Thoughts On This Game?

The reviews aren't coloring this game in the brightest light which sucks because I wanted to buy it for my girlfriend as she's a big fan of the show. She literally just came back a few weeks ago from the NYC Comic-Con where she not only met the voice actors of Noir and Ladybug but also had pictures taken with them and autographed her Noir and Ladybug Funko Pops.

I've played the first three levels and I'm enjoying it!

The graphics are like a PS3/360-era game - they could have been better, but they're not awful. I've had a couple of glitches so far (mostly enemies getting stuck in the scenery) but nothing gamebreaking. There have been a few typos and some slightly awkward wording in parts, but it was made by a French dev so it's understandable.

The game itself is pretty easy - enemies only take two or three hits to defeat and they mostly just stand there and let you hit them. I haven't been beaten in battle yet, so I don't know what happens when you lose all your hearts, but there's no consequence to falling down holes.

I think if your girlfriend is a fan of the show, there would be enough to appeal to her in the game. You can switch between Ladybug and Cat Noir whenever you feel like (everyone is voiced by the same people as in the show) and there are familiar boss enemies to fight too. There are a lot of collectibles to pick up and upgrades to unlock. You also need to go back to replay some levels to access new areas after you get new abilities. 

I've played better licensed games, but I've definitely played far far worse ones. This one kind of reminds me of the 2007 TMNT game (which I really liked).

It sounds like your gf is a really big fan, so I think she'd enjoy it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ukiukimidnite said:

The graphics are like a PS3/360-era game - they could have been better, but they're not awful. I've had a couple of glitches so far (mostly enemies getting stuck in the scenery) but nothing gamebreaking. There have been a few typos and some slightly awkward wording in parts, but it was made by a French dev so it's understandable.

The game itself is pretty easy - enemies only take two or three hits to defeat and they mostly just stand there and let you hit them. I haven't been beaten in battle yet, so I don't know what happens when you lose all your hearts, but there's no consequence to falling down holes.

I think if your girlfriend is a fan of the show, there would be enough to appeal to her in the game. You can switch between Ladybug and Cat Noir whenever you feel like (everyone is voiced by the same people as in the show) and there are familiar boss enemies to fight too. There are a lot of collectibles to pick up and upgrades to unlock. You also need to go back to replay some levels to access new areas after you get new abilities. 

I've played better licensed games, but I've definitely played far far worse ones. This one kind of reminds me of the 2007 TMNT game (which I really liked).

Hey man, thanks a lot for your very helpful and informative response. I'll pass your message along for her to read. Again, thank you so much. ?

• Like 1

On 29-10-2022 at 3:40 PM, ukiukimidnite said:

Do you know how to get the trophy the wall between us?

1 hour ago, Me_Jessyy said:

Do you know how to get the trophy the wall between us?

I've got no idea, sorry!

I've been looking online every day to see if anyone has posted any information about it, but still nothing. 

It only has one achiever so far on PSNP, but I'm not sure if they speak English (their profile text is in French):

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/18981-miraculous-rise-of-the-sphinx/33-the-wall-between-us

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ukiukimidnite said:

I've got no idea, sorry!

I've been looking online every day to see if anyone has posted any information about it, but still nothing. 

It only has one achiever so far on PSNP, but I'm not sure if they speak English (their profile text is in French):

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/18981-miraculous-rise-of-the-sphinx/33-the-wall-between-us

Greetings once again, awesome gamer chick! ?

I tried messaging that dude for you that platinumed the game (not that you asked me to) over PSN but he has Privacy settings on so I couldn't. I messaged him on here as well though so if he answers in a language I can understand (or even answers at all) I'll definitely pass the info along. 

I noticed there's another PS4 stack? What region?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ukiukimidnite said:

I've got no idea, sorry!

Yeah I'm checking online too every day. But nothing. If I know how to unlock the trophy I'll let you know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I noticed there's another PS4 stack? What region?

From looking at the leaderboards, it looks like there's a US version and a European version! It looks like there's only one PS5 version though.

Thanks for DMing that person too! I'm almost at the end of New Game+ and I've still not figured out what that trophy is supposed to mean!

38 minutes ago, Me_Jessyy said:

Yeah I'm checking online too every day. But nothing. If I know how to unlock the trophy I'll let you know.

I'm worried it might be glitched - I've finished New Game + now and I still haven't unlocked the trophy.

I noticed one of the photos in the scrapbook (the last one under the Moments tab) is the same picture as the trophy icon, so I think that might be related.

I've tried to contact the developers to see if they can tell me what the trophy actually is, so I'll let you know if/when I hear from them!

17 minutes ago, ukiukimidnite said:

I'm worried it might be glitched - I've finished New Game + now and I still haven't unlocked the trophy.

I noticed one of the photos in the scrapbook (the last one under the Moments tab) is the same picture as the trophy icon, so I think that might be related.

I've tried to contact the developers to see if they can tell me what the trophy actually is, so I'll let you know if/when I hear from them!

Ok thank you. I hope the developers are fixing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukiukimidnite said:

3 hours ago, Me_Jessyy said:

Ok thank you. I hope the developers are fixing it.

What version are you guys playing though? That French dude (who hasn't answered my message) managed to platinum this game but there's 3 versions.

22 minutes ago, ukiukimidnite said:

We're both playing the PS5 version - this trophy has a 0.1% unlock rate, but no one on PSNP has unlocked it yet!

I checked my messages to see if he'd even read it yet and it says "unread". Sorry that I can't be of much help right now. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

What version are you guys playing though? That French dude (who hasn't answered my message) managed to platinum this game but there's 3 versions.

I'm playing the PS5 version. I messaged him on the PS app and this is what he says:

I dont know really how I have. The moment that trophy pop is the moment when Adrien speak with marinette at the end of game for the birthday party with the photo at the end of conversation.

2 hours ago, Me_Jessyy said:

I'm playing the PS5 version. I messaged him on the PS app and this is what he says:

I dont know really how I have. The moment that trophy pop is the moment when Adrien speak with marinette at the end of game for the birthday party with the photo at the end of conversation.

Wait... you were able to message him over PSN? I wasn't able to due to his privacy settings.

It sounds like the trophy is tied to the BFF stuff maybe? I've been playing the game and when I spoke to Alya in the game, she mentioned Adrien's birthday in the friendship dialogue, same with Kagami. So it seems like that's a side thing with Marinette that needs to be done maybe. As in, get all the conversations out of the way to do with Adrien's birthday and I'm guessing you attend it and that's how the trophy unlocks?

Also, Akuma mode. I take it that's to do with replaying levels. As I did notice the Akuma butterfly when selecting a level to replay (but haven't replayed any yet. Want to get all the exploration abilities unlocked first).

So far, my thoughts on the game itself is that it's not a terrible game, but not fantastic either. As it's been said, enemies go down in a few punches. And I've not even needed to use any of these abilities in fights, as one fight is over before I know it.

• Like 1

For people who still have problems with the "The wall between us" trophy

I got this trophy, but I had to do 10 playthroughs to figure out what the game wants from me. (you don't have to do the same) The problem was friends. You need to have high friendship scores in everyone before the party, thanks to good communication with your friends, you will get a unique cutscene in which you will also take a selfie with Adrian and receive a trophy accordingly

To get this trophy, you need to delete the current save file on your console and start a new game
Missions don't require anything from you, just complete them.
In between missions, you MUST check all 4 friends on the map for a unique friendly conversation.
Friends are always at these locations:
High School, Marinette's Home, Place de Vosges, Liberty and Le Grand Paris
To get the best relationship with friends, choose these answers in the dialogues:
Alya: first, first, first, second, second, first
Nino: first, first, second, second, first
Luka: first, first, first, first
Kagami: first, first, first

If you did everything right, the trophy will drop immediately at the moment of the party.

You're welcome

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dizonard said:

I got this trophy, but I had to do 10 playthroughs to figure out what the game wants from me. (you don't have to do the same) The problem was friends. You need to have high friendship scores in everyone before the party, thanks to good communication with your friends, you will get a unique cutscene in which you will also take a selfie with Adrian and receive a trophy accordingly

To get this trophy, you need to delete the current save file on your console and start a new game
In between missions, you MUST check all 4 friends on the map for a unique friendly conversation.
To get the best relationship with friends, choose these answers in the dialogues:

If you did everything right, the trophy will drop immediately at the moment of the party.

You're welcome

Thank you so much!

Important edit!
After the cutscene with Max on the barge, be sure to talk to Nino first! The conversation with Alya will continue the story and you won't be able to talk to him anymore.
Also about the final mission.
After defeating the Hawk Moth, you will have the goal "talk to Alya"
We speak with her, and DO NOT GO IMMEDIATELY to Adrian!
Once again we check friends at locations for the final conversation before the party and after that we go to Adrian and start the moment with the party

• Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, Dizonard said:

You're welcome

Thank you 

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, Dizonard said:

You're welcome

Hello, quick question if you have a second. I noticed when playing through the game you can talk to Nino 6 times just like Alya, but there are only 5 dialogue answers for Nino listed here. Should I be ignoring the first chance to talk to Nino, and start the "first, first, second, second, first" stuff with the next available dialogue choice? If I talk to him all 6 times in the game, his BFF meter caps off 1st before any of the other characters and I'm wondering if that is what is glitching me out of the "The Wall Between Us" trophy. And also if you happen to remember, what version of the game did you play? I've played the original 1.000 version and the latest 1.300 version and still no luck on the trophy. Any extra advice helps, thank you for reading.