How do I redeem dlc on American account

Taliesin_2943

10 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok I'm in America but I have the eu physical version of the game that came with dlc voucher how would I go about redeeming it on my main American account?

If the code doesn't work you may have to download it on an EU account. 

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to create an EU account and redeem it there, because the code and DLC are region locked.

Will it come over to my main account though where I'm actually playing it or am I better off just forgetting about it it's just a couple o cars and stuff nothing I can't live without but they help

As a stacker you can’t use EU DLC with a USA game to get the DLC you need to either buy the DLC separately on the American store or buy a deluxe edition which I usually do because it’s cheaper in the long run. 

Example: I brought the EU version of Zero Escape (Doesn’t have any DLC) but I want the Japanese DLC you would have to buy the Japanese game and buy it’s DLC and you’ll be able to play on your account there is no transfer for DLC you need to buy it on that account.

If you have anymore questions about DLC issues I’m free to chat I’ve been doing this for years so I know what I’m doing. 

43 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

As a stacker you can’t use EU DLC with a USA game to get the DLC you need to either buy the DLC separately on the American store or buy a deluxe edition which I usually do because it’s cheaper in the long run. 

Example: I brought the EU version of Zero Escape (Doesn’t have any DLC) but I want the Japanese DLC you would have to buy the Japanese game and buy it’s DLC and you’ll be able to play on your account there is no transfer for DLC you need to buy it on that account.

If you have anymore questions about DLC issues I’m free to chat I’ve been doing this for years so I know what I’m doing. 

He has an EU copy of the game, so that’s not an issue. He just wants to play it on his US account.

15 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I dunno how that would work out for me my girlfriend's console is set as my primary so she can play my pa plus games :(

Shouldn’t be an issue. @HuntingFever isn’t exactly correct. Only the account that purchased the content needs to be active as primary.

So, make an EU account. Activate it as primary. Redeem the code and download and install the content. Switch to whichever account you want to play with, doesn’t matter if it is active or not, and you should be able to use any installed content purchased by other active primary accounts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

He has an EU copy of the game, so that’s not an issue. He just wants to play it on his US account.

Shouldn’t be an issue. @HuntingFever isn’t exactly correct. Only the account that purchased the content needs to be active as primary.

So, make an EU account. Activate it as primary. Redeem the code and download and install the content. Switch to whichever account you want to play with, doesn’t matter if it is active or not, and you should be able to use any installed content purchased by other active primary accounts. 

Really, when did that change? I was always told/under the impression that both accounts have to be set as Primaries for this to work ?.

21 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Yeah I reread the forum topic, I’m confused on what he’s trying to do.

27 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Yeah I reread the forum topic, I’m confused on what he’s trying to do.

I got the mafia trilogy on physical disc which is eu only it comes with a voucher with a code for dlc stuff like a car, clothes, ect I want to be able to use those items but because my disks are eu I couldn't use the code on my American account.

I'll have to make an eu account to redeem the code

Edited by Taliesin_2943

6 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I got the mafia trilogy on physical disc which is eu only it comes with a voucher with a code for dlc stuff like a car, clothes, ect I want to be able to use those items but because my disks are eu I couldn't use the code on my American account.

I'll have to make an eu account to redeem the code

Yes you will :)

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Really, when did that change? I was always told/under the impression that both accounts have to be set as Primaries for this to work 1f914.png.

No, it is definitely only the account that has the content. I'm not sure when this changed - at least since the PS4 came out. I haven't had my main account active on my PS4 in months. I'm not sure about my PS5, it might be active

There are some exceptions - you can't remote into a PS4 using a Vita unless the system has the account active as primary. And some DLC is account locked (I think Dirt 5 did this).

But for the most part, as long as the account that purchased the content is active on a particular system, any other account can use that content.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

No, it is definitely only the account that has the content. I'm not sure when this changed - at least since the PS4 came out. I haven't had my main account active on my PS4 in months. I'm not sure about my PS5, it might be active

There are some exceptions - you can't remote into a PS4 using a Vita unless the system has the account active as primary. And some DLC is account locked (I think Dirt 5 did this).

But for the most part, as long as the account that purchased the content is active on a particular system, any other account can use that content.

Your PS5 should still be primary unless you use your alt country accounts there aswell for PS5 ames the PS5 counts as a completely separate list of console I think so even if for example your account was my PS4 primary you can still have your account as primary on a PS5. Not 100% sure

Interesting but if info though like how you could be online and signed in on a PS3 and a PS4 at the same time u can do the same with PS4 and PS5 not sure if you could actively ve playing the same or completely different games at once but it doesn't kick you off if you log into both

55 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

In that case I stand corrected :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Your PS5 should still be primary unless you use your alt country accounts there aswell for PS5 ames the PS5 counts as a completely separate list of console I think so even if for example your account was my PS4 primary you can still have your account as primary on a PS5. Not 100% sure

Interesting but if info though like how you could be online and signed in on a PS3 and a PS4 at the same time u can do the same with PS4 and PS5 not sure if you could actively ve playing the same or completely different games at once but it doesn't kick you off if you log into both

Yes, you can have your account active as primary on multiple accounts, although I think for PS4 and PS5, you can only activate a single console for each account. For Vita and PS3, I think you can be active as primary on 3 separate consoles.

In my experience though, you cannot be actively logged in online on your account on both the PS4 and PS5 at the same time. At least, not playing a PS4 game. This has happened a few times where my kids have hopped on the PS4, and if I'm on the 5, it will kick me out. This didn't happen with the PS3/4/Vita where you could be on all 3 simultaneously.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Yes, you can have your account active as primary on multiple accounts, although I think for PS4 and PS5, you can only activate a single console for each account. For Vita and PS3, I think you can be active as primary on 3 separate consoles.

In my experience though, you cannot be actively logged in online on your account on both the PS4 and PS5 at the same time. At least, not playing a PS4 game. This has happened a few times where my kids have hopped on the PS4, and if I'm on the 5, it will kick me out. This didn't happen with the PS3/4/Vita where you could be on all 3 simultaneously.

Im currently on, on both my PS4 and PS5 on my main account and not being kicked but granted I'm also not in a game on either console I'm just downloading updates to my stuff

Also on the original topic I did as I was told and I now have my free dlc in my American account in my eu version of the game so thank you everyone that told me how to do it

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1