Snatcher being remade for Dreamcast

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/02/20/hideo-kojimas-snatcher-being-remade-on-dreamcast/

SNATCHER.png
Have you ever wanted to play SNATCHER, Hideo Kojima’s awesome SEGA CD game, on the SEGA Dreamcast? You might be able to do that soon enough, since Collectorvision is planning on remaking the game for the Dreamcast with ‘enhanced visuals’ and a remixed soundtrack.

Outside of this, not much else is known. You can check their facebook post, where they posted the above image (comparing the graphics of the SEGA CD version to the Dreamcast remake). Don’t expect it to be out soon.

Snatcher2.png

I just wish that the Sega CD version wasn't super expensive, cause the original's visuals honestly look better to me. 

Edited by Sonic

Just a reminder that I need to rebuild my Dreamcast collection whenever I have the expenses. It's the only console I've never sold and repurchased; still have the one I received in the Sonic bundle (Sonic Adventure and Sonic Shuffle!).

Certainly has one hell of an import library. 

The Sega CD version does (strangely) look better to me as well but when people are asking thousands of dollars for a copy I'd much rather play a slightly worse looking but much cheaper copy.  :lol:

I'll be looking forward to seeing more information about this game.

Parker

The Sega CD version does (strangely) look better to me as well but when people are asking thousands of dollars for a copy I'd much rather play a slightly worse looking but much cheaper copy.  :lol:

I'll be looking forward to seeing more information about this game.

Parker

The Sega CD version does appear to be brighter, but certainly has it's visible pixels, while the Dreamcast version has a bit of a blur filter added to limit pixelation, and uses fleshier tones.

I'd certainly go with the latter when given the choice, but I wouldn't dismiss the desire to also own the former for the sake of rarity.