Does the Adventure Pass grinding exploit still work?

Pirelli913

In the Season 2 trophy guide, they mention an exploit (which I used for Season 1 to grind up to level 45 for a trophy) but sadly, I need to reach level 50 for an item for a trophy in Season 2 now lol. Was curios if the exploit still works or if it was patched now that Season 3 is out? Does anyone know? Thanks. Here's what was said in the Season 2 trophy guide:

Earning Adventure Pass points can be a pain, as it takes a long time to climb the ranks. Whilst the trophies for the second pass aren't too bad, if you do still need points for either pass, you can use a little exploit in the game in which you reach the last floor of The Tower, kill the boss, but DON'T GO THROUGH THE FINISHING DOOR! 

Instead, talk to the blue Tower NPC that let's you warp back to Camp, which will save your progress including killing the boss fight. At this point, back up your save file and re-open the game. From this point on, you will have a save file that you can restore that has finished the tower, but hasn't gone through the final door yet. Therefore, you can download your save and go through the final door, and every time you do this, you will earn a decent amount of Adventure Pass points. As the progress for the Adventure Pass is stored online, restoring the save won't make you lose any points. Repeat as necessary, until you have whatever levels you need in your Adventure Passes.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, leongabriel_ said:

Does this method still work as of today? I read somewhere else that this was patched when season 3 arrives and I cant verify because I just started the game

It was not patched when Season 3 arrived in october last year because I used it just fine. But it's been 4 months since, so they may have patched it during the season, but I really doubt it, because this worked since 2021. Obviously your best bet would be to try it yourself, the tower only takes about 20 minutes to complete and it's not that hard either.

Edit: I just remembered that they patched the soggy cave shortcuts 2 years after release so saying that this exploit works since 2021 is not really reassuring at all haha! But I still strongly believe that it is not patched ?

Edited by Kulzyc

I'm glad to confirm this method still works, roughly one adventure pass level every 3 minutes or so (at low levels). Of course it will still take some time to get to lvl 50, much more if you want to level all 3 passes, but miles quicker compared to grinding normally…

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, leongabriel_ said:

On Season 1 to get the pet for the trophy you need to get to lvl 45 not 50. I will probably level up all 3 seasons to 50 because of OCD lol

Yeah but I think on season 2 you need to equip everything from the previous season, so you need to reach tier 50. I don't know maybe it's not needed now!