super_Mep said:

It definitely got a little long in the tooth near the end. Wait till you do the one trophy for getting to wave 9. You'll really hate me after that 1f605.png

Is the trophy Moose Hunter missable? Now that I have the air ship I can't run into any more random encounters to farm these kills.

-EDIT-

Nevermind. They can be farmed at Lost Caravan. Enter, kill, exit. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

15 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Is the trophy Moose Hunter missable? Now that I have the air ship I can't run into any more random encounters to farm these kills.

-EDIT-

Nevermind. They can be farmed at Lost Caravan. Enter, kill, exit. Rinse and repeat.

Between the two of us we could write the guide for this game haha

• 1 month later...

Why haven't the new DLC trophies been added? And yay, ANOTHER 100% stripped from my profile because of bullshit like this. I wish developers would STOP doing it! For fuck's sake go make a new game! I had no intentions of ever returning to this boring ass game but gee, looks like I have to now. ?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

On 11/26/2022 at 9:17 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

Why haven't the new DLC trophies been added? And yay, ANOTHER 100% stripped from my profile because of bullshit like this. I wish developers would STOP doing it! For fuck's sake go make a new game! I had no intentions of ever returning to this boring ass game but gee, looks like I have to now. 1f621.png

No you don't.  You could just ignore the DLC if the game isn't interesting to you.

• Like 3

You're not exactly the "completionist" type, judging by your completion percentage rating. You have a lot of incomplete games on your account. It's probably a waste of time for me to even bother trying to explain anything and why "You could just ignore the DLC" isn't that simple of a solution to all the gamers (such as myself) that ARE completionists. So I won't. I'll save us both the hassle because you'll likely not understand the mindset behind it anyway. 

Your completion percentage isn't the worst I've ever seen but it's clearly not a priority to you. And hey, that's cool man, I'm not trying to tear you down or start trouble. But to a completionist such as myself? It took many, many years of hard work to get my percentage to where it is today only for it to constantly take hits because of these goddamn DLCs developers like to add instead of just moving on to a new game. It was nowhere even remotely close to this bad during the PS3 days like it is today and it grates on my damn nerves (clearly)!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 3:29 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

You're not exactly the "completionist" type, judging by your completion percentage rating. You have a lot of incomplete games on your account. It's probably a waste of time for me to even bother trying to explain anything and why "You could just ignore the DLC" isn't that simple of a solution to all the gamers (such as myself) that ARE completionists. So I won't. I'll save us both the hassle because you'll likely not understand the mindset behind it anyway. 

Your completion percentage isn't the worst I've ever seen but it's clearly not a priority to you. And hey, that's cool man, I'm not trying to tear you down or start trouble. But to a completionist such as myself? It took many, many years of hard work to get my percentage to where it is today only for it to constantly take hits because of these goddamn DLCs developers like to add instead of just moving on to a new game. It was nowhere even remotely close to this bad during the PS3 days like it is today and it grates on my damn nerves (clearly)!

Dude, you make it sound like this "completionist" thing is something that others don't understand... they do. LordBilbanes simply said that you don't HAVE to buy this DLC. I understand you being completionist means you WILL buy it (hey I will too - because of completion), but we all know that DLCs come out even years after games initial release, don't get too bummed about it.

Only thing I'm bummed is that this DLC will cost me more than the game itself  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaScorpio_ said:

Dude, you make it sound like this "completionist" thing is something that others don't understand... they do. LordBilbanes simply said that you don't HAVE to buy this DLC. I understand you being completionist means you WILL buy it (hey I will too - because of completion), but we all know that DLCs come out even years after games initial release, don't get too bummed about it.

Only thing I'm bummed is that this DLC will cost me more than the game itself  

Yeah I saw the price too but I got the original game on a wicked sale so whatever ?

12 hours ago, DaScorpio_ said:

Dude, you make it sound like this "completionist" thing is something that others don't understand... they do.

Clearly this person doesn't if they're telling me to ignore it, which is who I was directing the statement specifically at and not gamers as a whole.  And I try not to allow it to bum me out too much but after a while it all just adds up. 

3 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

Yeah I saw the price too but I got the original game on a wicked sale so whatever 1f602.png

Same. I never buy games at full price. It's a one and done deal with me, meaning once I platinum a game I move on, never to touch it again. So paying full price just isn't worth it to me.