Do trophies pop from cloud save?

Spraragen88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 7:05 AM, Spraragen88 said:

My kids play this on Switch but I want to get it for PS as well. We would sync up the cloud save, but I don't know if that would affect trophies.

I'm hoping I could put my kids to work farming the fish and conversations then carry over the cloud save and pop the trophy on PS lol

You have to not "claim" the ones tied to a trophy. 
Then you can transfer save over by logging into other version it'll cloud sync automatically in my experience THEN you can hit claim to pop the other version, it seems to work PS4 > PS5 AND PS5 > PS4 which is great too.
If you pop it then xfer though, I don't think it'll trigger after that.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, PortaLuna said:

PlayStation 4 and 5 cross progression is limited to PlayStation. So you could not sync progress from PSN to any other platform or vice versa. There's also no auto granting of trophies, the best you can do is move the cloud save right before you earn a trophy and then pop it twice.

What are the chances Playstation will allow cross progression from other consoles once the game goes free to play? It’s a bummer it’s not allowed now. I bought the game for my girlfriend on the Switch but I’ve been helping her play and quite enjoying it myself. Wouldn’t mind getting the trophies at some point but the game is such a grind I don’t think I’d ever start over from scratch.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 5:56 AM, BushidoCypher said:

You have to not "claim" the ones tied to a trophy. 
Then you can transfer save over by logging into other version it'll cloud sync automatically in my experience THEN you can hit claim to pop the other version, it seems to work PS4 > PS5 AND PS5 > PS4 which is great too.
If you pop it then xfer though, I don't think it'll trigger after that.

I'm wondering though once you complete the task and wait to claim, when you do it on the other version won't it cloud save and you won't be able to claim on the original? Can you log in on both at the same time and hit claim together?

• 2 weeks later...

If you upload your local PS4 data to the cloud, with the relevant tasks unclaimed, e.g. Take 50 Photos. That same save point, will be available on PS5 (works the other way round also). Once you claim tasks on one console, don't reupload to the cloud, until you have claimed the same tasks on the other console also.

• Like 1