Billion Dollar Babies - Unlocked when I saved

Just posting this here knowing that there are issues with getting Billion Dollar Babies.

I had reached the $1b using the helicopter challenge, and it didn't pop straight away. I decided that I'd back out to the menu to check if I was connected to the EA servers.

But before that, I created a new save (just in case something was bugged out, so I didn't want to overwrite a save I could still get it with), and then it popped almost immediately.

I also have autosave turned off, in anticipation of going after the HVTs, and had it turned on when I got Tattooed Millionaire.

It mustn't upload your progress to the server until your file is saved.

Thought this might help others out if they're in the same situation.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, SH06UN5126 said:

Just posting this here knowing that there are issues with getting Billion Dollar Babies.

I had reached the $1b using the helicopter challenge, and it didn't pop straight away. I decided that I'd back out to the menu to check if I was connected to the EA servers.

But before that, I created a new save (just in case something was bugged out, so I didn't want to overwrite a save I could still get it with), and then it popped almost immediately.

I also have autosave turned off, in anticipation of going after the HVTs, and had it turned on when I got Tattooed Millionaire.

Mine didn't pop after hitting $1 Billion, so I came on here looking for any potential solutions and found your post. Saved in a new save file and the trophy popped! Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 8:20 PM, Smashero said:

ALSO! If you are still aiming to get the Online trophies check this!

For Billion Dollar Babies guide is totally wrong!

"keep playing the winching challenge at the PMC but don't ever raise the bet"

RAISE IT EVERYTIME TO THE MAX FROM THE START! ShadowEW explained how it works. So keep raising it - you will reach 5 mln and you won't be able to raise it above that amount, BUT your MIN will raise everytime by 0.2 mln. Keep raising to 5 mln anyway! Wait until MIN will reach 5 mln and then STOP changing wager amount. Just press ACCEPT! MIN will be still increasing by 200k / 5% and you will get 5.2, 5.5, 6.1 etc. I managed to get 47.7mln during my last run!

This is absolutely correct, with the caveat that the maximum player bet is $5m. You therefore want to use the maximum bet until you have $100m, at which point the maximum bet you can place is still $5m, but the game will increase the bet. This is because the pilot always bets 5% of your wealth.

This was explained in 2008 on Xbox Achievements and seems to be a very much underrated and neglected post by user Akalabeth :

"Ok, everyone seems confused as to what to bet and when. Let me try to clarify.

You will get a minimum of 5% of your current cash.

If you are below 100 million you may alter the bet at 5 million(5% of 100M).

Therefore if you do not have 100 million you should raise the bet to 5 million.

Once you have 100million or more there is no need to set the bet as the minimum bet will be over 5 million.

So to make the big bucks you just need to have more cash.

the bet = .05 * your current cash

100Million = 5Million bet

200Million = 10Million bet

500Million = 25Million bet

999Million = 49.95Million bet

So basically your biggest bet could be $49,999,999 else you already had the Billion dollars and the achievement."

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/74260-easy-money-guide-video/page/3/

I am doing this grind right now and can confirm this is the case. Part of the confusion is likely caused by different people having different amounts of cash when starting and not understanding the formula the game uses.

• Like 3

On 13/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, SH06UN5126 said:

Thanks, I got mine today, I didn't have to save to get it, it just popped, although I already created a manual save - you can make a backup manual save whilst talking to the pilot for the next bet and XMB out if the game glitches during the challenge (sometimes the box will get stuck in the ground, once the helicopter "crashed" about one centimetre off the ground, Jenifer said something about needing a parachute!).

My friend was having issues with the challenge glitch method, so I wrote this guide for him, which I might as well share here.

First, watch this video to understand the glitch:

- DPad left to lower winch once airborne
- Pick up box with winch, ensure it is in bounds and close-ish to the middle of the circle 
- Wait a second or two - the camera will move to behind the helicopter - this part is very important
- Now you can hold X to go up, don't press anything else except X
- Get to 300m - you can do less but it's riskier
- Stop holding X, wait a second, press left on DPad to drop the box, wait a second and then push diagonally up and right ON THE LEFT ANALOGUE STICK (The glitch works because the box is above a certain height while your helicopter is outside the zone (because...reasons)), by pushing diagonally up and right on the left analogue stick the helicopter leaves the zone and causes the glitch
- You will win the bet

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 3